Strength Vs. Stamina 01/07/2013 01:09 AM CST
I'm returning to DR after a few years away and noticing that my Barbarian is having some fatigue issues even with light edged weapons. My relevant stats are Str-16 Sta-20 Dis-10. What should I train to help the most with fatigue? Also, from looking at the formula for fatigue, it looks like stamina will only help in 5 level increments, is this correct or outdated?
Re: Strength Vs. Stamina 01/07/2013 01:59 AM CST
Stamina is really the biggest factor for not getting tuckered out.

I would be careful about raising your Strength and Agility too quickly, as it will decrease your weapon RTs, possibly to the point where you are swinging too fast for your fatigue to regenerate. (Sounds like this could be the case already).

Even without knowing your race, I would probably recommend training Stamina up to 25. You don't really need more than that for quite awhile, so you can then focus on other stats after that push.

GENT
Re: Strength Vs. Stamina 01/07/2013 07:32 AM CST
I like 30 as more of an OCD round number,and in 3.0 stamina will be a major part if the vit barrier mechanic, so more important.

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: Strength Vs. Stamina 01/07/2013 03:02 PM CST
fatigue pool: Stamina (with Discipline secondary)

fatigue recovery (per pulse): Stamina

fatigue cost reduction: Stamina (with Strength secondary)

This may change in 3.0, but if you find that your stats aren't working for you in 3.0, you will be able to RESPEC (redo them).

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!
Re: Strength Vs. Stamina 01/23/2013 06:41 PM CST
Man 3.0 stamina hurts..bad. I'm at 35 now after training my extra tdp's from the switch into stamina and I feel like a one-legged old woman with emphysema, carrying around a 100 pound pack in smog city, during the summer, while smoking a cigarette and breathing through a coffee stir-straw.
Re: Strength Vs. Stamina 01/26/2013 04:24 PM CST
Be sure you're waiting a couple of seconds after your weapon RT is done. Kodius just posted that you regain 2/3 of the fatigue cost from doing this.

Also FYI, I tested with 99 stamina in Test, and I was still getting to tired after four swings (if I didn't wait between swings).

-- Player of Eyuve