re: Rocket Boosters 08/21/2012 12:47 PM CDT
Is this something that will make it into Prime? Or just something to facilitate testing?

Is there some way to make travel instantaneous in Test? I never understood the restriction, given how it would make testing vastly easier.

Thanks for the update!
GENT
re: Rocket Boosters 08/21/2012 12:48 PM CDT
>>Is there some way to make travel instantaneous in Test? I never understood the restriction, given how it would make testing vastly easier.

There's a pile of those super old crystal shards at the NE gate of crossing.

"You always have to be a know-it-all. And you don't. Know. It. All." - GERSTEINJ2
re: Rocket Boosters 08/21/2012 12:55 PM CDT
Um, duh. I rescind my former statements.

GENT
re: Rocket Boosters 08/21/2012 02:28 PM CDT
Can't wait to try these out :)

On the subject of the crystals, I think I went through every option but maybe I missed something. Is there one for Hib or BC? I remember being irritated that I had to go over the ice road.

~Katt

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!
re: Rocket Boosters 08/21/2012 02:32 PM CDT
I don't think they were tweaked since they were originally around, which I think was waaaaaaaaaaaaay before P5.

I know one of the destinations doesn't even work anymore. I keep trying to remember what it's trying to point to.

"You always have to be a know-it-all. And you don't. Know. It. All." - GERSTEINJ2
re: Rocket Boosters 08/21/2012 03:34 PM CDT
<<The Gondola (which no longer slows down if you stuff it full of caravans)

Oh God, now I have to update my (Kraelyst) travel script. ohnoestheskyisfalling. THANKS RAESH! Some people.

Nikpack
re: Rocket Boosters 08/21/2012 06:07 PM CDT
>>Is this something that will make it into Prime? Or just something to facilitate testing?

Assuming nothing blows up it'll come to Prime and TF. It's already in Plat.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
re: Rocket Boosters 08/21/2012 10:52 PM CDT
>>Is there one for Hib or BC?

The fuchsia one goes to the Vela'tohr woods. Somehow the room got lost in one of the updates so it had stopped working. That's near...ish to BC at least.

Melete

My old clock used to tell the time
and subdivide diurnity;
but now it's lost both hands and chime
and only tells eternity.
re: Rocket Boosters 08/21/2012 11:01 PM CDT

Eh, it's on the correct side of the ice road, works for me. Thank you!

~Katt

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!
re: Rocket Boosters 08/21/2012 11:30 PM CDT
>>Eh, it's on the correct side of the ice road, works for me. Thank you!

Since I was already mucking around, I went ahead and added Hib, Boar Clan and Muspar'i to the shards. Let me know if you accidentally teleport to the surface of Katamba or something. :]

Melete

My old clock used to tell the time
and subdivide diurnity;
but now it's lost both hands and chime
and only tells eternity.
re: Rocket Boosters 08/21/2012 11:49 PM CDT
Sweet! Thanks bunches.

~Katt

re: Rocket Boosters 08/22/2012 06:25 AM CDT
any way to eliminate this from test:

You pull a crystal shard from the pile.
There is a sudden electrical shock and you find you are stunned!
Roundtime: 60 seconds

2. Falken doesn't work. at least he won't buy my gryphon pelt.

You ask the tanner Falken to buy a tawny gold gryphon pelt.
The tanner Falken seems annoyed and whispers something to Schvartzgonif.
The tanner Falken frowns. "I only deal in pelts, furs or other body parts here. This is a tannery, not a pawnshop!"
>stow rope
You put your rope in your journey pack.

Rocket boosters:

Took hodierna's grace to leth with my thief <i never usually travel on this with her, i take the 5th passage> ... and tried jumping ferries. The two never approached near enough to make it. LOG:

You hear a bell ring out three times and a voice calling, "All ashore who's going ashore!"
>
You hear a shrill whistle sound and a voice call out, "Cast off!"
>
You feel the ferry Hodierna's Grace shudder slightly as it shoves off.
>
You are about a fourth of the way across.
>look
["Hodierna's Grace"]
A few weary travelers lean against a railing at the bow of this ferry, anxiously waiting to reach the opposite bank. An elderly S'Kra Mur stands alone at the stern, thoughtfully watching the shallow wake of the ferry shiver and become still.
Obvious paths: none.
>exp
You can see a ferry approaching on the left side.
>

Circle: 117
Showing all skills with field experience.

SKILL: Rank/Percent towards next rank/Amount learning/Mindstate Fraction

No skills have field experience or none meet your criteria!

Total Ranks Displayed: 0
Time Development Points: 62 Favors: 10 Deaths: 93 Departs: 1
Overall state of mind: clear
EXP HELP for more information
>look
["Hodierna's Grace"]
A few weary travelers lean against a railing at the bow of this ferry, anxiously waiting to reach the opposite bank. An elderly S'Kra Mur stands alone at the stern, thoughtfully watching the shallow wake of the ferry shiver and become still.
>look ferry
The ferry is too far away to see clearly.
>
You are half way across the river and see the ferry passing you on the left.
>
look ferry

The ferry is too far away to see clearly.
>jump ferry
The ferries aren't nearly close enough to consider that even as a remote possibility.
>
The ferry moves away, nearly out of view.
>
jump ferry

The ferries aren't nearly close enough to consider that even as a remote possibility.
>The water of the river laps against the side of the ferry.
>
You are nearing the docks.
>
The ferry Hodierna's Grace reaches the dock and its crew ties the ferry off.
>

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
re: Rocket Boosters 08/22/2012 07:11 AM CDT
Did you use to be able to jump between the ferries between Crossing and Leth? As a player I only recall that for Riverhaven/Crossing.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
re: Rocket Boosters 08/22/2012 07:23 AM CDT

>Did you use to be able to jump between the ferries between Crossing and Leth? As a player I only recall that for Riverhaven/Crossing.

Yes sir!
re: Rocket Boosters 08/22/2012 07:28 AM CDT
yes. did it on many occasions when i used to pickpocket folks, with my thief, and did it plat-side with necro character just to see if i could. which is the reason for many experiments with my necro :-).

<those are the only 2 that can do the jumps>

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
re: Rocket Boosters 08/22/2012 08:04 AM CDT
Hrh. I found what I missed. Jumping and looking between the ferries should be working again for both Leth and Riverhaven.

Please let me know if you encounter any other issues.

-Raesh

re: Rocket Boosters 08/22/2012 09:23 AM CDT
just confirmed that plat-side with necromancer, did a double-jump. :-)

ng the shallow wake of the ferry shiver and become still.
[Script]>
jump ferry

Time Development Points: 64 Favors: 0 Deaths: 76 Departs: 18
Overall state of mind: clear
EXP HELP for more information
[Script]>jump ferry
Gathering up your courage, you take a flying leap toward the ferry Kertigen's Honor and land on its deck.
["Kertigen's Honor"]
The ferry rocks gently as you step aboard. Surrounded by the cool, briny air of the Segoltha, you take your place on the deserted deck and gaze up into the night sky.
[Script]>
The ferry moves away, nearly out of view.
[Script]>

/---
Leucius