Thief 3.1 12/07/2013 07:16 AM CST
So, I woke up my little backstabber and jumped in Test for a bit. Few questions concerns.

1. Start message said Khri are on global preview, but, when I looked at what Khri I had on my list it showed none. Any chance we can have our lists filled out during global preview so those who easily forget names can have a quick place to look for a reminder?

2. I'm guessing, since the Khri is on preview, there is no need to test any "spell selection" mechanics? I tried to choose a khri to learn but.. Kalag the Sly shakes his head, "I'm sorry, I just don't feel like teaching any khri right now." Lazybones :/

3. I didn't get a choice which of my supernatural magic skills we're grandfathered to which rank, will there be some command to switch these around like when 3.0 magic first came in? First glance, everything seemed good with that. Still kinda wierd for Kalag to be asking me for Small Edge AND Debilitation. Heh.

You must be wearing the dried fishskin in order to eat it.
Re: Thief 3.1 12/07/2013 12:50 PM CST
>>Any chance we can have our lists filled out during global preview so those who easily forget names can have a quick place to look for a reminder?

Ok, done.

>>I'm guessing, since the Khri is on preview, there is no need to test any "spell selection" mechanics?

Not yet, I may stop the preview later on once I am confident that the core and individual abilities are acting right.

>>will there be some command to switch these around like when 3.0 magic first came in?

EXP SWITCH works in Test, and I'm pretty sure it'll be ok to allow some switching for a week or so after release in prime (for Thieves only).

FGM Ricinus
Logistics Lead
Magic, Sentients Team Member
Cleric Advocate
Re: Thief 3.1 12/07/2013 01:11 PM CST
Dampen teaches Augmentation but seems to be a more utility effect, is this intended?

Elusive
mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Re: Thief 3.1 12/07/2013 01:18 PM CST
It could have gone either way I suppose.

I saw the ability more as an augmentation of the player's ability to move quietly in armor vs the utility of making armor quieter.

FGM Ricinus
Logistics Lead
Magic, Sentients Team Member
Cleric Advocate
Re: Thief 3.1 12/07/2013 02:09 PM CST
I only gave Khri about an hour since my Prime character is only 40th, but it seems like Utility is fairly thin at those levels. Hasten and Silence were about the only Utility abilities I could activate even with Khri Delay+Sitting, and both of those together barely got my Utility skill to 3/34 once they ended. Augmentation I was able to lock after about 30ish minutes of stacking abilities.

That said, Id love to get my Plat thief copied over to test some of the higher tiered stuff.

Elusive
Re: Thief 3.1 12/07/2013 02:35 PM CST

I'm tied up this weekend, but i'll give it all a working over this coming week.:)
Re: Thief 3.1 12/07/2013 03:09 PM CST
Should have spent a bit more time testing, I managed to lock Utility in just over 30 minutes by keeping both Silence and Hasten on as much as possible. As long as my character was sitting, I was able to keep 3 abilities up without losing much concentration, once I stood up I started to drain faster then the regen. Its a fairly interesting thing, at lower levels you can get higher level abilities running by using Delay instead of Start, which is great for training.

Circle: 40
Showing Magic skills with field experience.

SKILL: Rank/Percent towards next rank/Amount learning/Mindstate Fraction
Inner Magic: 100 98% captivated (26/34) Augmentation: 88 32% interested (12/34)
Utility: 54 92% nearly locked (33/34)

I did notice that when my Inner Magic went up a rank, I got the following message which seems to be a bit weird for Thieves:

You've gained a new rank in you knowledge of magic theory.

Elusive
Ranger 3.1 12/07/2013 04:13 PM CST
So, woke up the Ranger this time.

Ranger Stuff:
- Could the new bonus to locksmithing be added to the description for Hands of Lirisa?
- Cheetah Swiftness is missing a description
- Bear Strength is missing a description

General Stuff:
- When using the command SPELL to view what spells I have I'm seeing what I think is an error in the message at the top. I'll past it below

* START PASTE *

>spell
You recall the spells you have learned from your training.
spells.

* END PASTE *

See that extra " spells." in there?

You must be wearing the dried fishskin in order to eat it.
Re: Ranger 3.1 12/08/2013 05:05 PM CST
That extra "spells." line seems to appear for all magic casters that I've checked so far.