BMR stat based? 02/21/2005 11:04 PM CST
Is BMR stat based or what? I've been reading mixed things and I'm not sure what's right or not. If it is, what stats affect it?

~Z~
Re: BMR stat based? 02/22/2005 06:01 AM CST
It is based off of overall stats. So if you train your character with the cheapest stat to train each time, you will have your Max BMR for where your currently at.

I am sure there are other factors, like discipline may weigh heavier? Circle may indirectly affect it, or may not, obviously the higher the circle the higher the stats(normally). IF has a big deal to do with it as well I believe....

Hopefully someone else can shed more light than I could.

Codiax.

Crowd Control:
You've gained a new rank in your ability to fight multiple opponents.
You are certain that the green malachite stone is worth exactly 1337 lirums.
Re: BMR stat based? 02/22/2005 11:54 AM CST
Max general BMR does not mean best BMR or MR against all spell-types in case you get the wrong idea. In general, a barb heavy on discipline and charisma will defend against say...mental blast better than a barb that is heavy on strength and stamina.

When we say max BMR it's the overall BMR and yes it is stat based. All else being equal, raising a stat equals a boost (however minor), in MR and BMR. I've never really studied/checked to see if circle affected BMR as well though I'm guessing some other people have done that test.

I am --- Navak
Re: BMR stat based? 02/22/2005 04:43 PM CST
So in short, no one really knows how to train stats to effectivly boost overall BMR, perhaps we should look into this more as time goes on?
Re: BMR stat based? 02/22/2005 08:21 PM CST
>>So in short, no one really knows how to train stats to effectivly boost overall BMR, perhaps we should look into this more as time goes on?

That basically sums it up. Like the others said, Damissak said at one point that to get the best possible overall BMR, one should train whatever stat is the cheapest, which hints toward different stats helping resist different spells, but no GM has officially come out and said that.

"Their lust for gold is immense, their love of drink boundless. Barbarians are without restraint...Although generally they are considered good-looking." -Herwig Wolfram
Re: BMR stat based? 02/23/2005 12:13 AM CST
I just wish we knew for sure.
Re: BMR stat based? 02/23/2005 12:21 AM CST
>The concept of resistance is based on triangulation of mind, body, and spirit. A Barbarian would be at maximum resistance (for the TDPs spent) if all stats were balanced in TDP expenditure for their race.

>GM Damissak

That statement there is all we have on it, make of it what you will.

Dragoonseal
Re: BMR stat based? 02/23/2005 01:03 PM CST
I just wish we had GMs to ask these questions but we don't. We only have a BM.

I am --- Navak
Re: BMR stat based? 05/22/2005 10:33 PM CDT
We have Iayn, now. Glad to have you with us, Iayn. If it wouldn't be any trouble, could you explain BMR to us better? Maybe give us an example of someone who would have more BMR at the same circle with someone who has less BMR?
Re: BMR stat based? 05/22/2005 10:47 PM CDT
The old advice about BMR - to train the cheapest stats for you - remains sound.

Gamemaster Iayn
Barbarian Liaison
Re: BMR stat based? 05/23/2005 12:50 AM CDT
Weird.
Re: BMR stat based? 07/03/2005 04:02 PM CDT
"The old advice about BMR - to train the cheapest stats for you - remains sound."-Iayn

Okay i'm really young compared to you all but... i have a question about this statement. My strength is 24 but my disc is only 12 and it cost more for me than training strength which is double it? i'm a Tog btw. so to better my bmr I keep training srength?

PS: Iayn yer the best!
Re: BMR stat based? 07/03/2005 11:51 PM CDT
Yes, in theory, though it would benefit you to train disc up a bit, it will help you more in the long run, and being so young, you don't need BMR quite as much, you'll need better mentals to learn faster. That's how it is in my experience at least. BMR will help more against spellcasting mobs, obviously, and there arent quite as many low-skill ones that cast annoying/devastating spells.
Re: BMR stat based? 07/04/2005 06:19 PM CDT
Okay thanks zirith, I think i'm gonna train mentals like you said, Learning right now is killing me anyways
Re: BMR stat based? 07/04/2005 10:58 PM CDT
Yeah, I'm suffering from this effect, I was dumb when I was low-circle and spend a lot on strength/stamina, so they're really high, but now my mentals are killing my circling speed, so it's only wisdom/intellegence for a while.
Re: BMR stat based? 07/07/2005 10:47 PM CDT
MR in general is a combined total of all your stats. So each stat adds to your MR. This is for all guilds

BMR just has a X + %Y ratio stuck on it, where X is your base MR and Y is the percent of your base mr that is boosted due to the fact that your a Barbarian(this includes any current dances/berserks going on)

The shadows on the wall indeed ran long across the room during the late hours of the afternoon.
Re: BMR stat based? 07/24/2005 02:15 AM CDT
Had been thinking of this since that big discussion over what abilities people would steal from other guilds and noticed how many mages said they would steal BMR. Made me laugh because I assumed BMR was disabled or broken or something because I myself have never seen it's benefits since it was implemented as it is now. I am routinely(I'd guess 80% of the time) affected by arc light from theren swampies and I had never been affected by them before new BMR was said to have been added in. I guess now I have another reason to train Charisma(my lowest stat), maybe then I can be proud of BMR too and make those mages jealous ;).
Re: BMR stat based? 07/24/2005 04:43 AM CDT
I think BMR is based on all your stats, so to get the biggest benefit from it you should train the stat with the lowest TDP cost at any given time. I might be wrong about that, though, don't play a barb. Any elders wish to make a correction?

Marksman Ahmir Nam'al

"Is glas iad na cnoic i bhfad uainn."
-Distant hills look green.
Re: BMR stat based? 07/24/2005 09:14 AM CDT
its based on all stats combined and circle. Altered by dances, berserk, and inner fire levels.

BMR is fairly weak at first but once you get to the mid-to-high end circles its crazy

_______
The shadows on the wall indeed ran long across the room during the late hours of the afternoon.
Re: BMR stat based? 07/25/2005 06:01 PM CDT
>>I think BMR is based on all your stats, so to get the biggest benefit from it you should train the stat with the lowest TDP cost at any given time. I might be wrong about that, though, don't play a barb. Any elders wish to make a correction?

For the highest BMR that is correct, but not always the best stat to train. It might be more beneficial for your training to raise something else.

Brabs

Ternith whispers to your group, "the Barbarian never retreats...the warrior will take use of falling back to a better position to kill."
Re: BMR stat based? 10/07/2005 01:03 PM CDT
I just wish that since they nerfed our mind resist, that they made it so that mental spells didnt lower inner fire.