Inner Fire Hits 04/22/2007 07:14 PM CDT
Was passing through a room and got an IF hit, and decided to stop and ask what spell it was. Over the course of the next half a minute he cast three more times to give me four IF hits total, he answers that it was Earth Sense, and then I leave.

Afterward I thought to check my IF to see what kind of damage the four hits did, to find I went from full IF to 'empty', as low as we can see with meditating (dim glow as if a flame lurked just out of sight).

And it was so low it took 10 minutes just to crawl up from that range to the second lowest (tiny aura of beautiful flames).

And then it took another 30 minutes to go from there back to full IF, for a total of 40 minutes. I had to put off hunting and everything for almost an hour.

Please tell me there is something terribly wrong with this and that IF hits from spells aren't intended to completely destroy IF and take you from full to beyond empty in 4 quick casts (30 seconds tops)?

Dragoonseal
Re: Inner Fire Hits 04/22/2007 07:49 PM CDT
Who casted it?

Vinjince

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."

- Sima Yi
Re: Inner Fire Hits 04/22/2007 10:33 PM CDT
Would Earth Sense fall under the same veil as Arc light? A spell that shouldn't be causing any IF hits anyway, since it's not cast or effecting you in any way, other than the IF hit?

AL was giving (still does?) room-wide IF hits for self-casts, at some point.
Re: Inner Fire Hits 04/22/2007 11:32 PM CDT
EaS is AoE no matter what...so no.

I am --- Navak