Good News Everybody! 09/06/2012 08:03 AM CDT
Prediction is now on test! Well, some of it.

What is Included
The entire core mechanics that divination tools run through (This includes exp, the actual bonus/cursing, tool bonding, conversion of tools to the new system, and a whole slew of other things).
Bones
Align (including split and transmogrify)
Observe (this was not changed at all, but there could be some funny interactions I missed)

What is not Included
Basically anything else. Most notably the entire predict verb is not updated.
Visions are not up to date
Any non-bone tool is not up to date

I haven't actually disabled any of these things so they're going to range from "not working" to "sorta working" to "Will just not interact with the current system nicely". Please avoid using them.

Known Issues
Prediction on Guild only skills doesn't work right now. I'm waiting for some other parts to shift around, so be warned if you try aiming for guild only skills right things are going to break.
Invoke does not yet have a confirmation before removing a bond. I'll be adding this.
The roll verb parses kinda funky in corner cases. You likely won't notice this, but it's something else I need to fix.

For now please limit your testing to observe, align, and divination bones. You can find a few different flavors of bones sitting outside the MM guild in Crossing for all your testing needs.

http://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/The%20Moon%20Mages/The%20Heavens,%20Predictions,%20and%20Divination%20Tools/view/842 discusses many of the changes in the new system.

If you have any questions/comments/concerns/feedback/rotten tomatoes etc please post them in the Test forums. If you find actual bugs please post them in the usual test bug system.

Thanks for testing -- I'm really pleased with how this all turned out, even if we've still got a long way to go.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Moar Prediction! 10/10/2012 12:24 AM CDT
I'll be rolling out the next revision to prediction in a few minutes. Include are:

About a million tiny bug fixes and minor typo corrections (Many commas died this day).

Prediction on guild only skills should work now. Please test this! It's... touchy but I think I've finally worked out all the kinks. Remember that some guild skills changed skill sets (Though I believe only Astrology is relevant here).

Invoke now has a confirmation message for breaking a bond.

Mirrors are fully up to date. Whereas bones were, for the most part, a straightforward conversion mirrors were entirely rewritten both in mechanics and messaging. Aside from the fluff verbs which saw little change almost nothing remains of the old version. They're also notably more abstract and involved than bones and I'm curious to see what people think. The amount of new messaging is staggering (More than double bones) so please let me know if you find any typos, I'm sure some have slipped by me.

Likely other fixes I'm forgetting.

Not Implemented:
The predict verb itself (This is up next)
Bowls
Charts
Prisms
Tokka

I've actually gone ahead and disabled these four tools until they're updated to avoid corruption issues.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose