Smash and Hide 11/04/2009 02:27 PM CST
Short Version: Human empath, working over constructs with all weapons (low ranks) and training stealth/stealing (Moderate ranks). Should I train strength more for extra smackdown power in combat or agility since I get the stealing and combat benefits. On the side, is it worth really working on taking disc higher for stealth purposes?

Strength : 30 Reflex : 50
Agility : 50 Charisma : 50
Discipline : 60 Wisdom : 50
Intelligence : 50 Stamina : 50

Long Version:

Since empaths can now hunt constructs I invested some TDPs in strength, getting it up to 30 from the original number I am embarassed to mention. I'm wondering if I'm going to see a lot more benefit boosting that up to my other stat levels. I am pretty much training every single weapon since boggles are currently the only fodder unless you can make the jump to guardians.

Also, I raised disc 10 points recently hoping it would help my life with a critter I can barely hide on, but hardly learn from. Unfortunately it made no difference whatsoever, and I still seem to be on the successful hide but instant point border. Is it worth beasting up disc more for stealth purposes or is the boost effectively insignificant?

Basically the only other thing I do is steal. It seems like I basically just get hosed by snake-eyes on that, so I wasn't planning on investing in agility, but with it helping me more in combat now, maybe that's the route to go.

Thanks,

~ Purehand

After a long deliberation, the judge finally says, "Purehand, this court finds you innocent of the charges brought upon you."
Re: Smash and Hide 11/04/2009 03:36 PM CST
30 strength is more than enough* where it concerns combat damage, especially for boggles. I'm killing shalswars with brawling with only 30 strength without much trouble.

I'd definitely recommend Agility for helping your entire spread of training desires in terms of both impact and TDP efficiency.

*For now, pending combat rewrite

RueaDR: It really freaks me out how much fluff people wear
There isn't a limit? I just passed a girl wearing fifteen lines of fluff, I counted!
Included in this was four broaches, two garters, a girdle and a corset
how is that physically possible
Re: Smash and Hide 11/05/2009 10:53 AM CST
>Also, I raised disc 10 points recently hoping it would help my life with a critter I can barely hide on, but hardly learn from. Unfortunately it made no difference whatsoever, and I still seem to be on the successful hide but instant point border. Is it worth beasting up disc more for stealth purposes or is the boost effectively insignificant?

You're going to have to provide more info than this.

Ranks?

Hunting boggles?

Armor?

Range?
Re: Smash and Hide 11/05/2009 11:21 AM CST
In geni
340 hiding, 320 stalking
No armor
No injuries
No shield
day or night, same basic result, although I get away with a search sometimes at night
Melee

I've been on the same cusp for at least 20 ranks. I moved disc from 50-60 and didn't notice any difference at all. Figured a 10 point bonus to a stat would push me over the top since I've had the same results in Geni for so long.

~ Purehand

After a long deliberation, the judge finally says, "Purehand, this court finds you innocent of the charges brought upon you."
Re: Smash and Hide 11/05/2009 11:32 AM CST
I think geni are just freakishly perceptive, for whatever that's worth to you.

You might have better luck in a different hunting area. You don't mention your combats. If you're doing boggles, there are a number of creatures near Shard that might be worth at least investigating, such as the gryphons (I know they'll take you to 400s), shalswar, purifiers, and the like.

I'm trying to catch my weapons up to my brawling in rock guardians now, but I really enjoyed my time hunting the DP. It was so much fun I didn't script it.

I know your dude is super stealing and stealth guy, but maybe if you did P5 and Ilithi for stealing it might still be enough to make it worthwhile?

Also, I can hit rock guardians with weapons in the 100s if I NB them first. So boggles to rock guardians isn't as bad as it sounds, especially with new teaching. (Though hardly ideal). I have no trouble locking LT really quickly using this method at 108 ranks. It actually locks faster than TM.

-- Player of Szrael --

The road to wisdom? -- Well, it's plain
and simple to express:
Err, and err, and err again,
but less, and less, and less.

http://empathunion.com
Re: Smash and Hide 11/06/2009 08:20 AM CST
You will continue to see a benefit. It's more a question of if you want to use heavier weapons, since you're already severely outclassing what you're hunting in agility. Also, carrying around a lot of weapons can be pretty heavy, so the encumbrance bonus from strength is nice.

That said, if I were as big into stealing as you seem to be, I might to agility/discipline more. But don't just neglect strength at 30 because that's what everyone seems to do.
Re: Smash and Hide 11/06/2009 09:35 AM CST
Thanks for the advice all. I think I'll take agil to 60, then strength to 40 and then disc to 70 or something like that. That'll keep me busy a while anyway.

~ Purehand