Test Server Commands 01/13/2020 03:51 PM CST
I don't know how feasible this is, but I think it would greatly benefit our ability to test various systems in the Test server if there was a command that let us set our skills/stats to whatever we want them to be. Such a command would allow any individual to test any system from all levels of skill. One person would be able to see how a system works at 100 versus 1000 ranks. It would enable far more thorough testing of everything.

Something like "setskill all 100" to set all of your skills to 100 or "setskill evasion 530" to allow individual skill tweaking. The same for stats: "setstat all 100" or "setstat charisma 69". With limitations, of course, so people don't exceed rollover values and crash the server or whatever other bad thing might happen.

Semi-related, but I think the long distance travel method in Test (the shards) no longer exists? Would it be possible to expand the "test jump" command to let us quickly travel to any major city? That would also go a long way for better testing.

Please and thank you.
Re: Test Server Commands 01/13/2020 04:07 PM CST
I'd like to second this request

maybe something like
TEST JUMP [city number?]
TEST SETSKILL [all/skill] [number]
TEST SETSTAT [all/stat] [number]
Re: Test Server Commands 01/13/2020 05:13 PM CST
More jump locations and accurate skill setting would be great additions to allow for more detailed testing.

~Hunter Hanryu
>Everything Rangers have is just a lame version of something cool.~Morkim
Re: Test Server Commands 01/14/2020 09:47 AM CST

Is there a list somewhere of the various test server commands that are currently usable?
Re: Test Server Commands 01/14/2020 12:58 PM CST
https://elanthipedia.play.net/Test_Instance

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!

Barbarian Guild Suggestions
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4L5hAxR1-VLDegDNZBIhGdo5bMgnCtm84Icm2E0utU/edit#gid=0
Re: Test Server Commands 01/14/2020 04:11 PM CST

Are shards still there? I was looking and never found them.
Re: Test Server Commands 01/14/2020 09:35 PM CST
I haven't seen any shards, Stanley. But then, with travel being what it is now, that isn't a big issue.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Test Server Commands 03/21/2020 01:25 PM CDT
Some good news to share on this front.

Thanks to a quick QC from Javac, we've updated the TEST verb to be a bit more useful. The following were added as new options:

TEST CRYSTAL - Get a crystal shard to teleport to other provinces.
TEST GUIDES - Get 25 uses of URCHIN guides for traveling within province.
TEST RUNNERS - Get 25 uses of urchin runners for remote BANKing and other conveniences.
TEST COINS - Get 10,000 platinum of each currency type (if you're under 10,000).
TEST CURRENCY - Get 10,000 of a chosen TICKET currency type.

We talked about letting you adjust skills/stats. Right now, we're not sure of a good way to handle that, and odds aren't favorable any time soon. The primary concern is that if you don't copy down (by hand, notepad, whatever) what your "normal" skills and stats are, and then change them, you're stuck that way. If we put something else in Test, you'd be "broken" until another sync was done with your real Prime version.

The idea hasn't been shot down, we just don't know of a good way of doing it at the moment that wouldn't be clunky or annoying. For now, there's no work being done on it. It may be something we revisit in the future if a good idea comes up.

There may be more updates coming to the TEST verb in the future, but this should be a good start for most of what happens over there!

Zadraes
Re: Test Server Commands 03/21/2020 01:36 PM CDT
>The primary concern is that if you don't copy down (by hand, notepad, whatever) what your "normal" skills and stats are, and then change them, you're stuck that way.

Um. Couldn't I just log back into live and see what they are, then log back in to test and use the same command to adjust them again? Or am I missing something?

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors." -Raesh
Re: Test Server Commands 03/21/2020 02:09 PM CDT
>Couldn't I just log back into live and see what they are, then log back in to test and use the same command to adjust them again?

Yes, you could. But also, commands...many. You'd have to adjust each skill and stat separately. That's 100ish commands for them all, each time you do it...each time you move to some other system (which we really don't push too often over there). That's a lot of effort that's very clunky. Some of you may be willing to do it, I don't doubt that! But enough to justify us spending the time writing and parsing it all?

Very few characters log into Test. We mostly only see people there when a new Simucoin event opens and people are checking out the prizes, and rarely do those need people changing skills/stats to test.

Again, it's not off the table. But it's hard (for me) to justify the time it'd take to set that up vs the use it would get. If another GM picks it up, they can absolutely run with it, but I think for now there are other things I could focus on that would be more widely used and available in the live games.

