Stamina 06/23/2008 08:26 AM CDT
I tested out the big-noggin throwing hammer (67stones heavy impact) and was getting hit with a 15% fatigue almost every time. Is there a calc. to find out how many points of stamina I need to drop the hit to a more manageable amount?

Thanks,
Kleis
Re: Stamina 06/23/2008 09:53 AM CDT
>>I tested out the big-noggin throwing hammer (67stones heavy impact) and was getting hit with a 15% fatigue almost every time. Is there a calc. to find out how many points of stamina I need to drop the hit to a more manageable amount?

I remember seeing a post somewhere from Ssra saying that in order to not get a fatigue hit you need the same amount of stamina as the weight of the item (i.e. you'd need 67 stamina to throw the hammer with no fatigue loss). I'm not sure how it scales, but it's a starting point for you.

~Thilan
Re: Stamina 06/23/2008 11:12 AM CDT
It would depend on discipline as well as what RT you were getting as well. At min RT it might require 60+ stamina though, not sure.
Re: Stamina 06/23/2008 11:23 AM CDT
"I remember seeing a post somewhere from Ssra saying that in order to not get a fatigue hit you need the same amount of stamina as the weight of the item (i.e. you'd need 67 stamina to throw the hammer with no fatigue loss). I'm not sure how it scales, but it's a starting point for you."

"It would depend on discipline as well as what RT you were getting as well. At min RT it might require 60+ stamina though, not sure."

Thanks for the the advice both of you, but it actually just confuses me more. This might be a better example, I have 40 stamina and more than that in Discipline and Strength, when throwing with 100% fatigue I get a 15% hit from the Noggin hammer(67 stone?), 10% from the steel hammer (ratha paladin shop 60 stones) and 7% from throwing tassled spears (40 stones)

Thanks,
Kleis
Re: Stamina 06/23/2008 11:42 AM CDT
Here's the post, Kleis. He didn't exactly lay it out like I had thought, but it's what I inferred from reading it.

https://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=20&category=11&topic=2&message=5398

I don't think we'll get anything more specific than "train stamina." :(

~Thilan
Re: Stamina 06/23/2008 11:42 AM CDT
I didn't think Discipline affected fatigue or health. Maybe I'm wrong.

________
"I for one welcome our new Lithping Overlordth."
________
Re: Stamina 06/23/2008 11:54 AM CDT
>I didn't think Discipline affected fatigue or health. Maybe I'm wrong.

Back when we could see the numbers on fatigue it did. It could have changed since then, but I think it is still a factor.

Back then, fatigue pool was discipline + stamina x 2 and fatigue regen was stamina / 5.
Re: Stamina 06/23/2008 02:05 PM CDT
Thanks for that link Thilan, I can see why you would think as you did, but if thats true I would think my fatigue hits from throwing the tassled spears should be less then. I dont know, I just cant seem to get the hang of the fatigue changes and its more noticeable now that I'm tinkering with other throwns.

Thanks,
Kleis
Re: Stamina 06/23/2008 02:55 PM CDT
For reference my cleric throws the 20 stone Arthe Dale spears at 2/3 roundtime with 28 str/24 agil. I don't have the little bar, but I never even see her hit winded with 18 stamina.

~Hanryu Ves'Shomis
Sword of House Calibanor, Emerald Knight, Keeper of the CEC, Ranger
http://drplat.com/CombatEquipmentCompendium.xls
Re: Stamina 07/09/2008 11:52 PM CDT
You could roll a barb... we laugh at fatigue ;)

Every broken enemy will know
That their opponent had to be invincible;
Take a last look around while you're alive,
I'm an indestructible Master of War!
~Disturbed: Indestructible, unofficial Barbarian Theme Song. YouTube it.
Stamina and fatigue. 02/07/2011 09:20 PM CST
Is the Stamina stat the only thing that governs the size of your fatigue pool?

TG, TG, GL, et al.
Re: Stamina and fatigue. 02/07/2011 09:28 PM CST
Discipline also helps.

http://elanthipedia.com/wiki/Fatigue

"We're not "out to get you," we're here to enhance your playing experience with extreme prejudice.," DR-ARMIFER
Re: Stamina and fatigue. 02/07/2011 09:48 PM CST
Thanks. Had those mixed up for some reason.

TG, TG, GL, et al.