Runestone meditation 07/23/2008 08:27 AM CDT
For those of you out there like that didn't know this (like me) I thought I'd share. It's possible to take an IF hit from meditating on a runestone.

>meditate rune assault
Taking one last glance at the thing you hold that some call a runestone, you toss it high overhead as you center your mind on your inner strength. With a high overhead strike your hammer smashes into the falling sraeth runestone, and with a small but satisfying explosion, the dust of the pulverized runestone drifts away into the air.
You sense a decrease in your level of inner fire.

Your mind hears Eladrin thinking, "i saw tikoro make out with a goblin once"

Your mind hears Tikoro thinking, "{faintly}" "Yeah, your mum is pretty ugly."
Re: Runestone meditation 07/23/2008 03:20 PM CDT
It's happened to me before, too, and utterly fail to see the logic in it. Smashing magic stuff = less IF?

I had a good idea for a signature... but I forgot what it was...
Re: Runestone meditation 07/23/2008 05:20 PM CDT
IIRC the IF hit is insignificant and doesn't happen all the time. The wounds you get from some of the meditations are more of a pain in the butt then the IF hit but still well worth it. Well at least for me, I get a kick out of all the messaging.
Re: Runestone meditation 07/23/2008 10:42 PM CDT
My favorite is the halberd ASSAULT messaging... I had stocked up a bunch to play with while hunting something that dropped them, and was sitting around with a couple people talking when I got bored and decided to get rid of them. I imagined him sending them in the general direction of Crossing since we were pretty close by.

You say, "Maybe I'll get lucky and hit a mage with one."

XXXXX says, "Careful, that's enough to kill a Moonie."

You laugh!

Re: Runestone meditation 07/24/2008 12:15 AM CDT
Runestones are only good if you walk in front of a bunch of mages just to put on a show.

A question to Aurdun (or anyone else)... is there still some kind of "counter" for how many runestones a Barb have smashed? If so, what for?

Is there a chance we could get a few cool titles out of this?

Vinjince

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."

- Sima Yi
Re: Runestone meditation 07/24/2008 12:39 AM CDT
This may be a little off topic, but it would be nice if larger edged weapons cut the runestones in half... the current messaging seems to show them being impaled, and they would have to be pretty huge to be impaled by a greatsword without breaking in half.

Re: Runestone meditation 07/24/2008 02:17 AM CDT
Actually, yes there is. It's pretty neat. I'll look into titles, but I owe Togs titles before that. Heh.

Destroying magic devices may play a role in things in the future, but I'm not sure. It'd be a fun little variable for certain things.

~GM Aurdun
Barbarians' Guild Advocate
Gor'Tog Co-Champion

"Don't use logic on scientists. That's just mean." ~ GM Zeyurn
Re: Runestone meditation 01/19/2013 01:12 PM CST
Runes line yur belly when yu eat dem, dis makes yu strong!

Runecrusher Smish