Zadraes
Re: Test Server Commands 03/21/2020 05:29 PM CDT
It looks like the TEST SORCERY command might be broken in the Test Instance. Could we get that turned back on? It's handy for checking how much skill your character needs for MT tattoos, particularly.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Main_Page
Re: Test Server Commands 03/22/2020 07:18 AM CDT
I'm happy to see more test commands. I like what you've done so far. The cash on in particular will be helpful if we test more B&E style fines.

>Yes, you could. But also, commands...many. You'd have to adjust each skill and stat separately. That's 100ish commands for them all, each time you do it...each time you move to some other system (which we really don't push too often over there). That's a lot of effort that's very clunky.

Can I just lol at this statement? DR is a game designed around repeatedly entering 100-1000 commands every day for literal years to reach mid game. Whatever system you come up with, it will be less clunky than Enchanting and you guys released that to prime less than a year ago. You've trained us for this; We're ready for exactly this :D

I'd further state that if one bothered to go adjust a character enough to test something they almost certainly did it with a script, so just run the script again to adjust to a new setting. It would be simple enough to write a script that sent 50-70 `put test skill SKILLNAME %1` and 8 `put test stat STATNAME %2` commands and just fire of a .settest 90 15 to go check that new release as a snowbeast level hunter followed by .settest 1650 115 to go check out the overpowered special attacks of joel moradu. If you're the kind of person that would do this, you're probably like me and have a running spreadsheet of your character's skills written out to a .csv every 24 hours anyway.

You correctly identified that not many folks go test things. A system that would let us adjust characters, clunky as it may be (trust me we know how to script around clunk), would be a force multiplier for those few that do test. It's worth at least some effort on the GM side, in my opinion.

~Hunter Hanryu
>I would like to avoid the collection of broken dreams and sorrow that is the Ranger guild.~Agalea
Re: Test Server Commands 03/22/2020 08:22 AM CDT
> The idea hasn't been shot down, we just don't know of a good way of doing it at the moment that wouldn't be clunky or annoying. For now, there's no work being done on it. It may be something we revisit in the future if a good idea comes up.

I just really want to say thank you for considering it and looking into it. I appreciate that it's being considered.
Re: Test Server Commands 03/22/2020 10:54 PM CDT
another thought is, leave the tedium of reversion on us

Speaking as someone who occasionally uses test to actually test stuff and not just to scope out the event items, I'm more than happy to have to be the one to set my skills back if I want to test against my skills in live. Maybe tack a note onto the command to the effect of "this is not reversible, if you want to set your skill back to its old value you will have to use this command again"

I think others who would use it would be alright with that limitation, too. Like you said, for the number of people who would use it, it's not worth spending any significant amount of time on. If leaving out a method to revert would take the task to a reasonable amount of time, I doubt anyone would mind having to manually reset the skills they chose to manually change
Re: Test Server Commands 08/24/2020 10:52 AM CDT
As someone who primarily plays TF, the current incarnation of the test server is pretty useless to me. A command that allowed me to adjust skills/stats would be welcome. I could easily write a script for StormFront or Genie that would copy current skills and generate a script to be run on the test server to sync up.
Re: Test Server Commands 09/27/2020 10:05 PM CDT
Any possibility of updating the TEST command to allow us to get our hands on potency crystals and infuser stones?

Anytime we get to play with the upgradable event loot in DRT I never seem to have enough crystals on hand...

- I
Re: Test Server Commands 10/01/2020 10:13 AM CDT
>>Any possibility of updating the TEST command to allow us to get our hands on potency crystals and infuser stones?

+1

Also, can we have the ability to set skills (appraisal and possibly arcana in particular) to 1750? Since I don't have a prime character that can't appraise well enough for documentation purposes, so I'm unable to get accurate readings on cambrinth capacities, weights, values, etc.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Test Server Commands 10/05/2020 12:14 PM CDT
I would appreciate this as well. I have several items I need to test without having to PAFO by losing a PC or IS in game.

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!

Barbarian Guild Suggestions
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4L5hAxR1-VLDegDNZBIhGdo5bMgnCtm84Icm2E0utU/edit#gid=0
Re: Test Server Commands 10/14/2020 10:58 AM CDT
From Tuesday Tidings 34:
>> Lastly, the TEST verb was updated to give you potency crystals and infuser stones to assist in testing items that use them. Reminder that the TEST verb only works in the Test instance. Thanks to Grejuva for QC'ing this!

Thank you for this!

- I