Re: Barbarian testing incoming 06/14/2012 05:52 PM CDT
Woo hoo! Oh I will be around to test drive the snot out of it!
Re: Barbarian testing incoming 06/15/2012 03:36 PM CDT
With the new stuff, would it be possible to have the updated versions of our characters copied over? If not, that's ok, but thought I'd ask.
Re: Barbarian testing incoming 06/15/2012 04:22 PM CDT
That's a good idea, is this possible?
Re: Barbarian testing incoming 06/15/2012 06:48 PM CDT
Whee! Hoping to get a bunch of people together tomorrow evening/night to have a testing storm, if it's out by then. (hopefully)

It would be absolutely lovely to get updated characters over too :)

__
You hear the voice of Jaedren exclaim, "Look! I'm Leilond!"
You notice Jaedren come out of hiding.
Jaedren shimmers out of sight.
Re: Barbarian testing incoming 06/15/2012 09:16 PM CDT
Two months old is going to make that much of a difference?

Abison/Rystien
Re: Barbarian testing incoming 06/15/2012 09:30 PM CDT
2 months? Thought it's been at least 6.

__
Re: Barbarian testing incoming 06/16/2012 06:14 AM CDT
[You can CHOOSE PATH <pathname> to pick a path. This will give you additional slots in that path as you advance. THIS CHOICE IS PERMANENT!]
>choose path horde
The Guildleader frowns at you and says, "You already picked your path in the Guild.

No, I haven't....

For forms both barbarians I went into Test with were only offered buffalo form for forms, so have we been all pre-set as Flame because we are set to use that meditation?

Or how would you see which pathway you've been set to?

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: Barbarian testing incoming 06/16/2012 09:25 AM CDT
Should we be testing contests? i.e. what contests are the roars on now? Was passive BMR removed? Does having high inner fire help the contests?

Curious if we should be doing tests such as Barbarian has stats of X vs other player with stats of Y, and we got Z results. (basically making sure power levels are in line and aren't crazy so that a Barbarian with stats 20 points less than another player isn't auto-winning or anything)

__
Re: Barbarian testing incoming 06/16/2012 09:35 AM CDT
Wooooooooooooooo THANKS KODIUS! I will be home from work in 4 hours to test things tremendously. Hey Kodius is there any chance you or Jaedren can put those inner fire restoring amulets/things in test? It will kind of suck to be forced to wait and kill for awhile between ability usages just because we ran out of inner fire to test with. Thanks again!

Individuals, families, countries, continents are destroyed at the heavy hand of Vinjince.

-GM Abasha
Re: Barbarian testing incoming 06/16/2012 10:15 AM CDT
>>Should we be testing contests? i.e. what contests are the roars on now? Was passive BMR removed? Does having high inner fire help the contests?

You can test the roar contests. They are all Save vs Fear.

Passive BMR is gone and replaced by abilities that interact with magic (some of which I am still finalizing). The Bastion meditation is a Save vs Agility barrier for example, and you have 2 general damage barrier abilities (one elemental, one physical). The integrity and potency barriers are on the way.

Inner Fire level does not factor into any contests.

And yes please test the contests. We need to ensure everything is working correctly.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Barbarian testing incoming 06/16/2012 10:17 AM CDT
Small aside, the exp window isn't showing inner magic learning.
Re: Barbarian testing incoming 06/16/2012 10:25 AM CDT
>>The Guildleader frowns at you and says, "You already picked your path in the Guild.

That is just a bug, I'll be fixing it here shortly.

>>For forms both barbarians I went into Test with were only offered buffalo form for forms

Not sure what you mean? Advancing in a Path requires the selection of some abilities you might not necessarily care for to get to the better abilities. The sign, placard and banner located in each Guildhall should show what abilities exist in each Path from a macro view.

>>so have we been all pre-set as Flame because we are set to use that meditation?

Meditate Flame is a freebie. It doesn't teach, but it is required to know about your inner fire level. Ability pre-reqs have taken this into account.

>>Or how would you see which pathway you've been set to?

Your flame meditation will show the Path you've selected once I fix things up. Also, once I get time I'll be adjusting some of the messaging for things to reflect your Path.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
Re: Barbarian testing incoming 06/16/2012 10:26 AM CDT
I was hoping to get some feedback on Inner Fire usage and gain before I give everyone a way to instantly regenerate it. Otherwise people might be inclined to always use them, and I'd never get the data I need.

Re: Barbarian testing incoming 06/16/2012 10:32 AM CDT
I still can't get on that other site, so I'll put a couple bugs I found below:

Spelling: agonar misspells lessons as lessions.

Death's embrace - although listed under path of the horde, am told cannot learn this without 7 abilities learned from path of flame.

Agonar refers to himself in the 3rd person when asked about himself.

The below is commentary:
Likes: Being able to have a berserk and "form" up at the same time.

Dislike: haven't found a berserk so far with as much pure OOOMPH and "save-my-arse" factor as berserk stone
Dislike: learning rates for inner fire. couldn't move it off of 1:24.

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: Barbarian testing incoming 06/16/2012 10:42 AM CDT
>>You can test the roar contests. They are all Save vs Fear.

Hmm?

http://elanthipedia.org/w/index.php/Post:Magic_3.0_Contested_Spell_Inputs_-_8/7/2010_-_19:27:04

Fear is on the offense side based on the last post. Could you tell us what defense it is against? So, Fear vs Fortitude or perhaps Fear vs Willpower?

