Prev_page Previous 1
:O 04/30/2004 03:16 PM CDT
quick i'm bored someone post something.

Celestica moves a stone mortar labeled "NotCelestiaa" to his right hand.

You tap a hollow ram's horn
labeled "NotCelestica" that you are wearing.

http://www.livejournal.com/users/myljpwnsyou/
Re: :O 04/30/2004 03:17 PM CDT
>>quick i'm bored someone post something.

Something.

Brabs

Fighting with a bunch of archers in Geni.

"Hey, it's shoot GENI, not shoot GEN!"

Ambassador Genneron, of M'riss
[Arcath] "Public Service Announcement: Please shoot at the archers and not at Arcath"
Re: :O 04/30/2004 03:45 PM CDT
>>quick i'm bored someone post something.

http://ca.send.greetings.yahoo.com/greet/send?.id=351061192&.catu=/cards/Sanrio/Wishes_and_Thoughts/

Steel.

YOU HAVE <insert ability here>!! YOU ARE OVERPOWERED!! DIE GUILD DIE!!!

Now with combat move charts!
http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/steelflash
Re: :O 04/30/2004 03:50 PM CDT
You, sir, are a rambling paper-faced snow-hog!

http://www.livejournal.com/users/myljpwnsyou/
Re: :O 04/30/2004 04:50 PM CDT
http://picard.ytmnd.com/ Just watch/listen to that for a while until soemthing happens and it will keep you occupied.

-Berserker Sigmer Heldnhammer-
God Hates A Coward
Re: :O 04/30/2004 05:34 PM CDT
Be careful what you wish for! Hee hee!

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: :O 04/30/2004 06:14 PM CDT
Dokidoki chicken chums!

Stringpuller of Raydell, et al

"It's not the Sais that counts..." ~Swordswallower's saying.

"...I'll make thee eat iron like an ostrich, and swallow my sword like a great pin, ere thou an I part." ~Cade, from King Henry VI
Re: :O 04/30/2004 10:48 PM CDT
Where Chrystian came up with his char's last name:

http://members.aol.com/seashadowed/bondurant.jpg

Teesha :P

"Now don't be greedy, Marge. Remember, it's uterus not uteryou."
-Homer Simpson
Re: :O 05/06/2004 03:01 PM CDT
Strongbad says, "404'd!"

Steel.

YOU HAVE <insert ability here>!! YOU ARE OVERPOWERED!! DIE GUILD DIE!!!

Now with combat move charts!
http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/steelflash
Re: :O 05/06/2004 06:25 PM CDT
pwned

Re: :O 05/07/2004 10:00 PM CDT
I hate to be the idiot, but Im gonna ask and hope there's others out there who are dumb as I am and have no idea what the heck that means...so what does pwned mean? I've seen the HOO, but where did the p come from?

Re: :O 05/07/2004 10:15 PM CDT
it's just a stupid way of saying Owned, "p" as you can see on your keyboard, is places about 5/12 of an inch from "o" making it easily accessable for typos. So it was a common typo to type pwned instead of owned much like teh or adn. the P jsut became a different way of saying it just because it was supporting the typo, that and alot fo 1337 speak comics and weebsites supported it aswell. And so pwned was born and is now more used then it's grammatically correct counter part owned....My friends and I still say we were one of the first to use it however since we have an old cat named Pone, after the word and rember when Pizza hut those Pizzone things? ya we had a blast with those to. mmmmmhmmm typos in society.

Re: :O 05/07/2004 10:23 PM CDT
>>it's just a stupid way of saying Owned, "p" as you can see on your keyboard, is places about 5/12 of an inch from "o" making it easily accessable for typos. So it was a common typo to type pwned instead of owned much like teh or adn. the P jsut became a different way of saying it just because it was supporting the typo, that and alot fo 1337 speak comics and weebsites supported it aswell. And so pwned was born and is now more used then it's grammatically correct counter part owned....My friends and I still say we were one of the first to use it however since we have an old cat named Pone, after the word and rember when Pizza hut those Pizzone things? ya we had a blast with those to. mmmmmhmmm typos in society.

It actually started in DAoC... when some Korean guild was posting on the DAoC boards and they kept saying pwnzd. They wanted ownzd. But alas... they missed the mark. DAoC at this time had a lot of well known guilds playing and so they just started saying that as a way of making fun of Koreans.

Couple of ppl then brought it to DR: tf first and then it just came over into prime after.

Along with other things like kekeke

Thumping Empaths for no reason since '99

With the speed of a striking snake, you thump Summerain in the neck with the edge of your flattened palm striking her in the vocal cords. Summerain clutches her throat, wheezing pathetically.
Re: :O 05/07/2004 11:03 PM CDT
Erm.. it didn't start in DAoC, it's been around since before the game even came out.

It was frequent in online first person shooter games from as far back as I can remember playing them (which started for me when Half-Life first came out, years back), though I don't know if it started in FPS games either <g>.

