brigandine 05/08/2011 06:47 PM CDT
It looks like brigandine made it in to the books, but I'm unable to start pounding. I tried several of the patterns but all gave no output when attempting to pound ingot with hammer. The (0) required large cloth paddings looked a little odd on this one as well.

>turn book to page 30
You turn your book to page 30, instructions for crafting a metal lamellar lorica.
>read book

-= Chapter 2, Page 30: Instructions for crafting a metal lamellar lorica =-

A metal lamellar lorica is a craftable item in the Forging society under the Armorsmithing crafting discipline. This is considered to be a challenging piece to make, though knowledge of the Torso Brigandine Armor Design technique will be beneficial to the crafter.

This item is listed as a "finished metal brigandine armor" ingredient type and is created using a forging hammer, some tongs, some metalworking oil, a metal anvil with forge. A crafter may also find it helpful to have some pliers a shovel and a bellows on hand.

A list of ingredients is provided:

(1) refined metal ingot (42 volume)
(0) finished large cloth padding

>get ingot
You get a steel ingot from inside your scribe's pack.
>put ingot on anvil
You put your ingot on the iron anvil.
>study book
You quickly review the lorica instructions and completely understand all facets of the design.
You now feel ready to begin the crafting process.
Roundtime: 5 sec.
>stow
>get hamm
You put your book in your scribe's pack.
>
You get a steel ball-peen hammer from inside your scribe's pack.
>get tong
You get some straight iron tongs from inside your scribe's pack.
>pound ingot with hamm
>l
[Forging Society, Forge]
Barely any soot remains on the walls or floor here, despite constant use. A nice leather tarp holds a mountain of fuel, and nearby is a large anvil and forge fire that crackles and pops in the low light. You also see a glowing forge, a grindstone and a large waste bucket.
Obvious exits: west.
>stow
You put your hammer in your scribe's pack.
>stow left
You put your tongs in your scribe's pack.
>get ingot
You get a steel ingot from atop an iron anvil.
Re: brigandine 05/08/2011 07:10 PM CDT
Hmm, I pushed some of the brigandine armor out a few hours ago but had to run before making sure it was behaving. Give me a few and it should be working again.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: brigandine 05/08/2011 07:44 PM CDT
neat, looks like it's working.
Re: brigandine 05/11/2011 07:57 PM CDT
Seems there is a bit of a typo when I analyze brigandine balaclava. See below:

analyze bala
You thoroughly analyze the brigandine balaclava, revealing some of its secrets.
When crafting is complete this will be a type of finished metal brigandine armor.
The metal wire links, scales and plates now appear ready for weaving using a pair of plauers. Just pull the balaclava with the pliers to stitch them together.
From the progress so far, it looks like the balaclava is masterfully-crafted.
The balaclava is a basic piece to make.

Plauers should be pliers.

Regards,

Sortny/Braunwen
Re: brigandine 05/11/2011 09:35 PM CDT
Thanks! I got that fixed up.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes