Dumb question 01/08/2007 11:39 PM CST

I dont get cast at very often so never remember what Im supposed to see when I get zapped.

The other day a Cleric was casting the new version of AE on me and basically I was just getting zapped bad. I didnt see a single mention of any IF hits or any sign that I was resisting in any way. I thought that BMR resisted TM spells and I should have seen some messaging even if I was being overwhelmed. Was not able to check IF level as I ended up dead.

Anyone able to remind me what Im supposed to see in this sort of situation please.

There's a feeling I get when I look to the west
And my spirit is crying for leaving
In my thoughts I have seen rings of smoke through the trees
And the voices of those who stand looking
Re: Dumb question 01/09/2007 12:33 AM CST
No message means you partialy resisted, that or there's something wonky with the new spell version and for some reason not getting checked. There's messaging when your resistance causes a spell to fail completely and when it totaly overwhelms your IF. Nothing inbetween.

Norm
Re: Dumb question 01/09/2007 12:38 AM CST
Guess I should show you the messaging too.

Mage's spell failing completely:
Small motes of light flicker for a moment around xxxx, then fade.

Mage overwhelming BMR:
You sense a decrease in the level of your inner fire.

Norm
Re: Dumb question 01/09/2007 01:19 AM CST
Thanks

Sounds reasonable except the part about dying when partialy resisting.
Re: Dumb question 01/09/2007 01:27 AM CST
If it makes you feel any better it's possible to have your BMR completely overwhelmed and survive.
Re: Dumb question 01/09/2007 06:26 AM CST
>>The other day a Cleric was casting the new version of AE on me and basically I was just getting zapped bad. I didnt see a single mention of any IF hits or any sign that I was resisting in any way. I thought that BMR resisted TM spells and I should have seen some messaging even if I was being overwhelmed. Was not able to check IF level as I ended up dead.

There's no resisting the holy bolts o dewm

Strangeguard

http://www.vurtego.com/
Re: Dumb question 01/09/2007 04:08 PM CST
>>Sounds reasonable except the part about dying when partialy resisting.

You could have resisted 1%, just enough to not take IF hits but no real effect on the spell.

Also I think AE was switched over to full TM recently, at least in Prime it was recent I think, so it shouldn't have the sparkling lights happen on complete failure.

I am --- Navak