Fluff Messaging - Spells 11/18/2013 11:30 PM CST
This is a fantastically minor point, and I want to emphasize I consider this merely a matter of fluff/flavor.

When hunting with bards, I see this message when someone drops GJ -

"The aethereal static subsides, returning your spellcasting abilities to normal."

Oh boy! I can cast spells again!

It seems somewhat silly, but it might be fun for NMU's (I guess it's just Commoners, Thieves and Barbs soon) to get different messaging when subject to magic hindering abilities. I'm not even sure if there are other spells that this applies to, but I think in the barbarian tradition it would cool to have a slightly different message.

"[Bard singing GJ]'s incessant droning ceases, giving you some peace and quiet once again."

Or something.
Re: Fluff Messaging - Spells 11/19/2013 04:27 AM CST
GJ's messaging needs a total overhaul. It's another one of those things I'd like to have done for 3.1 but may not get to (Since it has no mechanical impact, it's just bad and has nothing to do with what the spell does now).

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Fluff Messaging - Spells 02/15/2014 04:38 AM CST
Appraisal is still doing this as well.

<<If you attempted to debilitate the enemy, you are certain that it would train exceptionally well, but you probably won't be landing many spells.>>

Rawr.

<<If I can't cast thunderclap, you can't summon the dark lord of the abyss to devour the flesh of the innocent>>