Stat Training 08/31/2008 08:12 AM CDT
Just need a few comments to see if my stat training plan seems as viable to others as it does to me.

My character is a Kaldar and his current stats are as follows:
Strength : 25 Reflex : 20
Agility : 23 Charisma : 22
Discipline : 20 Wisdom : 22
Intelligence : 20 Stamina : 22

Am currently circle 32, am training everything I need to get to 50th and plan to circle all at once. Don't ask me why, I got it in me to do it that way and stuck with it, am very close as I type.

My first goal upon reaching 50th is to celebrate for he'll be my first char to hit that level. After the initial celebration wears off I then plan to train char/int/wisd/disc all up to 30. Over the next few circles following 50th I am planning on training the physical stats up to 30 as well. Once everything is at 30 I believe he'll be set for a little in the physical stats and really plan to move his mentals up again.

Does this seem viable? Or should I be focusing on physicals at that point to make him able to hunt higher up the creature ladder?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or comments.
Re: Stat Training 08/31/2008 11:15 AM CDT
Please tell us your character's guild and what kind of spells/abilities you use the most, along with what kinds of weapons you may use.

Aveda's Field Guide- http://dr.aveda.googlepages.com
Re: Stat Training 08/31/2008 11:19 AM CDT
My goal by 50th was to have every stat at 30. I actually got my last stat (charisma) to 30 using the TDP's gained from hitting 50th. When I did it and posted on the boards, I learned there are quite a few people who have done that method. Now I am in my 60s, and since I'm a jack-of-all-trades, I work all my stats semi-evenly, in random order, 5 points at a time.

Around 60th I had all stats to 35, and now at 63rd I have strength to 40, and the others are still all at 35. I plan to raise all of them to 40, and re-evaluate at that point. This is with an Elothean. However, I am a weapon freak, and am also going for my death dealer title as a non-barb (great for TDP's, sucks for circling though). Stat-wise, YMMV.

-Master Ndin
Re: Stat Training 08/31/2008 02:49 PM CDT
>However, I am a weapon freak, and am also going for my death dealer title as a non-barb (great for TDP's, sucks for circling though).

It isn't really that great for TDPs when you compare it to the TDPs you could earn by training high level combats and circling. I mean, you end up with a lot of TDPs for your level, but that is somewhat meaningless.

But don't listen to me, I'm training a bunch of weapons too.
Re: Stat Training 08/31/2008 08:26 PM CDT
My char is a cleric. I figure by raising charisma with the mentals I can help him to be a better spell caster. I haven't played with the communes yet, but plan to at 50th. Also charisma will help with Phelim's Sanction which is in my opinion a very underrated spell.

He trains most weapons but with a focus on HE and some other melee weapons at the moment. If it matters he also trains every armor <at the same time> but cloth.

For his spells I focused on ones that can be used on living and undead, unfortunately I do not enjoy training TM overly much. I do not see him as a support cleric, but once he gets rezz he will use it if he needs to.
Stat Training 06/01/2010 06:12 AM CDT
Are the only places for Stat Training: Crossing, Rivherhaven, Shard, Ratha, Aesry, and Hib?

TG, TG, GL, et al.
Also: Moo.
Re: Stat Training 06/01/2010 03:54 PM CDT
Yes
Re: Stat Training 06/01/2010 04:42 PM CDT
I think it would be interesting if some of the clans got some stat training spots. For example, Tiger clan gets agility training, knife clan gets strength, stone clan gets stamina, etc.

Theren could use some stat training spots too.
Re: Stat Training 06/02/2010 12:43 PM CDT
Tiger and Knife clans are very close to Crossing- But it would be very convenient for the Velakan area to get a few training centers.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Stat Training 06/02/2010 05:27 PM CDT
Yeah, I only named the clans near Crossing because I know those off hand. I think places like Raven's point, Ain Ghazal, Ilaya Tapia, etc etc etc should get one or two stat training places each. It would make sense since these are places that were cut off from the main provinces for a long time. Feel free to add more places to this list.

Clans near crossing
Dirge
Greater Fist
Leth
Ilaya Tapia
Ain Ghazal
Raven's Point
Boar Clan
Rossman's Landing
Therenborough
Langenfirth
Muspari
Hvaral
Fornstead
Re: Stat Training 06/02/2010 07:18 PM CDT
For some reason there's an obscure rule about only having 1 stat trainer per province with a few exceptions like Aesry and Ratha. I remember it being brought up before a while ago when someone asked for stat trainers in Theren.
Re: Stat Training 06/03/2010 12:52 PM CDT
>For some reason there's an obscure rule about only having 1 stat trainer per province with a few exceptions like Aesry and Ratha. I remember it being brought up before a while ago when someone asked for stat trainers in Theren.

I think you're right. I think rules like this are silly though. How is there no furrier on M'riss again? Oh right, it would be too profitable.

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.