Prev_page Previous 1
title 07/22/2006 05:19 PM CDT
for those that have the roar Slash the Shadows - Shadow Breaker

Little known facts #253: Its not the heat, its the humidity that really gets to you in Hell.
#273 The Lake of Fire is a nice place for water skiing.
Re: title 07/22/2006 05:32 PM CDT
I want "Death of Magic"

Caraamon Majerye,
Gor'Tog Barbarian Extrordi...Well somewhat average
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: title 07/23/2006 12:03 AM CDT
>>I want "Death of Magic"

I think I might prefer "Death From Above" instead. Less chance for detractors to smear me for focusing on magic too much, plus there's the whole irony of it all.

J'Lo, no that other one
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: title 07/23/2006 01:23 AM CDT
<<for those that have the roar Slash the Shadows - Shadow Breaker>>

Already a Barbarian title.

Shadowbreaker

- Simon

http://www.phiiskeep.homestead.com/Frontpage.html

http://dr.bookofheroes.com/index.php
Re: title 07/23/2006 03:48 PM CDT
Well, thats probably where I got the idea...

This is my Weapon
This is my Sword.
This one is for frolicking,
And this one's for War!
Re: A(n) post titles... 02/20/2007 05:19 AM CST
Okay, so I have smomething I don't like about post titles. Here's how it stands now:

Equalizer Zerax Ulnor, Deathwind of Elanthia

Great, that works fine, but take off the affiliation title, and you have:

Equalizer Zerax Ulnor, Deathwind

Something that I think would be cool/good/expansive is this:

Equalizer Zerax Ulnor, a Deathwind

or:

Deathwind Zerax Ulnor, an Equalizer

Notice the difference. I mean the "a" and "an" not the titles switching places. Is there a reason why this isn't/can't be done? I think it would be really cool to have, but I don't know how well it would work. Maybe make it an option that you can turn on and off that only works with some titles, because I know that there are a few that something like this just wouldn't make sense.

If it's been stated that there's a reason why this can't be done, or that it won't be done, just let me know.

< You clamp your teeth on an arbelog's abdomen gnashing it with painful bites that cuts deeply into its groin.
An arbelog is moderately stunned!
An arbelog hisses out a whispered curse as it stumbles, falls, then dies.
[You're very badly balanced]
More "Strategist" type titles for Barbarians. 05/21/2008 08:20 PM CDT
Okay, so I wasn't sure where else to put this.

Why aren't titles like Strategist, Tactician, and General and so forth, shared between Barbarians and Paladins (They are Paladin titles)

More than being just "Rawr me kill" types, I envision Barbarians (particularly high-circled ones) as being in many cases, so understanding of the mechanics of fighting a battle, how to catch an enemy off guard, and how to fight alongside others, that they're eminently capable of being military commanders and strategists. Prime examples - men like Tsao Tsao (Cao Cao) and Tsun Tzu.

Yes, Barbarians have some titles that are like this, but none that emphasize the strategic aspect of battle planning.

The red-bellied turtle hisses, "slander and hunt me if ye will but good prevails in the end your evil ways shall not be tolerated in these realms for long and ye heart is faint compared to the righteousness that dwells within mine" - Argotheo's turtle
Re: More "Strategist" type titles for Barbarians. 05/21/2008 08:29 PM CDT
Tactician is a WEAPON title. We do have some more tactical titles... they include:

Besieger, Battle Planner, Battle Artist, Siege Artist, Battle Lord

I believe they are all scholarship and multi opponent titles. I know Battle Lord comes at 200 scholarship and 400 multi.

- Galren

>>The Rippentropps are a mysterious collective of well-known individuals whose primary charge is to initiate the advancing task of not stopping.
Re: More "Strategist" type titles for Barbarians. 05/21/2008 08:37 PM CDT
Knowing how to fight with others or in groups is more of the Paladin's forte, as seen in LEAD and such.

I've always seen Barbarians as the masters of personal combat, meaning they know how to kill entire armies relying on nothing but their own strength and any weapon they can find.

Knowledge of battle is definitely part of the guild (battle cries, some titles) but I wouldn't say it is our focus.
Doctor: Are you Alliance?
Early: Am I lion? Huh. I don't think of myself as a lion. But you might as well have a mighty roar!
Re: More "Strategist" type titles for Barbarians. 05/21/2008 09:02 PM CDT
>I've always seen Barbarians as the masters of personal combat, meaning they know how to kill entire armies relying on nothing but their own strength and any weapon they can find.

To a large degree, I agree with this. I can see Barbarians on both sides of the spectrum but I think the best job I've seen as what I consider a middle ground for a "Barbarian" in DR is Richard Ridings' portrayal of La Hire in the movie The Messenger. Not exactly someone you want to have leading the troops, but of all troops on the battlefield, he's the one you want on your side.

