Barbarian fest shops 11/09/2013 01:03 PM CST
Ok I have gone through the spider several times; I'm sure I've not covered everywhere since I keep getting lost. But could some sharp barb (or trader) please post which shops are "barbarian friendly"?

Also, in the promo for the fest, it mentioned there was a shop called "Barbarian Paradise". Anyone find it yet? Is it open? When will it open?

Help, "Barbarian Paradise" is the only reason I got a ticket. But I absolutely love the shard gift. I loved personalizing it and tried clench with it. It drained the shard completely but did serious damage to all around me and shoved me to out of combat. They were right, this is one powerful gift. I urge everyone to get one.

Shinarah
Re: Barbarian fest shops 11/09/2013 03:05 PM CST
I'm not finding the details but typically, in years past it says that the list of shops is tentative. As of yet I do not see any Barbarian Paradise shop in other of the spiders. (I may be overlooking it).

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
Re: Barbarian fest shops 11/09/2013 03:34 PM CST
Hey there. I am told the shop won't be opening this year. This happens sometimes, and the pre-release lists are just a guideline for what we expect to be able to get out. Sometimes RL things come up and our plans fall through.

I typically put my energies into shops for Guildfest, and avoid shops for HE. But I'd been wanting to get a crafting shop out for a while now. Between that, making dozens of items and the rare material droppers.. just didn't have time to write a new Barb shop. Maybe next year!

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Barbarian fest shops 11/11/2013 03:26 PM CST
::sighs:: Well thanks for the reply, at least I won't go nuts looking for it. And hopefully I can attend next year.

Now a meditation question--I just got the meditations focus and tenacity and I am finding it hard to find out when it is over. Also, seems tenacity doesn't really last that long, nor my focus one too. So my question is, how do I tell when they are over and oh I lied--second question is: does the duration of roars, berserks, meditations and forms increase with skill?

Oh and I lied again--are there any stats that help our abilities?

Thanks for answering, Kodius. Anyone wanna weigh in on the questions?

Shinarah
Re: Barbarian fest shops 11/12/2013 04:45 PM CST
To clarify a bit on the above question---I know when the meditation itself ends...the vision shuts. What I am asking about is how do I know the duration of the meditations affects on me?

Thanks in advance for advise on this.

Shinarah
Re: Barbarian fest shops 11/12/2013 08:46 PM CST
Meditate Power allows you to check what abilities are in effect, and what duration they have remaining. You also get a nifty IF bar.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
Re: Barbarian fest shops 11/13/2013 07:35 PM CST
<<Meditate Power allows you to check what abilities are in effect, *and what duration they have remaining.* You also get a nifty IF bar.>>

Ah Kodius, when I try meditate power, the below is what I get. No duration time on what in effect. But although I love the IF bar, I have never seen how long anything else is in effect.

med power
You begin to meditate upon the chakrel amulet, your inner fire swelling as you center your mind, body, and spirit.
Roundtime: 7 sec.
>
Symbolic representations of your inner fire manipulations begin to form.
>
The threads of control maintaining your focus, rage and calm are now clearly visible.
>
The Focus meditation is fresh in your mind.
>>>>>>>>>>>>
|

You feel a jolt as your vision snaps shut.
>
Re: Barbarian fest shops 11/14/2013 08:39 AM CST

the duration is the "fresh in your mind". That means the meditation is new, and will be up a while.
Re: Barbarian fest shops 11/14/2013 03:23 PM CST
<<the duration is the "fresh in your mind". That means the meditation is new, and will be up a while.>>

Thanks for explaining "fresh in your mind", but any idea of how many minutes is "a while"?

Shinarah
Re: Barbarian fest shops 11/14/2013 04:22 PM CST
>Thanks for explaining "fresh in your mind", but any idea of how many minutes is "a while"?

Not a clue, but I wager EPedia has something to say about it. Maybe 10m? Test yourself and find out!

>Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to somehow attune the chakrel to me?

A friend gave me a chakral and I didn't have to do anything, it just worked so long as it was on my body. It is possible yours is fluff and isn't actually a chakral?
Re: Barbarian fest shops 11/14/2013 04:41 PM CST
>> A friend gave me a chakral and I didn't have to do anything, it just worked so long as it was on my body. It is possible yours is fluff and isn't actually a chakral?

It's possible. It's on the Elanthipedia list of Chakrel. If that's the case, I'd love to hear it.
Re: Barbarian fest shops 11/14/2013 06:47 PM CST
The Barbarian ranges are intended to be roleplay-text, which reflects your Guild's emphasis on combat more than supernatural abilities. There will be a mastery that enables minute printouts for them with the 3.1 expansion.