Slayers 07/18/2005 09:08 AM CDT
I know a while ago, a few people mentioned the idea of Troll Slayer or Adan'f Butcherer type titles. In the past it was perhaps rejected or at least put lower on the priority list because of the need for counters for each kill etc. I'm wondering if these titles could be based on skills instead. If you are well passed the hard cap for critter and past the multi opponent hard cap too, then you could have the 'slayer' title for that creature.
It would also give more titles for people that have good multi opponent ranks too. Not sure if it should be barbarian only or not, but it sounds quite barbaric.
It'd probably only need rolling out for certain creatures too. At least initially.

Vhad - player of

Re: Slayers 07/18/2005 10:13 AM CDT
Last I heard about killed critter titles is that its something they want to do, but that was some time ago. Who knows they might be added in titles v9.0

censor
1. to personalize or adjust something exceedingly true.
-Devil's Dictionary X
http://www.sedition.com/ddx/new.html
Re: Slayers 07/18/2005 10:36 AM CDT
I have an idea in this regard, although it wouldn't be restricted to barbarians.... although Barbarians <and rangers> would likely hit the titles first.

It would only work for critters that were skinnable though. You would have to deliver x amount of skins, pelts, hides, whathaveyou to a certain NPC. He or she would then deem you eligible for the Killer or Slayer of XXX critter.

There would have to be some way of insuring that you earned it yourself though - not like the WM Gauthus Aehter Pathway quest where someone else can skin the thing and that's still acceptable.

I have no idea on the codeablity of such a thing, but I think it would be cool.

"Word on the street is, ya been lookin' out for the best interests of the Guild."
Re: Slayers 07/18/2005 10:42 AM CDT
perhaps if you were given a special skinning knife or something that you couldnt give to someone else, drop, stow or sheathe, the knife itself could track the number of times you skinned that particular critter? <you COULD swap it so you could kill something with your main weapon if it weren't a ranged or 2handed weapon, and then put your main weapon away to skin the thing.

"Word on the street is, ya been lookin' out for the best interests of the Guild."
Re: Slayers 07/18/2005 11:44 AM CDT
Actually they did say at one time they would track the number of critter kills specifically for titles.

censor
1. to personalize or adjust something exceedingly true.
-Devil's Dictionary X
http://www.sedition.com/ddx/new.html
Re: Slayers 07/18/2005 03:05 PM CDT
They also suggested they'd track the number of critter kills for "karma" if that system's still around and on the drawing board...

Karma had to do with, like... Creatures coming after you especially fiercely if you've killed thousands of their kind before. If I remember correctly.

Marksman Ahmir Nam'al