Warrior Poet 12/20/2006 11:18 PM CST
I would really like to see this title available to Barbarians as well as Bards. Maybe with some requirement rather than just circle, but Barbs can be poets just as well as poets can be warriors.

Greifenthal
Re: Warrior Poet 12/21/2006 01:16 PM CST
Another few titles for both Bards and Barbarians - Voice of War, Voice of Doom <-- thats the one I want.

mfberg
Re: Warrior Poet 12/21/2006 03:49 PM CST
I can see why bards would be Warrior Poets but I think it's stretching it to say that barbs have as much backstory or what not to share the title.

They're bards, stop trying to take their shinies and make some of your own.

I am --- Navak
Re: Warrior Poet 12/21/2006 08:21 PM CST
Well, I wouldn't want to take any thing away from the bards thats why I think there should be a requirement other than just circle sure as music lore or something. I just really like that title, and think it transcends just one guild:)

Greifenthal
Re: Warrior Poet 12/21/2006 08:26 PM CST
>Well, I wouldn't want to take any thing away from the bards thats why I think there should be a requirement other than just circle sure as music lore or something. I just really like that title, and think it transcends just one guild:)

If any barb has more than a handful of ranks in Music Lore, I would be stunned.

Lightly stunned, but that's enough to take me down.

-Durnil
Re: Warrior Poet 12/21/2006 08:35 PM CST
>>If any barb has more than a handful of ranks in Music Lore, I would be stunned.

::grins:: Prepare to be stunned then: One of the first things my little skra barb acquired was a set of zills.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Warrior Poet 12/21/2006 08:52 PM CST
There is one slight problem and here it is. When the Warrior Mages received one of the new lists there were several barbarian titles included that had adjusted reqs and were slightly altered. Taking of this title changing the reqs or not is no different and I agree with the barbarians that argued against those titles that guild titles should not be stolen by other guilds.

---Thya Tella
Re: Warrior Poet 12/21/2006 09:07 PM CST
>::grins:: Prepare to be stunned then: One of the first things my little skra barb acquired was a set of zills.

Yeah, but... Music Lore is bard-only, is it not? Or is it called Theory now? I don't even know.

-Durnil
Re: Warrior Poet 12/21/2006 09:12 PM CST
I see what you're saying, but that is between the Barbs and the WM's, for God's sake. Not quite the same thing. Honestly, I think the Bards would be honored as much as Barbs would be right??

Greifenthal
Re: Warrior Poet 12/21/2006 09:23 PM CST
>There is one slight problem and here it is. When the Warrior Mages received one of the new lists there were several barbarian titles included that had adjusted reqs and were slightly altered. Taking of this title changing the reqs or not is no different and I agree with the barbarians that argued against those titles that guild titles should not be stolen by other guilds.

What they did was take Barbarian titles and add the word "Arcane" in front of them and added some magic reqs. I dont care one way or another how someone roleplays their title, but I think the best way to go about it is get a custom title similar to Warrior Poet, if possible. I think "War on Poets" would be a fabulous title.

Remember to always smile and be polite; never losing anger or focus on the task at hand. Never let slip an unkind word until your dagger is planted firmly in their heart.
Re: Warrior Poet 12/21/2006 10:04 PM CST
>>What they did was take Barbarian titles and add the word "Arcane" in front of them and added some magic reqs.<<

Correct and as I see it the request is worse then what was done. This is a request for a blatant rip from the Bard guild and while I have no problem with joint projects that involve Bards and Barbarians. There needs to be reasons to play a Bard and until there is something that belongs to Bards and only Bards that other guilds desire not even titles should be shared with other guilds.
Re: Warrior Poet 12/21/2006 11:51 PM CST
Skill-based titles are open to everyone. He is asking for Warrior Poet to be a SBT instead of a guild based title.

A lot of Barbarian titles were open to everyone via being placed as SBT. Whether you think that is a good thing or not, is of course your opinion. Just realize what the person's intent is and his intent seems to be as a request for it to be a SBT. If you read the original poster's request, he seems to not want to take anything away from the Bard guild.

All the writing about comparisons between Warrior Mages, Candy Mages or whatever Mages won't help you in this thread because that does not seem to be his reasoning.

- Simon

http://www.cafepress.com/buy/geek+gaming/-/pv_design_details/pg_14/id_14016668/opt_/fpt_/c_360/

"Do you have a World of Warcraft account?"
"No, I have a life!" (SP, episode 8, season 10)
Re: Warrior Poet 12/22/2006 12:45 AM CST
Yes, I'm one of "those" barbarians that like to relax and play instruments after a day's a-killing of vipers and swamp trolls.

Percussions: competent dilettante
Strings: beginning dilettante
Winds: beginning dilettante
Vocals: beginning practitioner

Hoping to get a set of bagpipes one day and wear the Bagpiper title!

Regards,

Kalkomar Axebiter
Staan Grimis
Re: Warrior Poet 12/22/2006 11:04 AM CST
It's not the character I usually play, but -
>exp music
Musical Theory: 72 93.99% clear

My barbarian who wears the title vocalist aficionado as a warning,
Percussions: xxxxxxxx practitioner
Strings: xxxxxxxx practitioner
Winds: xxxxxxxx practitioner
Vocals: xxxxxxxx aficionado

mfberg
Re: Warrior Poet 12/22/2006 11:48 AM CST
I see it fitting the bard guild because they focus on music and other lores while also meeting plenty of combat requirements.

The reverse is not true for barbarians which is why I don't see it as something that the barbarian guild should get.

I am --- Navak
Re: Warrior Poet 12/22/2006 09:01 PM CST
>>I would really like to see this title available to Barbarians as well as Bards. Maybe with some requirement rather than just circle, but Barbs can be poets just as well as poets can be warriors.<<

To avoid any confusion that is what he said. He wants it to be a shared title by both Barbarians and Bards with different reqs for each guild, not a general skill based title. Because of this the incident with Barbarians and Warrior Mages is a valid example whether you like it or not. If you want music titles think up some new ones and don't try to steal what is already out there.

---Thya Telle
Re: Warrior Poet 12/23/2006 08:32 PM CST
How about Poetic Destroyer, or Musical Monster, or Artistic Aggressor?

~The one who is obsessed with power.
__
http://drleilond.tripod.com - The Story
http://drfallenbard.tripod.com - Art, Inspiration, and the Fallen
drleilond.tripod.com/Guild_Requirements.xls - Personal Bard Guild Req Sheet
Re: Warrior Poet 12/24/2006 12:25 AM CST
>>How about Poetic Destroyer, or Musical Monster, or Artistic Aggressor?

Meh.

Don't get me wrong, my Barb carries three instruments around and sings. But Barbarians shouldn't have musical titles. Their circle reqs have little to nill in the way of Lore. That's like Moon Mages having weapon titles. Then again, I don't suppose there is anything intrinsically wrong with it. I just don't think the guild would ever reflect musical titles.

'A kinder, gentler Barb guild.'

It is easy to be brave from a safe distance.
-Aesop
Re: Warrior Poet 12/24/2006 12:40 PM CST
I don't think it's so outragous for barbs to have a title or two that requires skill in music. Barbs are one of the few guilds that can see any benifit from training vocals(once upon a time somebody said we could get a slight boost to voice recovery with vocal skill). I think ours should be different from existing bard titles though.

Norm
Re: Warrior Poet 12/24/2006 04:34 PM CST
See, I could see Maulem with titles like Beer Singer or Off Key.

---
I got Dragon Realms added to ChaCha.com as a keyword so I can guide for it. Yay me.
Re: Warrior Poet 12/27/2006 01:01 PM CST
>>Yeah, but... Music Lore is bard-only, is it not? Or is it called Theory now? I don't even know.

Well, there is that. Only bards can learn (and use) music theory. But the little skra has acquired a few ranks of percussion. I kind of figure that would be in-character for a wee lass from Muspar'i- where music would be very important indeed.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy