Arena Creatures 08/12/2007 01:07 PM CDT

A multi-guild system that begins with rangers being able to capture live animals in cage traps that are set out in any wilderness area. When a trap is placed on the ground it is seen simply as a trap line. when looked upon, one can see a series of traps (1 to 4) and their contents. Small traps can be carried empty or full by hand but it cannot fit in any container. Large traps can be carried empty, but when loaded only a traders caravan can be used for transport. The trader now can negotiate the catch and sell it accordingly.

The main buyer of the creatures is the arena where they are sold to prospective warriors of any guild for a steep cost. The combatant may have up to three companions to assist in the battle. All creatures have their full fighting capabilities and idiosyncrasies making it the ultimate training program.

Creature training offered in the arena would surely attract attention and at times draw good crowds of spectators and gamblers. Perhaps door fees could be included for those 'special' events.

-Xixist Forestwolf-Delaevan
Kill in Peace
Re: Arena Creatures 08/13/2007 01:48 PM CDT
I've never had the least interest in the Arena system before. This would do it for me.

-/\/\
Moon mage Daellid
Re: Arena Creatures 08/18/2007 10:48 AM CDT
I was suddenly reminded of Jurassic Park Lost World when the T-Rex escapes and briefly runs through the city eating dogs, people, and taxis.

-THE Noob

Holy father - holy ghost
Who's the one who hurts you most
Rock the cradle when you cry
Scream another lullaby
Re: Arena Creatures 01/11/2008 08:10 AM CST
Sweet idea, that reminds me of the arena in the Golden Saucer in FF7 that you go to to get Cloud's ultimate limit break.

__
We are still discussing options and we are still trying to find the best plan we can that will not bring about the end of the world as we all know it. Well, that isn't necessarily accurate. The world as you know it will end.
Re: Arena Creatures 04/16/2008 02:59 PM CDT
It would be truly awesome to have creature combat in an arena setting, a la the gladiatorial games of classical times. It'd be amusing to go watch, gamble on, and even participate. People could square off against the challenges in the arena and be compared against a "standard." I just think it'd be super nifty. In short.