~Aurdun
Barbarian Guild Advocate
Gor'Tog Co-Champion

"Don't use logic on scientists. That's just mean." ~ GM Zeyurn
Re: More "Strategist" type titles for Barbarians. 05/22/2008 06:35 AM CDT
yeah, i see barbarians similar to those in "300" while i see paladins more of the "richard the lion-hearted" type.

<<Because it's a gigantic can of worms. Eldritch, necrotic, squamous worms, writhing in a vile stew of coagulating ichor, crushed from the living gullets of a thousand infant puppies, ululating in wordless terror. - Lorz>>
Re: More "Strategist" type titles for Barbarians. 05/22/2008 07:02 AM CDT
>>yeah, i see barbarians similar to those in "300" while i see paladins more of the "richard the lion-hearted" type.

The savage imagery of the 300 movie meshes well with Barbarians but their strength comes heavily from their reliance on one another, so I could see them as Paladins too. I honestly think they would most closely resemble vanilla Warriors from Gemstone.

I think my best example of a Barbarian would be Guts from the Berserk anime. He's a one-man walking army, capable of beating back entire enemy units by himself. In the earlier episodes he's an artifice of pure rage (berserks) and in the later episodes he's a superbly confident and calculating weapons master (dances).
Doctor: Are you Alliance?
Early: Am I lion? Huh. I don't think of myself as a lion. But you might as well have a mighty roar!
Re: More "Strategist" type titles for Barbarians. 05/24/2008 11:19 AM CDT
That anime was pretty sweet, i dont watch alot of them, but yeah.

We do get some chief themed titles, and as mentioned battle planner and so on. I envision barbarians as just that, barbarians. They are not artists in what they do, they can lead, but, by example. They are often times ruthless, and lack fear.
I try not to think of them in terms of generals and commanders, but in terms of chieftens.

Re: More "Strategist" type titles for Barbarians. 05/26/2008 08:58 AM CDT
>>Guts from the Berserk anime.

That anime was so good... until disc 6 (somewhere around ep. 20) where they lost all continuity, stopped caring, and ended the anime a few episodes later.

If you watch the end of disc 5, everyone is ready to charge the castle in broad daylight to rescue Richard. Then, when disc 6 starts, suddenly guts and a few of his men are sneaking through a graveyard....
title question 11/28/2008 06:01 PM CST
I want the Wartorn title eventually
Wartorn
At least 400 in Multi-Opponent
At least 300 deaths

the 300 deaths does it have to be listed in the deaths spot on exp like:
Time Development Points: 55 Favors: 7 Deaths: 18
or does it count all the times you've died even if you had been ressed?

Re: title question 11/29/2008 01:26 AM CST
Currently, it how many departs you have. Which is what the death counter is actually keeping track of. In the future it may change because according to a recent survey, the majority of people want counters for deaths and departs.

-Gavyn
Deaths: 412
title question 12/06/2008 02:29 PM CST
Do we have the simple title "Barbarian"? I can't find it listed anywhere....
Re: title question 12/06/2008 05:12 PM CST
ya im seeing some check http://phiiskeep.homestead.com/Titles.html

Re: title question 12/06/2008 07:01 PM CST
The following titles of the Barbarian category are available to you:

Initiate Barbarian, Apprentice Barbarian, Journeyman Barbarian, Barbarian, Expert Barbarian, a bunch more titles.

Brabs
Re: title question 12/08/2008 06:40 AM CST
30th circle.
More brawling type titles please 04/08/2009 08:09 PM CDT
I need something to look forward to!

Ideas, mostly all stolen from a friend:
Blood Fighter
Forsaken Fist
Backhander
Black Fist
Black Foot
Havoc Herald
Rock Breaker
Unarmed Warrior
Fearless Fighter

===
There are those that invest large amounts of time into bragging about what they do. Then there are those that use that time to do more.
Re: More brawling type titles please 04/08/2009 08:12 PM CDT
Nice list.

Forsaken Fist for Barbarians with a certain amount of brawling and at least 1 rank of magic?

;)

- Simon
Re: More brawling type titles please 04/08/2009 09:08 PM CDT
I'm all for more brawling titles, but...

Thrown titles above 100 ranks. (besides weapon master titles).

More than one sling title. (besides weapon master titles).

Something for poles between 100 ranks and 450 ranks. (etc.)

ANYTHING for staves? (etc.)

ANYTHING for Offhand?

I'd like these first.

-Joshua, player of Malkien
Re: More brawling type titles please 04/08/2009 09:14 PM CDT
<<More than one sling title.>>

I propose the "Useless" title.

<<ANYTHING for Offhand?>>

I'd like to make the first two suggestions...

You are Left Handed Vashir, Two Handed Fighter of Elanthia, a Prydaen Barbarian.

You say, "I use both hands."

You strike a heroic pose!

In all seriousness, though, more titles is always nice.

Maulem exclaims, "Stop shootin da wimmins!"

