The learning curve 02/11/2012 10:07 PM CST

Strength : 28 Reflex : 30
Agility : 30 Charisma : 18
Discipline : 30 Wisdom : 35
Intelligence : 30 Stamina : 29

I haven't played in some time, and forgot what's best route for learning.
Last I recall, intelligence increases how much one can learn, wisdom is how fast
you absorb what you learned, and discipline is a little of both?

Clarity and suggestions on optimal learning stats much appreciated, thanks!
Re: The learning curve 02/11/2012 10:40 PM CST

Yeah it's still kinda the same, with the exp drain on logout int is slightly more beneficial to learning. It takes 8 hours or so to drain i think. If you play for long streatches at a time without a ton of downtime I'd say wisdom is "quite"important as well, but people disagree as they always do here.
Re: The learning curve 02/11/2012 11:20 PM CST
>>Torem: Last I recall, intelligence increases how much one can learn, wisdom is how fast you absorb what you learned, and discipline is a little of both?

Discipline no longer affects the experience system. Otherwise, you are correct. (Experience pulses occur every 200 seconds regardless of wisdom; wisdom just increases the size of the pulse.)

GMs have stated that intelligence and wisdom are equally important. If both stats are equal, and you only have enough TDPs to raise one, you'll benefit more from raising intelligence than wisdom.

More info: http://elanthipedia.org/w/index.php/Experience

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!
Re: The learning curve 02/12/2012 02:12 AM CST
Thanks a ton, those responses were extremely helpful.
Re: The learning curve 03/08/2013 02:12 PM CST
Will you benefit more from INT if you are someone who is not playing all the time? I think the answer to that is yes because you could store up a ton of skill and log out. However, if wisdom is indeed what controls how much you pull per pulse. Would that not be more important to someone who is in game often?

Or is the pulse based on the size of your pool (int) combined with wisdom?
Re: The learning curve 03/08/2013 04:57 PM CST
>>Montollio: Will you benefit more from INT if you are someone who is not playing all the time? I think the answer to that is yes because you could store up a ton of skill and log out. However, if wisdom is indeed what controls how much you pull per pulse. Would that not be more important to someone who is in game often? Or is the pulse based on the size of your pool (int) combined with wisdom?

Intelligence increases pool size. Wisdom increases the percentage of that pool that drains with each pulse.

I keep my intelligence and wisdom about equal, but if I had to prioritize one, it would be intelligence, because it directly affects pool size and indirectly affects pulse size (since the pulse is a fraction of your total pool size).

"[Wisdom's] impact on Drainage Rate will be identical to Intelligence's impact on Pool Size. However, since increasing Pool Size in this new system is slightly better than increasing Drainage Rate, those looking to maximize learning would be better off keeping Int slightly higher than Wis." --DR-Zeyurn

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!