1 2 4 Next Next_page
Re: Capping Dances 12/09/2009 02:08 PM CST
Thanks Rmel. So, is there going to be any reason for us to have high charisma in the future? Or any reason that I shouldn't let it fall behind?
Re: Capping Dances 12/09/2009 02:10 PM CST
I assume it'll still impact roars, and from what I understand it's still going to play a similar role in new BMR.

Also, don't take anything I say as gospel, because there's a pretty good chance that everything is going to change or be implemented differently that what was discussed earlier. I'm just recapping what the most recent trends were in the rewrite discussions.
Re: Capping Dances 12/09/2009 02:13 PM CST
I think, if they want Charisma to still be an important stat, I could see it being an important factor in BMR and in IF in general.

I won't mind if it's going to be important, seeing as I'm an Elf. I'd just like to know ahead of time so I can plan accordingly.
Re: Capping Dances 12/09/2009 02:41 PM CST
The boosts given by dances are percent-bonuses of your base skill level, which is why they are rather lukewarm for young Barbarians.

Duration is determined by concentration and IF somehow.
Re: Capping Dances 12/09/2009 02:52 PM CST
>The boosts given by dances are percent-bonuses of your base skill level...

What does "base skill level" mean?
Re: Capping Dances 12/09/2009 02:58 PM CST
Your base ranks, before penalties or bonuses from items, skills, predictions, etc.

Panther gives a (theoretical, for example) 20% bonus to hiding and Hiding is 200, bonus is 40 ranks. If Hiding is 20, bonus is 4. Whoo! 4 ranks.
Re: Capping Dances 12/09/2009 03:00 PM CST
base skill level...ok

completely random numbers here.

Youngbarb grak has 50 evasion and dances to get evasion boost of 10% making evasion 55% with 50 being base line skill

oldbarb Caraamon has evasion 500 and dances same dance for same boost % to 550 hence making it a larger buff

C
Re: Capping Dances 12/09/2009 03:03 PM CST
>Panther gives a (theoretical, for example) 20% bonus to hiding and Hiding is 200, bonus is 40 ranks. If Hiding is 20, bonus is 4. Whoo! 4 ranks.

If I had to assign a % value to the bonus that Panther gives it would be around 10%.

Just sayin'

Always feels like a small bonus to stealth relative to how hard the dance is. My point of view may change in the future, but that's my take on Panther with my 6 month old Barbarian.

Formerly Known As Nitish

>Alisyn edges away from you.
Re: Capping Dances 12/09/2009 03:05 PM CST
>>If I had to assign a % value to the bonus that Panther gives it would be around 10%.

Numbers were fabricated to protect the innocent.
Re: Capping Dances 12/09/2009 04:00 PM CST
>The roar contests are absurd - based off number of people in your group, base height of your race, etc. Intimidation is a broken system. The voice system is pretty nonsensical.

I understand this. When I mentioned targetted roars it should be understood that in order to make them work roars would have to be fixed.

>Inner Fire is broken as well. The pool itself is not big enough to support a number of our current abilities.

I agree.

>>Dances and Berserks are based off that broken system. As is Barbarian Magic Resistance (BMR), which is on a scale that does not really work except for in the very middle of the spectrum. Dances and Berserks also influence BMR. Dragon Dance actually boosts aspects that don't even exist in the game. Certain Berserks have a % chance of killing you, period. So, what we have is a broken system (Inner Fire) which serves as the base for 3 other systems that have their flaws as well (Dances, Berserks, BMR), which are all interwoven into one glorious mess.

Yes, I know. What I don't understand is why it could not be adjusted into working correctly instead of scrapping the entire system for something new. That is what I was talking about. I forgot to mention BMR, and I do think that could be fixed without rewriting the whole thing.
Re: Capping Dances 12/09/2009 05:36 PM CST
But why male models?
Re: Capping Dances 12/09/2009 05:56 PM CST
But why alterations..then?
Re: Capping Dances 12/09/2009 06:00 PM CST
The way things work at this time is very inflexible and (in the opinion of myself and others) not the best game design. I don't mind how the changes are done - complete rewrite or tweaks to existing code - as long as the end result is more user-friendly than what we have now.

I find it odd that you can be surrounded by both a mantle of flame and blades of ice.

Shush, it's magic.. suspend your disbelief
Re: Capping Dances 12/10/2009 04:28 AM CST
I just hope roaring teaches vocal skills. It should teach SOMETHING!

______
Kertig Heart Magdar Bluefletch, Legendary Barbarian of M'Riss
Re: Capping Dances 12/10/2009 06:45 AM CST
Sorry for the double post! Panther boost my agility and reflexes about 18 points. Bear does the same for strenght and stam. Dragon boost all about 8. For me that is. % bases as said above, so it might be more now. I have not checked in a while.

______
Kertig Heart Magdar Bluefletch, Legendary Barbarian of M'Riss
Re: Capping Dances 12/10/2009 04:24 PM CST
>I just hope roaring teaches vocal skills. It should teach SOMETHING!

Agreed. And when it uses vocals to determine success, you can lobby for seriously lethal roars.
Re: Capping Dances 12/10/2009 04:26 PM CST
Hi Coper.

-Evran

Crackling with unspent rage since 386A.V.
Re: Capping Dances 12/10/2009 06:12 PM CST
>Agreed. And when it uses vocals to determine success, you can lobby for seriously lethal roars.

Eh, not a fan.
Re: Capping Dances 12/10/2009 06:40 PM CST
>Hi Coper.

If you are referring to me maybe you should open your eyes and read the part where I said I enjoy most of the guild's abilities that I have.
Re: Capping Dances 12/10/2009 06:42 PM CST
Is your name Coper?

-Evran

Re: Capping Dances 12/10/2009 06:42 PM CST
>>If you are referring to me maybe you should open your eyes and read the part where I said I enjoy most of the guild's abilities that I have.

I'm pretty sure he was saying hi to Copernicus aka JMF90.
Re: Capping Dances 12/10/2009 06:45 PM CST
Oh haha Coper ok.. didn't know that. Apologies.
Re: Capping Dances 12/10/2009 10:07 PM CST
He's accusing me of trolling because he's sensitive about screams. But the barbarian guild originally had lethal roars, and I see no conceptual reason why they couldn't return after the rewrite.
Re: Capping Dances 12/10/2009 10:34 PM CST
<<He's accusing me of trolling because he's sensitive about screams.

Not trolling. Just being a broken record.

-Evran

Re: Capping Dances 12/10/2009 10:38 PM CST
And trying to claim you weren't making a jab at screams is laughable. Its what you do.

-Evran

Re: Capping Dances 12/10/2009 10:39 PM CST
Naw, he might have skipped a few times, but you gotta complain for at least a decade solid about NMUs and magic to really be a broken record around here.

That said - I think he was actually being fairly serious about the suggestion.

We all know the musical skills desperately need SOME point to exist for non bards.

SEND[Abasha] It warms my heart to see three people die for a cupcake.
Re: Capping Dances 12/10/2009 10:47 PM CST
Knock it off or take the snarking to conflicts.

As a reminder, Guild Versus Guild doesn't belong here or anywhere else on these boards.

Svafa
___
Any questions or comments, please contact me at Mod-Svafa@play.net or Message Board Supervisor Annwyl at DR-Annwyl@play.net.
1 2 4 Next Next_page