The Calm before the Storm 01/03/2020 01:05 PM CST
Okay, I recently passed 1600 Expertise and have been trying out the BCM ANALYZE CALM. However, what I didn't expect is that using MED POWER would trigger it. This shouldn't happen as POWER doesn't use much, if any, IF in reality. I use StormFront and I check MED POWER to determine if I need to put my meditations back up or not all the time, thus wasting the IF savings from CALM.

>meditate power
The calm strengthening your resolve slips away.
You begin to meditate upon the chakrel amulet, your inner fire swelling as you center your mind, body, and spirit.
Roundtime: 3 sec.

Can we please make it so that neither POWER nor FLAME trigger the CALM affect?

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!

Barbarian Guild Suggestions
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4L5hAxR1-VLDegDNZBIhGdo5bMgnCtm84Icm2E0utU/edit#gid=0
Re: The Calm before the Storm 01/03/2020 01:49 PM CST
>I use StormFront and I check MED POWER to determine if I need to put my meditations back up or not all the time

I agree that this is a good request, but I'm not sure what using SF has to do with the second part there? Your abilities should show up in the spell window.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors." -Raesh
Re: The Calm before the Storm 01/03/2020 02:23 PM CST
>>I agree that this is a good request, but I'm not sure what using SF has to do with the second part there? Your abilities should show up in the spell window.

Because Lich and Genie scripts can use triggers when a meditation ends without the need to use MED POWER. I have to use MED POWER in my scripts to see if I need to restart any. ;-)

Can we please make sure that MEDITATE RUNESTONE <verb> doesn't tank CALM as well?

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!

Barbarian Guild Suggestions
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4L5hAxR1-VLDegDNZBIhGdo5bMgnCtm84Icm2E0utU/edit#gid=0
Re: The Calm before the Storm 01/03/2020 02:53 PM CST
Nice suggestion Rhaedyn, I agree power and flame and crushing runestones shouldn't trigger calm's meditation reduction.

I'm not sure how confident I am that this change will happen anytime soon in the current development environment. We literally have the ability to learn empty skills (Dervish and Juggernaut) and no one has fixed this obvious bug in years, I had to spend plats to unlearn Dervish after assisting in-game.
Re: The Calm before the Storm 01/03/2020 03:46 PM CST
>I have to use MED POWER in my scripts to see if I need to restart any. ;-)

Ah, it wasn't clear from what you said you were talking about a script. That makes more sense.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors." -Raesh