Dragoonseal
Re: :O 05/07/2004 11:24 PM CDT
it didn't start with the games, it started with those sillt Japanese Anime Comic websites that invent "1337" talk and the main readership of those just so happened to play FPS's go figure, and of course once it was brought into such a large gaming market as FPS's it quickly spread through to all games, but remains king in FPS shooters, it did however make its DR premiere in Prime, however it was never sud really I think Poshly and the crew were the first I recall hearing use it, but it was much more noticable in Fallen when RP restriction were dropped and it became as fair ground as any other game, now it makes random appearances even on the prime broads, via me, but it was out WAY before Camalot trust me it was around before Everquest, this I know because we named our cat after it before EQ came out ir right when it did and I used to make fun of my friend for playing it so DAOC no FPS no, but it's where it was mainly found. It started from Comics.

Re: :O 05/08/2004 02:39 AM CDT
I'm not talking about l33t.

I'm talking about pwnz. And that didn't start until the koreans joined American servers.

Thumping Empaths for no reason since '99

With the speed of a striking snake, you thump Summerain in the neck with the edge of your flattened palm striking her in the vocal cords. Summerain clutches her throat, wheezing pathetically.

With the speed of a striking snake, you thump Cristlynn in the neck with the edge of your flattened palm striking her in the vocal cords. Cristlynn clutches her throat, wheezing pathetically.
Re: :O 05/08/2004 03:26 AM CDT
no pwned IS 1337, it started with "1337 speak" comics on...I think Tokyo...somthing.com. the clairify, the use of "PWN" originated from "1337 speak" comics, we are in fact speaking about 1337 speak because "pwn" in itself IS "1337 Speak" so yes, it did come from eastern countries, since these comics are Anime based, however it DID NOT originate in games, it was made popular by games, nothing more. Take my word on this i've actually traced this back as far as I could and tried to find where it came from, took a while but the Tokyo website has some "old" stuff before internet gaming was popular or really possible in the scale it is todat, using "pwn" and other things. if Not I can try to find the darn website but it was hard as heck to find in the first place and to be honest I don't really care any more ;P, I know whre it came from.

Re: :O 05/08/2004 03:26 AM CDT
ponders when other cultures will pick up on soim words then. I got thousands of typos.

Make a difference, Be a Vodka Donor
Don't let Soim's Simucon supplies run low this year

Re: :O 05/08/2004 03:31 AM CDT
>I'm not talking about l33t.

>I'm talking about pwnz. And that didn't start until the koreans joined American servers.

And we're telling you that you're wrong. ;)

It's been around for a good deal longer than that.

Dragoonseal
Re: :O 05/08/2004 04:00 AM CDT
Celestiaa, you don't mean http://www.megatokyo.com do you? Because it's definitely been around longer than that. Largo, the one from the site who uses the word, and who is also a heavy gamer and l33t speaker, has also gotten the word from gaming (and likely his all his l33t speak itself).

Dragoonseal
Re: :O 05/08/2004 11:25 AM CDT
black panthers pwnzed NE gate back in the day:/
Re: :O 05/08/2004 02:42 PM CDT
hmmhmm I think it might have been but it's been like 4 years since I remember researching it a little bit, can't say for certain if it was, but if not do you know where what game they got it from? and do you have any idea where it might have come from before then if so? I was pretty sure it did not originate from gaming just because there would have been no social support for the use of a typo and would have to have some sort of iconic suppot for it to become a "norm" if that makes any sense. If not just say so I can try to explain further. my guess is that it may have been "first" used in games considering the amount of typing, and youwouldn't just say pwned to someone unless you're odd....like us...hehe... but I fnid it hard to believe that a typo would be able to gain a following, for lack of a better word, from just being used in a game a few times, it would have needed some sort of support socially, liek a comic...moive....book...newsletter, website...etc.

Re: :O 05/08/2004 02:51 PM CDT
>ponders when other cultures will pick up on soim words then. I got thousands of typos.

give me some i'm sure I can use them <snicker>

Re: :O 05/08/2004 04:16 PM CDT
IDB??

Player of Maizann
"Hello, China. I have somethin you may want, but it's gonna cost ya. Thats right...all the tea."
Re: :O 05/09/2004 06:09 PM CDT
Soim, you need to start working on your typos and make DR famous or something.

-Ruffles
Re: :O 05/10/2004 10:13 PM CDT
Speaking of l337 and stuff...

My roommate was playing the new tony hawk game and at one point you come across some nerdy annoying teenage kid (he's a pretty minor character). And part of the converstation the kids says, "I r00l, I am l337" (my roommate was like, "What the <bleep>?") and it spells like that but when the voice reading it says it he says, "I rule. I am elite."

So yeah, you pronounce "l337" as "elite" I guess? cool.

