Jail and Bonded Items 08/01/2016 09:12 AM CDT
So every time I get arrested and jailed, all my bonded items break and whenever I try to invoke anything every single bonded item breaks. I get a copy of it in my hand that I then can't wear because I'm already wearing it and have to sit around in queue to get it fixed. This has been happening on and off for at least half a year now and always is maddening because I literally can't do anything thanks to being unable to stow anything.

Since we have been talking about how this system also screws with gweth charges even if found innocent, maybe a better system can be created that would solve some of these issues overall? Now that more and more items are being bonded and systems are being created this might help a lot with both items and gweth charges and make stealing not the chore it is.
Re: Jail and Bonded Items 08/01/2016 10:30 AM CDT

> So every time I get arrested and jailed, all my bonded items break and whenever I try to invoke anything every single bonded item breaks. I get a copy of it in my hand that I then can't wear because I'm already wearing it and have to sit around in queue to get it fixed. This has been happening on and off for at least half a year now and always is maddening because I literally can't do anything thanks to being unable to stow anything.

Are you saying that by invoking a bond in the jail system you're duplicating items?
Re: Jail and Bonded Items 08/01/2016 01:33 PM CDT
> Are you saying that by invoking a bond in the jail system you're duplicating items?

It doesn't really actually duplicate the item, at least I don't think so. It just invokes a fake copy into my hands that I then can't do anything with until a GM fixes them. This has happened to me multiple times and with the slightly dwindling staff it takes long and longer to get fixed. I'm kind of surprised I'm the only one having these issues, I'm going to assume that it must have to do with a combination of jail, SRE, and bonding if others aren't running into this.
Re: Jail and Bonded Items 08/01/2016 07:29 PM CDT
Have you tried the INVFIX command? It sometimes will fix wierd items.

Weapons for Sale:
https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/User:CARAAMON#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Jail and Bonded Items 08/02/2016 12:22 AM CDT
While this van be a solution, the timer on using it often makes INVFIX an impractical solution many times, unfortunately.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Jail and Bonded Items 08/02/2016 01:09 AM CDT
So... this may be a crazy suggestion, but until a solution can be implemented how about NOT invoking your bonded items until you're out of jail?

-Raesh

"It was wise enough to know itself, and brave enough to BE itself, and wild enough to change itself while somehow staying altogether true." ― The Slow Regard of Silent Things
Re: Jail and Bonded Items 08/02/2016 07:35 AM CDT
> So... this may be a crazy suggestion, but until a solution can be implemented how about NOT invoking your bonded items until you're out of jail?

Crazy suggestion because that isn't what is happening. I mean this normally is happening hours after I get in jail and cleared and then type invoke to get back a thrown weapon in combat and suddenly have all my items jumping into my hands instead of the weapon.
Re: Jail and Bonded Items 08/02/2016 07:38 AM CDT
> INVFIX

Tried it every time and each time it has taken a GM to fix it. Luckily I found that I just have to have the copy in my left hand and then try to take off the original copy with hold and then it combines them and I can actually put my stuff on again. It at least fixed all the items this time.
Re: Jail and Bonded Items 08/02/2016 01:51 PM CDT

This same thing has happened to me just now - Got arrested in Shard, was innocent, came out, opened the sack, looked in it, I'm wearing everything, fine. Off I go to hunt, 5 minutes in, I try to invoke my axe, and I get my kanton pouch in my hard, try it again, I get my hollows eve claw gift in my hand.... Now my axe is on the floor, and my hands are full...

Eventually get all my items together, hit assist.... get nothing.... hit report.... get nothing....

Having read this thread, I've semi managed to fix it I think, thanks for that advice on holding things in the left hand, but surely fixing the issue in the system is better?
Re: Jail and Bonded Items 08/02/2016 03:20 PM CDT
Get rid of arrests entirely. Only do fines and don't strip the items.

No player is at risk of seriously losing his/her gear anyway.

Solves all the problems. You could even increase the fines.
Re: Jail and Bonded Items 08/02/2016 03:22 PM CDT
> Get rid of arrests entirely. Only do fines and don't strip the items.

I agree here, and the two things don't have to be mutually exclusive. Get rid of the manacles. Don't strip the items.
Re: Jail and Bonded Items 08/02/2016 03:34 PM CDT
> I agree here, and the two things don't have to be mutually exclusive. Get rid of the manacles. Don't strip the items.

I get the RP point that they don't want these dangerous members of the adventuring class geared up and ready to cause trouble, but you could even have an event where Paladins and whatever else are able to basically make permanent banner areas that protect the peace without doing the strange manacle-item code.
Re: Jail and Bonded Items 08/02/2016 03:36 PM CDT
Make the manacles a general-worn item that also force-hides everything else, and keep the person perma-"immobilized" while jailed.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.