Crafting Halls and Justice 02/08/2012 08:18 PM CST
Could we get the crafting halls added to the local justice system (and use standard shop mechanics?) It would REALLY be helpful for my thief, as it'd be another 2 or 3 shops to learn stealing from on Ratha (and more as more craft halls are deployed).

TG, TG, GL, et al.
Re: Crafting Halls and Justice 02/08/2012 08:42 PM CST
No, then necromancers who want to craft would be exposed.
Re: Crafting Halls and Justice 02/08/2012 08:52 PM CST
awww poor necromancers.... :(

If anything the places where you BUY stuff should have JUSTICE turned on so the items are steal-able.

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: Crafting Halls and Justice 02/12/2012 12:15 AM CST
A thread was moved here.

Zairyche
DragonRealms Board Monitor

If you have questions or comments, please email me at (Mod-Zairyche@play.net) or Senior Board Monitor Sidatura at (DR-
Sidatura@play.net) or Message Board Supervisor Annwyl (DR-
Annwyl@play.net).
Re: Crafting Halls and Justice 02/12/2012 06:47 AM CST
what i'd rather see is "thief justice" in the craft halls. In other words, not connected with the rest of the justice system. If they catch you.... they dispense their own justice <that way thieves <guilded or not> could still risk it - but it would be like follows - if caught - <naturally, guilded thieves would be able to "mark" the item.

(anyForge)

The Forgemaster comes barreling down the hall, and sticks your hands into the red hot forge <would break both hands>. You get the feeling that stealing from someone holding a red hot poker is not such a good idea.

<anyOutfitter>

The tailor comes running at you, and pokes both of your eyes out with knitting needles. Ouch! You don't want to steal from them again very soon....

<anyEngineer>

The Engineer starts throwing stones at you, building up a quick cresendo when he reaches your knees <would break both legs>. You get an idea that stealing from this shop wasn't such a good idea...

Moreso, I think the problem is that these shops are "order" shops somewhat akin to "menu" type-shops, where pilfering is not yet possible. I.e. the estate-holder furniture are not stealable for the same reason. Although walking out of a shop carrying a sofa in your pockets would be rather noticable. :-) <although my character did manage to steal a tree from one of the estate holder shops before they made it non-stealable :-)> Always wanted a tree. Ever since GM-Gonk used to walk around carrying one... But its the same way with trying to steal from the peddlar in Riverhaven, or any of the shamans/etc that sell bead-carving materials. Can't steal from them either.

Preces meae non sunt dignae;Sed tu bonus fac benigne;Ne perenni cremer igne [Dies Irae]