Ahlen and Sanchiren 01/03/2008 09:43 PM CST
This is something that's been bugging me off and on since titles originally came out (Yes, I know I'm late. My mind works in mysterious, and extremely inefficient ways.)

What do the titles Ahlen and Sanchiren mean? Are they something from one of the IC languages, or am I just not inputting them into Google properly?
Re: Ahlen and Sanchiren 01/03/2008 10:38 PM CST
This is going from memory from many many years ago, under the old title system, but I believe both of those words are Gamgweth.. If I remember right, Ahlen meant "balanced", or something to that degree. I think it was Veldehar that used to always wear the Ahlen title, and I believe that was what he said it meant the one time I asked him oh-so-many years ago. You'd have to find someone much more versed in the languages of DR, or put in the different languages in Google and see if anyone has websites dedicated to those languages. Probably doesnt help you much, sorry.

-Master Ndin
Re: Ahlen and Sanchiren 01/04/2008 06:47 AM CST
i had thought when they were originally added they were said to be in the eleven tongue, i believe one of them means warrior.

<<If nothing else, maybe some Magic Using guilds will now feel the joys of "You cannot steal here.", at least for a while.--Solomon>>
Re: Ahlen and Sanchiren 01/04/2008 06:49 AM CST
Yeah, it was late at night, but I definately remember Ahlen being Elven now that Im fully awake.

-Master Ndin
Re: Ahlen and Sanchiren 01/04/2008 06:58 AM CST
elven, not eleven. typo. after being awake all night. <i work 3rd shift.>

<<If nothing else, maybe some Magic Using guilds will now feel the joys of "You cannot steal here.", at least for a while.--Solomon>>