Rune Crushing 05/15/2009 03:12 PM CDT
I was reading earlier posts about rune crushing and possible benefits or awards. I can see titles being awarded for destruction. How about something a little niftier though? Couldn't enough destruction of magic do something like help build an aura of anti magic? Maybe a boost either temporary or not to magic resistance? Or perhaps another explanation could be the barbarians get a morale boost for destroying so much magic? Perhaps this could do the same thing except it is not an aura of anti magic but a mind over magic thing. Or what if you could save the dust from the runestones and create some sort of anti magic war paint? It could take a decent amount of time to put on and perhaps completely negate a single spell? This way you couldn't just keep painting yourself if you are fighting an enemy that is tossing out spells left and right. Maybe it will just give you a second chance instead of instant death vs dragon breath or that necro acid stuff?

Anyways I am not a barbarian but I thought those might be reasonable ideas.

P.S. If GMs can keep count of runestones crushed can they keep count of how many people you taught slips?

Mujaki Paladin of the people
Re: Rune Crushing 05/15/2009 03:53 PM CDT
>If GMs can keep count of runestones crushed can they keep count of how many people you taught slips?

I doubt it's recorded, but I'm not sure. Rune crushing was specifically coded to have a storage for the numbers (which makes it easy to count).

~GM Aurdun
Barbarians' Guild Advocate
Gor'Tog Co-Champion
History Guru

"Don't use logic on scientists. That's just mean." ~ GM Zeyurn
Re: Rune Crushing 05/15/2009 07:32 PM CDT
<<P.S. If GMs can keep count of runestones crushed can they keep count of how many people you taught slips?

Who cares about slips, not us Barbarians!
Re: Rune Crushing 05/15/2009 08:14 PM CDT
On the topic of rune crushing - I really shouldn't be getting hurt through heavy plate gauntlets.

The pulzone lands a powerful strike that pokes the steel-tipped pulzone into the gryphon's rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).
The steel-tipped pulzone lodges itself shallowly into the forest gryphon!
Re: Rune Crushing 05/15/2009 08:49 PM CDT
>On the topic of rune crushing - I really shouldn't be getting hurt through heavy plate gauntlets.

Maybe you're allergic to runestone dust?

Magic's Death Caraamon Makdasi,
Gor'Tog Barbarian Extrordi...Well somewhat average
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Rune Crushing 05/15/2009 08:54 PM CDT
Can't be that, I eat them without any pain most of the time.

The pulzone lands a powerful strike that pokes the steel-tipped pulzone into the gryphon's rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).
Re: Rune Crushing 05/15/2009 08:57 PM CDT
>>On the topic of rune crushing - I really shouldn't be getting hurt through heavy plate gauntlets.

Should get greater damage for wearing plate, just like magic uses shouldn't be able to cast magic wearing plate cause of the interference!
Re: Rune Crushing 05/15/2009 09:14 PM CDT
I think you're getting DR confused with other games.

But yeah, no/lower chance of damage through armor would be nice. EAT would of course be unaffected.

Re: Rune Crushing 05/16/2009 08:10 AM CDT
Speaking of...
434 and counting on runes. I seem to be lagging a bit.

~Mammoth Rider Maulem Akavame, Death Dealer in training

Fight me!
http://maulem.mybrute.com