Tessaa
Re: :O 05/10/2004 10:20 PM CDT
>My roommate was playing the new tony hawk game and at one point you come across some nerdy annoying teenage kid (he's a pretty minor character). And part of the converstation the kids says, "I r00l, I am l337" (my roommate was like, "What the <bleep>?") and it spells like that but when the voice reading it says it he says, "I rule. I am elite."

I like the Penny Arcade reference better than the whole game.

Nester
Re: :O 05/10/2004 10:44 PM CDT
>I like the Penny Arcade reference better than the whole game.

My roommate and I beat it together so I only played like half of the game, must have missed that one.

And rumor has it that the "elite" thing was allready well known. Does that mean I am not elite?

Tessaa
Re: :O 05/10/2004 10:45 PM CDT
>Does that mean I am not elite?

On second thought, don't answer that.

Tessaa
Re: :O 05/10/2004 11:02 PM CDT
>So yeah, you pronounce "l337" as "elite" I guess? cool.

that is correct, if you watch the movie Hackers they will use the term in regular speech throught the movie, it is pronouced elite because thats what 1337 stands from explaination.

3 = E mirror the 3 around
7 = T 7 looks liek T without the second arm
1 = L 1 looks like lower case L

Anyways, Elite was kinda liek a fancy way for people to say I rule, Cool, awesome, things like that who were kind of into that.

So, on a computer you would spell it 31337, and if you notice by taking th first 3 off you havea quick success from left to right without back tracking on the keyboard which surprisingly if you try it makes it twice as fast to type, leading to the shortened version.

may I grace you with an exmaple of 1337 talk for reference.

7|-|15 15 @/\/ 3X@/\/\p13 0|= 1337 5p33K

translation, "This is an example of 1337 Speak."

just s you kind of get teh drift hot the 3 got dropped for speed.

You tap a hollow ram's horn labeled "NotCelestica" that you are wearing.
* Celestiaa was just struck down!
* Celestica was just struck down!
* Celesi was just struck down!
Re: :O 05/11/2004 12:44 AM CDT
>may I grace you with an exmaple of 1337 talk for reference.

umop ap!s&n +! hes uec noh l!+un LEE1 hlleaj +ou aj.noA

uo!u!&o s.qje? auo +snF

awosanj?

"You're just going to have to figure out what it wants. What is its motivation?"
"It's a rock monster. It doesn't have motivation."
"See, that's your problem, Jason. You were never serious about the craft."
Re: :O 05/11/2004 03:59 AM CDT
>umop ap!s&n +! hes uec noh l!+un LEE1 hlleaj +ou aj.noA

uo!u!&o s.qje? auo +snF

awosanj?

<chuckle>
I enjoy that.

Re: :O 05/11/2004 10:02 AM CDT
Hey now, I quit playing yahoogames to get away from this!

Stringpuller of Raydell, et al

"It's not the Sais that counts..." ~Swordswallower's saying.

"...I'll make thee eat iron like an ostrich, and swallow my sword like a great pin, ere thou an I part." ~Cade, from King Henry VI
Re: :O 05/11/2004 10:22 AM CDT
<<Celestica's Post>>

My god you people butcher it! Has to be more subtle. To spell an entire thing out in numbers and such is just stupid :P

A true counter-strike-kiddie would say..

"j0 g0t 0wnz3d s0n"

or something like that - only the obvious letters get altered, the z's just make you look even cooler lol

5 plus years on counter strike and tfc boards has shown me what is considered leet cool speak. to hear dr players speak like that just makes me laugh. especially when I hear bought characters sayin "OWNED" after a tourney. just warms my heart.

---
galren.moonskin, ex counter-strike and TFC player

"What you fear, you create."
Re: :O 05/11/2004 11:30 AM CDT
I ch113nge joo 2 a 1337 sp33k ma7ch sir, k thx bi.

Re: :O 05/11/2004 01:36 PM CDT
Just trying to make sense of leet speak annoys me. I have a headache after I try futiley to decipher it. Kinda hurts the eyes too.

Player of Maizann
"Hello, China. I have somethin you may want, but it's gonna cost ya. Thats right...all the tea."
Re: :O 05/11/2004 08:57 PM CDT
Haha, I'm with Galren.

Dragoonseal, who STILL plays TFC (and would still play CS if he didn't have such a sucky computer, stupid Steam)
Re: :O 05/11/2004 09:02 PM CDT
Translation?

Jacania

Any questions, concerns or issues please email me Mod-Jacania@play.net, Senior Monitor Dr-Redryn@play.net or Senior Monitor Dr-Emony@play.net.
Re: :O 05/11/2004 09:20 PM CDT
They said Jacania r0x0rs ur s0x0rs

I dunno, my first time with leet speek

Genneron
AIM: Genneron
Help me out here, build up my army.
http://www.kingsofchaos.com/recruit.php?uniqid=6az3xbi9
Re: :O 05/11/2004 09:39 PM CDT
>They said Jacania r0x0rs ur s0x0rs

that my friend was a good first attmept at 1337 sp33k
3 pts.

Prev_page Previous 1