Testing: Durability 2.0 09/10/2010 08:15 PM CDT
Howdy everyone! The new Durability 2.0 system is about to hit the Test server and it should be opened up soon. This system includes a complete rewrite of all weapon, armor and shield health, repair and damaging mechanics. So, let me explain some of the changes:

1). Items can no longer permanently break, and items previously too broken to repair can now be repaired. Repair times and costs have dropped substantially.

2). All weapons, armor and shields will be automatically converted over to the new system.

3). Items will now gradually wear out with use. When an item incurs over 20% damage it will begin to penalize the user. A cap exists on this penalty, unlike before.

4). While rewriting the health appraisal of items, I also rewrote weapon appraisals to provide more ranges of deadliness.

5). All repair merchants are able to repair items in the new system. They also respond to ASK <person> ABOUT REPAIR ALL – which allows a single repair ticket of all worn/held items that are damaged with a discount to time and cost versus doing items individually.

6). Damage types affecting equipment differently, magic/abilities providing damage protection and field repairs are not scheduled for this release, but aren't too far off.

Phew! Now, here is what I hope to learn from testing –

1). Does equipment wear out too fast, too slow, or just right?
2). Do any bugs or problems exist with the new system?
3). Are the repair vendors easy to use and do the cost and time values make sense?
4). Is repair-coverage lacking anywhere?

I'll post again when I know everything is open for sure.

Thanks for the help with testing this!

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes