Refreshing 12/31/2015 12:23 PM CST
When you have less than three meditations running you can refresh existing meditations but one you start the third you can't refresh any and have to stop all meditations to get a refresh.

So for example:
Current meditations - Tenacity and Contemplation; you can refresh either or start a third
Current meditations - Unyielding, Tenacity and Contemplation; you cannot refresh any and can only wait till one ends or manually stop them all (can't stop just one)

Why is this an issue? Many meditations are utility in nature such as Seek, Unyielding, etc. If these aren't stopped prior to starting combat related meditations it causes not only QOL problems but burns up fire once one figures out what's going on. Also, if a barbarian doesn't have Power they would not know what they have running and force them to drop all meditations to reset.

Would it be possible to allow either stopping specific meditations, like forms. This would allow easy swapping of meditations in/out of combat as needed (Serenity for Bastion or Dispel). Or how about allowing a refresh on a meditation that is already running without triggering the "you can't have more than three meditations running" which stops you from refreshing? Maybe these abilities could be tied to Yogi?

Note what happens when you have less than three running and refresh (Contemplation is running and note when it stops in this scenario)...

>med cont
You begin to meditate upon the chakrel amulet, your inner fire swelling as you center your mind, body, and spirit.
Roundtime: 10 sec.
Gazing into the flame, you contemplate a myriad of protective strategies.
Closer, closer the flames leap as you complete the martial analysis.
The ability to contemplate enhanced defensive strategies drifts out of your mind as your meditation ends.
The flame dance about you and fuel an enhanced defensive capability!
You feel a jolt as your vision snaps shut.

The meditation drops just as you start up the new one.

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!
Re: Refreshing 12/31/2015 12:47 PM CST

Huh! Yeah, that's annoying!

The Seek meditation will persist in your mind for 38 roisaen.
The Tenacity meditation will persist in your mind for 8 roisaen.
The Contemplation meditation will persist in your mind for 28 roisaen.
/

You feel a jolt as your vision snaps shut.
>medi tena
You find yourself unable to focus on an additional meditation. Perhaps try stopping one first?

I also wish Forms could be refreshed. Since there's a 1m ramp up, it's particularly annoying to have to drop or wait for some to expire. When I was relying on Turtle to keep critter spells off me, the only time I'd get injured is when it was time to refresh it.
Re: Refreshing 04/14/2016 11:30 PM CDT
>>When you have less than three meditations running you can refresh existing meditations but one you start the third you can't refresh any and have to stop all meditations to get a refresh.

I'll investigate addressing this when I work on Form refreshing.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes