Just Wondering... 11/10/2002 04:50 PM CST
How do empaths get paid for manning the Infirmary?

Dellica
Re: Just Wondering... 11/11/2002 03:07 AM CST
The folks fighting need to bring in coins. The last two times I was there and there were a bunch of matches going on I gave each empath a plat before the fighting started.

Grungy
Re: Just Wondering... 11/27/2002 08:35 PM CST
For every Empath on duty its different, which is where the problem comes in. Me, I can get anything from a few gems to nothing. Usually tipping is left up to the person who is being healed. I go by this: If your a young one to the realms and can't really spare anything I will heal you, because most of these lil ones tell you in advance. Otherwise I take whatever tip I'm given which gets put towards what I need. Also I judge on how hurt the person I'm healing is. I'm sure almost every empath has been in a situation where your healing someone with 4 bleeders and it can get dangerous. People don't understand that for every wound you get, we have to take 3 more with it. So really with one bad bleeder, we have to take the internal, external, and then internal and external scars. But anyways back to the topic. So lets say I heal some guy who got REALLY beat up..like some Rockies walked over him 4 times. I heal him up really well and now I'm really really beat up and will have to take extra time to heal myself. Don't you think that a good solid tip is in order? at least a gold unless they can spare some boxes (which by the way is a REALLY nice way to tip an empath, helps us with out survival)or don't make enough so they spare what they can. If he just walks out, I consider that kind of mean since I just saved him from death and let him go on with his hunting. I think there should be some kind of set tip of an empath's touch or at least a bare minimum of something! Most of us are not greedy, we just want to see some sort of graditude, and I must say that my favorite is a few silver and a hug, which always brightens my day. Really, most of us Empaths are Empaths because we love the feeling of helping people, and its nice to see that people appreciate what we do for them.
~Villya