Magic-resisting Items 07/03/2008 08:13 AM CDT
So I recently had my slave Empath in the Barb guild healing me. When I went to cast some healing spells I got the message:

Something in the area interferes with your spell preparations.

It got me thinking... How cool would it be to have some items that make spell-casting unpredictable or faulty? I mean honestly, there are roar cloaks out there that make it harder to roar a person, why can't we have the same thing for spells? Sure, they would be pretty rare and expensive, but if they increased MR, it would be well worth it IMO. Thoughts?

Your mind hears Eladrin thinking, "i saw tikoro make out with a goblin once"

Your mind hears Tikoro thinking, "{faintly}" "Yeah, your mum is pretty ugly."
Re: Magic-resisting Items 07/03/2008 08:28 AM CDT
Awesome idea. Items that disrupt mana flow or spell patterns. Plleeeeassssee tell me this is something that could be looked into? :D

- Galren

>>The Rippentropps are a mysterious collective of well-known individuals whose primary charge is to initiate the advancing task of not stopping.
Re: Magic-resisting Items 07/03/2008 09:05 AM CDT
If it can't be looked into, I'm stealing a brick from the Barb guild and putting it on a necklace to wear around. Hope Agonar or Mo don't mind, heh.

Your mind hears Eladrin thinking, "i saw tikoro make out with a goblin once"

Your mind hears Tikoro thinking, "{faintly}" "Yeah, your mum is pretty ugly."
Re: Magic-resisting Items 07/03/2008 09:20 AM CDT
I can see chakrel doing something like this- even the chakrel that is too crude to use for meditations.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Magic-resisting Items 07/03/2008 12:49 PM CDT
>>Plleeeeassssee tell me this is something that could be looked into?

At least one magic-resistant metal exists in the setting already, though there's no mechanical support for it yet.

-Armifer
"It is no longer possible to escape men. Farewell to the monsters, farewell to the saints. Farewell to pride. All that is left is men."
- Jean-Paul Sartre
Re: Magic-resisting Items 07/03/2008 01:14 PM CDT
Please fix BMR before releasing BMR boosting items.
Re: Magic-resisting Items 07/03/2008 01:57 PM CDT
>>Please fix BMR before releasing BMR boosting items.

That's a safe bet.

-Armifer
"It is no longer possible to escape men. Farewell to the monsters, farewell to the saints. Farewell to pride. All that is left is men."
- Jean-Paul Sartre
Re: Magic-resisting Items 07/03/2008 02:17 PM CDT
>That's a safe bet.

Very safe.

~GM Aurdun
Barbarian Guild Advocate
Gor'Tog Co-Champion

"Don't use logic on scientists. That's just mean." ~ GM Zeyurn
Re: Magic-resisting Items 07/04/2008 01:10 PM CDT
I bet the Barb guild is like a Faraday cage, so you'd have to totally surround a mage with those bricks to stop us from casting.

The Prydaen word for Woman is Yif.
That explains a lot.

Lots more stuff coming 'Soon'!

http://www.zairius.com

Supreme Bunny Overlord Zairius