Non-Necro Social Corruption 07/28/2015 09:19 AM CDT

I understand the following is all as intended. Just looking for a time frame. Got arrested for sorcery research backfire, then arrested on balance check while going to pay my debt. Got out of dodge, but arrested again tryng to heal in Hib. Gweth SC hit asking for empath. Any ideas on how many days I need to log in to drain this SC before I'm back able to use town services and normal play style?

Jalika
Re: Non-Necro Social Corruption 07/28/2015 11:39 AM CDT

>> I understand the following is all as intended. Just looking for a time frame. Got arrested for sorcery research backfire, then arrested on balance check while going to pay my debt. Got out of dodge, but arrested again tryng to heal in Hib. Gweth SC hit asking for empath. Any ideas on how many days I need to log in to drain this SC before I'm back able to use town services and normal play style?

Social corruption vs social outrage is a little less known but here is some some SO info.

You need to wait until you are at least under 50% social outrage. Any time you use a town service and get caught SO goes up. Try using the justice verb, it should tell you if you are above 50% or not.

Social outrage drains for 2.5 hours per day.

I would guess at least one week since you got hit so many times. (Assuming social corruption trains the same as social outrage.)

Withdrawal/pay debt always works even under SO, don't use check balance.
Re: Non-Necro Social Corruption 07/28/2015 11:45 AM CDT
>> I understand the following is all as intended. Just looking for a time frame. Got arrested for sorcery research backfire, then arrested on balance check while going to pay my debt. Got out of dodge, but arrested again tryng to heal in Hib. Gweth SC hit asking for empath. Any ideas on how many days I need to log in to drain this SC before I'm back able to use town services and normal play style?

So I just went through this exact same sequenece in Shard a week or two ago, I had to wait for about 6 hours total game time before Justice stopped telling me people thought I was a necromancer. After that, I waited another full hour before going back into town.

Also I think the 2.5 hours per day drain is only for necromancers, I believe non-necros continue to drain even after 2.5 hours.
Re: Non-Necro Social Corruption 07/28/2015 12:36 PM CDT
>>Also I think the 2.5 hours per day drain is only for necromancers, I believe non-necros continue to drain even after 2.5 hours.

AFAIK the 2.5 (or whatever the time is) is just a compression of the drain they want necros to get per day, and it's compressed so necros don't feel obligated to stay logged in AFK to drain each day to maximize their drain.

While non necros may drain more or differently during that time limit, I would be surprised if they'd drain for more than the same amount of time.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this placere-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Non-Necro Social Corruption 07/28/2015 05:24 PM CDT
Social Corruption is a completely different tract from Social Outrage and they drain and operate in completely different ways.

Provided you don't do more things to lengthen the timer it shouldn't take longer than a few hours to the better part of a day at the outside for a non-Necromancer to lose their Social Corruption. JUSTICE will also tell you when it's gone. I believe this is always accurate for non-Necros, whereas actual Necromancers can't be certain of when towns stop being on "high alert." I might be wrong on that point.

Thayet
Follow @thayelf on Twitter for absolutely nothing of any value whatsoever!
Re: Non-Necro Social Corruption 07/28/2015 06:14 PM CDT
>>JUSTICE will also tell you when it's gone.

This will be your friend.
Re: Non-Necro Social Corruption 07/28/2015 07:08 PM CDT
>>Social Corruption is a completely different tract from Social Outrage and they drain and operate in completely different ways.

I would be very surprised if they're different to the point where the drain mechanics for social corruption encourages someone to stick around AFK 24/7 as opposed to the 1 day's worth of draining taking place in 2.5 hours (or whatever the Social Outrage timer is) that the default system has.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Non-Necro Social Corruption 07/28/2015 07:11 PM CDT
It is, because it's a) not meant to last as long as SO does (generally it's gone within an hour) and b) not meant to be a serious Thing that non-Necromancers have to deal with, even if they're throwing sorcery around in town.

Now whether it should be that way is up for debate. Personally I think SO should be a thing everyone has to deal with, but I doubt I'll win that battle.

Thayet
Follow @thayelf on Twitter for absolutely nothing of any value whatsoever!
Re: Non-Necro Social Corruption 07/28/2015 07:18 PM CDT
>>It is, because it's a) not meant to last as long as SO does (generally it's gone within an hour) and b) not meant to be a serious Thing that non-Necromancers have to deal with, even if they're throwing sorcery around in town.

I agree that it's not as severe (and I kinda wish it could be too!), but I don't know if that means players have infinite amounts of drain of Social Corruption per day unlike a finite amount of Social Outrage per day (which is essentially 24 hours worth of drain compressed into a smaller timeframe).

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Non-Necro Social Corruption 07/28/2015 08:05 PM CDT

Help Outrage 2 specifically.

When you get busted for forbidden practices, you get the bright yellow warning and told to read Help Outrage for what to do next.

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing me at DR-Annwyl@play.net.