Question for you barbarians 05/16/2007 06:03 PM CDT
We've got an interesting discussion going on in the warmage folder about enchanted weapons and barbarian MU. Wanted to see what your thoughts were in regards to barbarians being allowed to use enchanted blades.

The current arguments include:

~ Magic bad for barbs.

~ No big deal. Similar characteristics to things barbs can already use.

~ Possible comprimises (IF hits, faster deterioration, etc)

What says you?
Re: Question for you barbarians 05/16/2007 06:27 PM CDT
You mean in the "we are warriors" ...no no "we are masters of familiars"..no no... "we are masters of magic"..no no.. "we are spell casters"no no "master of elemental" no no.. "we get everything" guild?
Re: Question for you barbarians 05/16/2007 06:51 PM CDT
Is there an award for fastest transformation from constructive to GvG?

-Durnil
Re: Question for you barbarians 05/16/2007 07:07 PM CDT
Wow.. someone just peed in my post toasties..

=?(
Re: Question for you barbarians 05/16/2007 07:16 PM CDT
No, I was just trying to clarify what your guild was so I wouldn't post in the wrong folder....

;)
Re: Question for you barbarians 05/16/2007 07:22 PM CDT
>>Wanted to see what your thoughts were in regards to barbarians being allowed to use enchanted blades.

Since when are enchanted blades going to work like anything different than a bless?

It's not like a barb is going to be able to activate any special features, if they happen to exist, so I fail to see the issue.

I am --- Navak
Re: Question for you barbarians 05/16/2007 07:34 PM CDT
Thats what I was thinking Navak. I would consider it no different then a bless or something along that lines.

Drevid
Re: Question for you barbarians 05/16/2007 07:35 PM CDT
>Since when are enchanted blades going to work like anything different than a bless?

There's currently no established proposal for enchanting that we've seen. The discussion of "what we want to happen for enchanting" has been going on over in the WM folder lately, and the subject of barbs using them has come up. Since not many barbs read over there, we wanted some input from you guys on what you felt was appropriate.

-Durnil
Re: Question for you barbarians 05/16/2007 08:03 PM CDT
What Durnil said.

~Nazaruss
Re: Question for you barbarians 05/17/2007 05:56 AM CDT
Will enchanted swords shoot fireballs and lighting? If so, then no, I dont think we should use them. If all enchanting will do is make the weapon better (stat wise) then why wouldnt the masters of weapons use them?
Re: Question for you barbarians 05/17/2007 07:26 AM CDT
I also agree with Navak. As long as there is no activation requred, like in bless, I see nothing wrong with using it.

I would also like to see us barbs being able to infuse our weapons with inner fire like you are taling of infusing them with manna.

______
Kertig Heart Magdar Bluefletch, Legendary Barbarian of M'Riss
Re: Question for you barbarians 05/17/2007 01:18 PM CDT
Oh, now wouldn't that be neat. Focusing on the weapon and giving it some of our inner fire, thus increasing its damage potential for a short time.
Re: Question for you barbarians 05/17/2007 04:23 PM CDT
I think that would be neat... spend x amount of IF to give your weapon an increased chance to land a critical strike for a length of time.

Honestly, though, I think it would make for a better meditation.

>meditate strike sword
You focus on your sword for a moment, meditating on its deadly form. After clearing your mind, you are struck by the revelation of how to more effectively use it.

Perhaps give it the same sort of hit to IF that the Elemental Barrage gives to Manipulative Resolve and a similar accuracy bonus (along with the improved chance for a crit).

Fuquois
Re: Question for you barbarians 05/17/2007 04:58 PM CDT
I agree with the meditation, outward expression of IF comes from the barbarian.

It isn't passed into things.

I am --- Navak