__
Re: Barbarian testing incoming 06/16/2012 10:47 AM CDT
Hehe, still getting my legs under me with the magic changes... Roars are all Fear based attacks and are defended against using Willpower, for now. I'll likely be making some adjustments so other defenses are contested at times. This will be included with the final list of abilities.

Re: Barbarian testing incoming 06/16/2012 10:49 AM CDT
Awesome, can't wait to test tonight! You rock Kodius!

__
Re: Barbarian testing incoming 06/16/2012 10:53 AM CDT
Yeah, we are not allowed to cram too many effects into a single ability like Berserks used to have. The idea is if you get in a jam, fire off 2-3 berserks and get the heck out of danger - at the expense of possibly running out of IF and having all of your abilities drop if you aren't careful.

For example, if you get stunned and knocked down you could fire off Flashflood to break the stun and stand up. Then if your vitality is bad fire off Famine. If you are about to take on a ranged user, fire off Tornado as a preventive measure.

Volcano will be the real life-saver, but does little else other than prevent you from immediately dying. You might live for a bit, but actually getting out of combat after losing both arms and legs is perhaps something better suited for your hunting partners to help with!

Re: Barbarian testing incoming 06/16/2012 11:06 AM CDT
>>Death's embrace - although listed under path of the horde, am told cannot learn this without 7 abilities learned from path of flame.

This is defaulting to Death's Shriek, which also begins "Death's". Try using EMBRACE, or SHRIEK as those are the shorthands for both abilities. I'm going to figure out why it is not selecting the correct ability and see about changing the names slightly.

Re: Barbarian testing incoming 06/16/2012 11:07 AM CDT
Fixed up the misspelling.

>>Agonar refers to himself in the 3rd person when asked about himself.

I believe that is intended... arrogant, a bit.

Re: Barbarian testing incoming 06/16/2012 11:34 AM CDT
I'm really excited for Barbarians -- I think this will go a long way to enable a lot more intelligent PvP and tactics for them, rather than just firing off Dragon Dance and calling it a day.

I'm also anxious because now I'll have to more actively try to judge how a Barbarian might react to what I'm doing in a fight :3

Serious kudos :)

__
Re: Barbarian testing incoming 06/16/2012 12:13 PM CDT
T'kiel hasn't been updated at all yet.

<<She continues, "I can tell you about a handful of those techniques that I can teach you to use, if you're ready to learn them. They're the roars Anger the Earth, Insane Laughter, the Serpent's Hiss of Warning, and the battle cry of Superiority. Ask me about them if you wish." She leans back and waits for your response.
>ask t'kiel about berserk
T'Kiel replies, "You're ready to learn how to unleash your fury at the highest levels now, but I'll not teach them to you. If you feel you are truly worthy of seeking the proper instruction, seek out old Charak. He's been known to wander Pokekehekepi beach these days. Supposedly it suits his temperament now.">>

Nor has Anhh'shre.

>ask anhh'shre about roar
Anhh'shre stretches her arms briefly before returning to her accustomed stance. She replies, "The mind can deal with a number of things. There are others that it can't deal with very well. The Guild has made a study of both. I can teach you how to use both."

She pauses for a moment before saying, "If you wish to know what I'm talking about, ask me about the roars Caution of the Spider, Weighted Justice, Magic's Bane, Mage's Lament, or the battle cry for Bloodthirst." She waits patiently for your response.
>ask anhh'shre about anhh'shre
Anhh'shre glares at you, "I do not have time for idle chatter or nonsense. Make sense or be on your way!"
>

/---
Leucius
Re: Barbarian testing incoming 06/16/2012 12:18 PM CDT
Tusfaov either. dunno about the one in Hib.

/---
Leucius
Re: Barbarian testing incoming 06/16/2012 01:22 PM CDT
>>I'm really excited for Barbarians -- I think this will go a long way to enable a lot more intelligent PvP and tactics for them, rather than just firing off Dragon Dance and calling it a day.

It'll do a lot more than that too. Trust me, other than having OP passive BMR the really intelligent Barbarians will come out better in this than before. Especially against stealth.

Individuals, families, countries, continents are destroyed at the heavy hand of Vinjince.

-GM Abasha
Re: Barbarian testing incoming 06/16/2012 03:26 PM CDT
I want to test bow, but it's still very much broken on the test server so I can't test that one at all. Our supernatural skills also do not train at all.
Re: Barbarian testing incoming 06/16/2012 03:52 PM CDT
I mentioned that experience is not entirely implemented yet. Roars work really well, and the 6 Barbs I had in were learning OK with forms. Berserks/Meditations are not really balanced.

Bow, I can't help you with. Combat is broked and I'm not able to fix it. Please add a BUG to the tracker about this.

Re: Barbarian testing incoming 06/18/2012 07:45 PM CDT
Hey Kodius is there some way we can get an indicator from Mo on how much it cost to forget an ability. Right now he just says you don't have enough coin for that.
Re: Barbarian testing incoming 06/19/2012 12:14 AM CDT
its 10 plat lirum or 12.5 plat kronar

/---
Leucius
Re: Barbarian testing incoming 06/19/2012 02:13 AM CDT
Huh, as of a couple days ago, it was 10 lirum.

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Combat Balance List:
http://tinyurl.com/DRBalance
Re: Barbarian testing incoming 06/19/2012 11:19 AM CDT
If any Barb or MU needs a test dummy just message me at my AIM grantjr67.

Abison/Rystien
Re: Barbarian testing incoming 06/19/2012 05:50 PM CDT
I had forgotten to add the cost to all of the GLs. This should now be fixed.