Halfling stats help 01/26/2010 09:29 AM CST
Circle 13

Strength : 18 Reflex : 18
Agility : 18 Charisma : 10
Discipline : 16 Wisdom : 12
Intelligence : 12 Stamina : 18

Bout to snag two circles so I need some help allocating stats. I do fine in combat but get tired after swinging an LE for a good while. RT on slice and chop isn't yet at 1sec using a lion claw dagger. Overall I do pretty decent in combat and learning haven't slowed down yet.
Re: Halfling stats help 03/10/2010 03:58 PM CST
Strength : 30 Reflex : 60
Agility : 80 Charisma : 20
Discipline : 38 Wisdom : 50
Intelligence : 50 Stamina : 50

These are my halfing ranger stats, most recently i dumped 8 points into disc, i dont think ill take it above 40 ever because of the cost. The 8 point raise in disc wasnt really noticable in my hiding, but i also havent had any casters try to cast any spells on me recently i'll just assume it helps in that department. I figure for any casters whose spells I can't resist my best bet would be to have better combat stats so I can rape face faster before they can get me disabled or whatever. Probably til the end ill just take advantage of my racials, and boost reflex and stam, probably even take agil to 99. Maybe il find a reason to raise charisma up a bit cause its so cheap in comparison to everything else now. Strength of 30 gives me min RT on a 33 stone scim i think, with the agility i could probably even get away with less on a balanced weapon. I do carry alot of stuff though, so keeping burden down as much as possible is nice. If I could have done it over i probably would have used HE as my primary edge and taken strength slightly higher. I just notice people tend to be more balanced, i was actually min/maxed quite a bit more than this up until my last several circles. Ive actually had 50 int/wis for the past 40 circles or so also. They were probably 20 higher than my next highest stat other than reflex at one point, which I also trained early to help with combats.

I guess after all that my reccomendation: get strength/stam to where its not hindering you in combat, then work on mentals and reflex so you can get TDPs faster, then eventually fill in the other stats when you're mentals are where you are comfortable. All of my planning was based on a theory of trying to get as good as possible as fast as possible. Your plans may be different.
Re: Halfling stats help 03/10/2010 04:01 PM CST
Just take agility to 99. You know you want to.

~ Purehand

"Composed of rock, the gargoyle is a statue come to life at the hand of an ambitious mage." - Construct.
Re: Halfling stats help 03/10/2010 04:05 PM CST
trust me, ive put it in the stat calculator like twice a week :p
Re: Halfling stats help 03/10/2010 04:17 PM CST
why do you need more stamina?
Re: Halfling stats help 03/10/2010 04:30 PM CST
You know i honestly haven't even really had a need for the amount i have in any PvE situation, in fact my 20 stam gnome moonmage does decently in combat. However In PvP situations i feel like what I have has been helpful, and was thinking why not more? Ive taken real nasty hits and assuming there is no arrow lodged in the way (the 10 second RT for that i a totally seperate issue I should complain about) i can close a pretty big hole with my FA. It has made a difference in close matches i think, also given me a real good chance to get away from a fight I was badly out classed in. I have played many other characters, and this is my first one with any decent amount of stam, and I never had issues with any of the others. But this is my first halfling, and stamina is bargain priced.
Re: Halfling stats help 03/10/2010 04:45 PM CST
Hm, okay. Well, in my experience 40 stam is plentiful as I've already died with exploding chests while still retaining something like 20-30% vitality. It's certainly enough to survive long enough with multiple massive bleeders to tend them and run to your empath.
Re: Halfling stats help 03/11/2010 07:54 AM CST
Honestly, the only stat you seem to have neglected is your charisma- and I have reason to believe that is used in some spell contests, and might be used with the companion system. Don't hold your breath on the latter though: While the GMs want to fix it, they have a very long to-do list.

Otherwise, if you use a shield, raise reflex.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Halfling stats help 03/11/2010 09:18 AM CST
>and I have reason to believe that is used in some spell contests

There are many reasons to believe this, such as GMs telling us outright.