Suggestions 11/06/2002 12:09 PM CST
First of all, let me say that I love the new arena, and I've never been into sparring at all. It's a great, IC place to watch blood get spilled, and it makes a clean, fair fight for those who choose to be the gladiators.

That said, I have a list of suggestions:

1) The whole INVITE usage is pretty neat, but it gets annoying when people are just wandering around trying to poke their heads into places. There should be a door in each room that toggles the need for inviting -- if it's open, anyone can come in, if not, they must be invited. If this is possible, that is. If not, I might just strip the inviting from most of the rooms and leave a few that are more private boxes.

2) Wrestling matches. Let the Empaths enjoy the facilities, and allow those who want to avoid outright blood a means to do so! Set up a way to do single combat to the pin.

3) Perhaps allow viewing of the arenas from the infirmary/ready room? It would be nice for the healers/raisers or those getting ready to go up to be able to watch.

4) Put some distinguishing markers on the doors so it's a little easier to find the city-room you're looking for? It could just be something like when you look at the door, you see the great tree of Leth engraved into it, etc.

5) Make a way for crowd folks to cheer for competitors? Like, maybe a CHEER BLUE verb that you can use only once every 30 seconds to cheer the Blue Champion on. On the field the champs would get, "You hear someone in the crowd cheering loudly for the Blue Champion!" A lot of these in quick succession would indicate a large fan base due to the timer.

Also, let me put my vote in for the single fee to get into the building and the putting the clothes back on you when you leave instead of in a sack (that's just darned annoying).

Again, great job! Woohoo, carnage!

~Serienna
Re: Suggestions 11/06/2002 01:01 PM CST
<<4) Put some distinguishing markers on the doors so it's a little easier to find the city-room you're looking for? It could just be something like when you look at the door, you see the great tree of Leth engraved into it, etc.>>

This is already done, try <look door>. I don't remember off hand what it says exactly but it does at least give you a hint or clue which box it is.

Tezirite Broughon

P.S. I love the arena system, played a little in it last night and plan to be there quite often getting my rear handed to me.
Re: Suggestions 11/06/2002 02:42 PM CST
With reguards to the invite thing, I believe you can PEER DOOR and you will look inside and see whoever might be in there. That will also let you know what room the door leads to.
Re: Suggestions 11/06/2002 07:24 PM CST
I stand corrected on the invite issue! I thought I checked, but I guess not, eh? Thanks for pointing out both the writing on the doors and the peering ability to me. Two more ways for me to enjoy the arena.

~Serienna -- still cheering for carnage