Therenborough pleading innocent 05/03/2011 12:44 PM CDT
Is it just impossible to plead innocent in Therenborough? I came back awhile ago from a months long stay in Shard, and have yet to be able to plead innocent once. Most places, especially if I haven't been stealing there recently, I can get off at least 60-70%, of the time.

TG, TG, GL, et al.
Re: Therenborough pleading innocent 05/03/2011 04:12 PM CDT
Theren might have a skewer against you if you're a non-human as well as all the other things that factor into it.

Just a thought?

__
AIM: Ysselt
Questioning your choice to roll up a Necromancer? Here is a handy flowchart. Totally Xerasyth approved.

http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Ysselt/Necroflowchart
Re: Therenborough pleading innocent 05/03/2011 07:36 PM CDT
With a mid-30's level thief roughly two months ago, I successfully plead innocent 7 times in a row. The only reason I remember such specific details is I realized I never had a guilty verdict for the month or so I was in the Theren/Lang area.

Human Thief with 20 charisma, and the charges were always pilfering only. All the arrests were active arrests, meaning I did not surrender.

Granted, that is a lot of very, very lucky rolls, but it is certainly possible.
Re: Therenborough pleading innocent 05/03/2011 08:21 PM CDT
That's exceedingly aggravating as a 95th thief. Argh. If it's a Human thing, that can't be overcome with over 2x the charisma, that's upsetting.

TG, TG, GL, et al.
Re: Therenborough pleading innocent 05/03/2011 08:27 PM CDT
I would assume that the magnitude of the crime is also involved somehow. That is, it's probably easier to plead innocent after getting caught stealing something worth a silver than it is after getting caught stealing something worth a plat or more.
Re: Therenborough pleading innocent 05/03/2011 08:59 PM CDT
>I would assume that the magnitude of the crime is also involved somehow. That is, it's probably easier to plead innocent after getting caught stealing something worth a silver than it is after getting caught stealing something worth a plat or more.

I believe this is the case. As well as how many times you've "recently" been caught.

Though, by caught I'm not sure if it means Guilty only or if you are still jailed and found innocent it counts against you.

__
AIM: Ysselt
Questioning your choice to roll up a Necromancer? Here is a handy flowchart. Totally Xerasyth approved.

http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Ysselt/Necroflowchart