Out for Justice. 01/29/2013 04:53 AM CST

So I was teaching Sorcery over in rock trolls and when we left there, I was arrested in Kaerna for teaching sorcery. I was found guilty and ended up in the crossing guard house. I went to the collection office to pay my debt and on the way back to get my stuff I was arrested AGAIN even though this time I wasn't teaching sorcery anymore. Now, I know when I got arrested in Kaerna it said I would also be wanted in Crossing for teaching sorcery but if I ended up in the crossing guard house they must have already known I was guilty of it and could have simply double fined me or something instead of arresting me twice. That's just annoying.
Re: Out for Justice. 01/29/2013 05:48 AM CST
I believe what you're seeing is a combination of two 3.0 changes.

Change 1 is that teaching Sorcery in justice areas will get you charged with forbidden practices.

Change 2 is that any charge of forbidden practices will give you some social corruption - meaning you'd be make like a necromancer and avoid town for a few hours.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Out for Justice. 01/31/2013 07:12 AM CST

Okay, that makes sense except for the part that when you get arrested the first time it puts you in jail in crossing and then you immediately get arrested.
Re: Out for Justice. 01/31/2013 07:13 AM CST
Can you provide a log please?

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Out for Justice. 01/31/2013 02:39 PM CST
>> Can you provide a log please?

I've seen this happen before with stealing if you get arrested as you are stealing 2nd time. So while inside the jail you get the message that "You were caught stealing."

Maybe it's related to this and perhaps a teaching pulse and/or sorcery drain? (Although a log would help :P)
Re: Out for Justice. 02/01/2013 09:00 AM CST
I don't actually keep logs but it might be related to the fact that when I got arrested in Kaerna, one of the people who arrested me said something to the effect of 'you're also going to be wanted in crossing' so I'm wondering if the first arrest happens and then you get put on the board in crossing after the fact. All I know is that i grabbed my bag of stuff off the table in the jail house and immediately got arrested again.