Gene Police! You, outta the pool!
Re: More brawling type titles please 04/09/2009 12:11 PM CDT
>><<More than one sling title.>>

I propose the "Useless" title.

<<ANYTHING for Offhand?>>

I'd like to make the first two suggestions...

You are Left Handed Vashir, Two Handed Fighter of Elanthia, a Prydaen Barbarian.

You say, "I use both hands."<<

I like them all.

Vote DR as TOP MUD: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-cemm.html
Re: More brawling type titles please 04/09/2009 04:05 PM CDT
You really do have to wonder why slings got their own category with only one title.
Re: More brawling type titles please 04/09/2009 04:45 PM CDT
Also, weaponmaster titles for 51 in all skills and 101 in all skills, pls.

~Mammoth Rider Maulem Akavame, Death Dealer in training
Re: More brawling type titles please 04/09/2009 04:59 PM CDT
>>You really do have to wonder why slings got their own category with only one title.

It is very puzzling, the way the weapon titles are set up.

>>Also, weaponmaster titles for 51 in all skills and 101 in all skills, pls.

Yeah, this would be nice. I'm not going to worry about Death Dealer till I at least have Dragon Dance, but it would be really neat if there were stepping stones on the way to Death Dealer. I'd only be a few ranks of staff sling shy of the first one, would get that right away.

-Joshua, player of Malkien
Re: More brawling type titles please 04/09/2009 05:37 PM CDT
>Also, weaponmaster titles for 51 in all skills and 101 in all skills, pls.

That would be nice. Even 51 ranks in every weapon takes considerable effort.
Re: More brawling type titles please 04/09/2009 07:05 PM CDT
could do a few like mantis fist and tiger claw for prydeans

Re: More brawling type titles please 04/11/2009 09:08 AM CDT
>> tiger claw for prydeans

Please no horrible cat titles.

It is bad enough with the stigma the race carries, since for some reason all the weirdos seem to play Prydaen. We don't need cat titles to tack on top of it.
More Barbarian Weapon titles 08/14/2009 05:46 PM CDT
I'd really like to see some more titles based on Ranged, Blunt, Edged, and Misc weapons specifically for Barbarians. It seems like Barbs should have more incentive to diversify their weapon specialties.
Re: More Barbarian Weapon titles 08/14/2009 06:59 PM CDT
>>I'd really like to see some more titles based on Ranged, Blunt, Edged, and Misc weapons specifically for Barbarians. It seems like Barbs should have more incentive to diversify their weapon specialties.

totally agree

Vote DR as TOP MUD: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-cemm.html
Re: More Barbarian Weapon titles 08/14/2009 09:05 PM CDT
>>I'd really like to see some more titles based on Ranged, Blunt, Edged, and Misc weapons

I think we really need more slings titles. It has its own category for one title? Really?
Re: More Barbarian Weapon titles 08/14/2009 09:10 PM CDT
Time Waster
Pursuer of the Hopeless
Plinker
Sling Sniper
Spitballer
Ineffective
, who can't kill a goblin
etc

Dartenian says, "The thing that makes Dragon Dance king is that it pretty much bonuses every single that can possibly be buffed for combat. Including at least two things that don't even exist."
Re: More Barbarian Weapon titles 08/14/2009 09:17 PM CDT
>Sling Sniper

Silent Slinger

Also:

Flinger
Idealist
Fearless
Rock Launcher
Coral Chucker
Little lobber (small races only)
Stoner
Re: More Barbarian Weapon titles 08/14/2009 09:35 PM CDT
Fool - 1000 ranks in sling or staff sling
Hopeless - 1000 ranks in both

There should be cloth/bone armor titles too...

Masochist
Pain Seeker
Death Seeker
Corpse
The body of

[21:34] Your mind hears Mujaki thinking, "You are never too young for liquor."
[21:34] Your mind hears Kalnean thinking, "You don't have any kids, do you."
[21:35] Your mind hears Mujaki thinking, "I hope not."
Re: More Barbarian Weapon titles 08/15/2009 07:24 PM CDT
Not until we get more brawling titles!

===
Les laughs and says, "Now go! Kill!"
Re: More Barbarian Weapon titles 08/15/2009 09:57 PM CDT
FYI, probably should take weapon specific title ideas to the appropriate weapon specific folders.

As for barb title ideas, I'd rather have more for weaponmaster series.

~Mammoth Rider Maulem Akavame, Death Dealer of Therengia

Caraamon loudly asks, "Ya still got tasks fer us ta do, Les?"
>
The Barbarian Guildleader Les says, "Kill. Don't care what. Make dead."
Re: More Barbarian Weapon titles 08/16/2009 12:48 AM CDT
>>As for barb title ideas, I'd rather have more for weaponmaster series.

Have to disagree there. Not with having more general weapon/weaponmaster titles. Just that I think Barbs should have more incentive to train multiple weapons than your average Elanthian, and Titles are a nice balance-neutral easy way to provide that incentive.
Prev_page Previous 1