Not sure which way to go from here. 07/29/2012 09:04 PM CDT
Young Barbarian here. I have 276 TDPs to spend and I'm not quite sure what I should raise.

Strength : 20 Reflex : 27
Agility : 25 Charisma : 12
Discipline : 20 Wisdom : 15
Intelligence : 13 Stamina : 22

I'm an Elf so that has influenced my choices a bit. Reflex is still cheaper for me at 27 than Strength is at 20. But I know I'll need more Strength. Primary weapons are HE and brawling, with 2HE, shortbow and LT not far behind.

I'm not really sure what to do with Mentals these days. I'm way out of touch on the conventional wisdom there (no pun intended.)

So, open to suggestions!
Re: Not sure which way to go from here. 07/29/2012 09:15 PM CDT
If I were you, I wouldn't worry about strength just yet. My primary char in Prime is an elf cleric who mostly fights like a barb, and once she had 20 in strength and stamina, she started bringing up her other stats.

If I were you, I would invest in reflex, agility, and the mentals. If you don't like what you see, you'll be able to rearrange your stats after the latest series of changes finishes coming.

Good luck!

Player of...

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Not sure which way to go from here. 07/29/2012 09:42 PM CDT

Thanks Ryeka (or whatever you go by nowadays; I'll always remember you as Ryeka.)

Sounds just fine to me. I'm a Reflex/Agility junkie already and they're cheap stats for me, of course. So I guess I'll pump those up some more for now. :)

How important do you think it is for me to bring up Int and Wis closer to 20?
Re: Not sure which way to go from here. 07/29/2012 10:34 PM CDT
Generally you can't go wrong just bumping everything to 20. Some stuff will stay there a while, other things will get taken off asap, but that's usually my goal, get all to 20. From there I usually just go in stages, boosting one attribute by 5 points as I can, then another. It's a bit OCD to sieze on the 5 points thing, but meh.

As a bard you have infinite stamina, so can be a bit more lax on that one, but I personally like to have strength a bit higher.

First thing I'd do is get mentals to 20 though. You probably don't need them yet, but honestly you're going to want to boost them sooner or later, and it helps to have them already partially up there.

Or if you want to get weapon RT down, you could focus on those stats.
Re: Not sure which way to go from here. 07/30/2012 05:25 AM CDT
If you plan to use roars at all then you should also raise your charisma. All stats are useful for barbs these days, so I wouldn't ignore anything.
Re: Not sure which way to go from here. 07/30/2012 07:22 PM CDT
Your mentals help with getting the most out of training. No reason to neglect them like that.
Re: Not sure which way to go from here. 07/30/2012 07:42 PM CDT
Mentals are fine at that level. All skills function as primary until 50, and as secondary (excepting primary skills) until 100. You don't really need to start worrying about mentals until 150-200+ ranks I'd wager.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh