MR-Berserk = Catch 22 10/07/2005 01:06 PM CDT
anyone else think its total garbage that not only did they nerf our mental resist but they also made it that to increase it we end up with weaker berserks??? That just totally... GRR!
Re: MR-Berserk = Catch 22 10/07/2005 02:21 PM CDT
What "nerf to mind resist" are you talking about?

Gamemaster Iayn
Barbarian Liaison
Re: MR-Berserk = Catch 22 10/07/2005 03:00 PM CDT
There is no mind resist to MB, the stat contest is just broken for everyone.
Re: MR-Berserk = Catch 22 10/09/2005 05:59 AM CDT
Well for some of us I suppose spiking discipline results in our berserks sucking. And since disc is necessary to have good WvW resist.. well you get the picture. I am also still not clear what is considered "unbalanced" discipline in terms of reducing berserk effectiveness. I have a feeling some of us are gimping ourselves without realizing it.

http://www.drplat.com - The DragonRealms Platinum Community Website!!

Quote of the moment >> "If you die in an elevator, be sure to push the Up button."
-- Sam Levenson
Re: MR-Berserk = Catch 22 10/09/2005 01:46 PM CDT
>>Well for some of us I suppose spiking discipline results in our berserks sucking. And since disc is necessary to have good WvW resist.. well you get the picture. I am also still not clear what is considered "unbalanced" discipline in terms of reducing berserk effectiveness. I have a feeling some of us are gimping ourselves without realizing it.

Training discipline all you want will not protect you against MB unless you are many circles above the caster. Intelligence is the dominant defense against MB, but even that is skewed heavily in favor of the caster.
Re: MR-Berserk = Catch 22 10/09/2005 03:50 PM CDT
Any proof to back up the claim that intelligence is the dominant defense? Just curious as all my MM buddies love training disc just as high, if not higher. There's obviously been no comment from the GMs about it, so other than testing I don't know how we'd ever be sure.

Quote of the moment >> "If you die in an elevator, be sure to push the Up button."
-- Sam Levenson
Re: MR-Berserk = Catch 22 10/09/2005 04:03 PM CDT
I just got back from a long absence so don't have exact numbers onhand. I can tell you my 150th barb (with 40 intell, 90 disc, 64 charisma) can be MB'd by my 100th mm (who had 700 pm, 60 intell, 50 disc, 30 charisma I think -account is no longer active so I can't check for sure). I haven't tested it since the recent psy shield changes, so they may have made MB harder to cast through BMR like they did with psy. Before I left, both psy shield and mb basically ignored BMR and were ridiciously easy to cast on barbs.
Re: MR-Berserk = Catch 22 10/09/2005 09:44 PM CDT
Any barbs available with 90 intelligence and 50 disc too compare results? That is nuts though if true. You'd think the BMR alone should have weakened the MB to a fraction of its original power. Any idea how well he held up against Tingle, Thunderclap and Halt? I'm under the impression not every WvW spell relies on the same stats for success roles. In other words you are saying that a barb will never win a WvW contest, regardless of stats, abilities or circle... lovely.

-- Sam Levenson
Re: MR-Berserk = Catch 22 10/09/2005 11:18 PM CDT
<<Any barbs available with 90 intelligence and 50 disc too compare results?

Well, I'm no barb, but ...

Trebber

Your mech lore ranks could care less if the paper is blue or plain.

GM XXXXXX "Well, we can't please everyone."

You say, "True, but that is no reason not to try."
Re: MR-Berserk = Catch 22 11/10/2005 09:04 PM CST
Things haven't changed. If you want to raise your MR, train your weakest stat. The more even your stats are on a racial basis the better your MR will be.

-Phii
www.phiiskeep.homestead.com
Re: MR-Berserk = Catch 22 11/13/2005 10:07 PM CST
>>Things haven't changed. If you want to raise your MR, train your weakest stat.

Make that the cheapest. Raising all stats help. Training the cheapest stats will give you the best BMR but won't always make you the most effective in other aspects.

Brabs

Ternith whispers to your group, "the Barbarian never retreats...the warrior will take use of falling back to a better position to kill."