Depart 11/14/2010 11:37 AM CST
If u depart full do u keep your sword you were hunting with that dropped?
Re: Depart 11/14/2010 11:38 AM CST
>If u depart full do u keep your sword you were hunting with that dropped?

Nope, that's why bonding potions for weapons you really like are useful.

Khorgar ~ Bonds his favorite weapons.
Re: Depart 11/14/2010 12:06 PM CST
>>Discoteq21: If u depart full do u keep your sword you were hunting with that dropped?

You keep whatever you are wearing or holding when you depart, but any items that are on the ground will remain on the ground.

>>DR-Raesh: Somehow I think we're better off having people occasionally burn a few extra favors as opposed to lose everything.

I agree.

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!
Re: Depart 11/14/2010 12:07 PM CST
Bonding potions will only really be useful when the work like a paladins ability when they die and the items stay in their hands.

Wanderer Larze
Emptor Ravidail

Re: Depart 11/14/2010 12:27 PM CST
>Bonding potions will only really be useful when the work like a paladins ability when they die and the items stay in their hands

I don't see why you'd say that. It takes a moment to type invoke bond and then depart items.

Khorgar ~ Guessing he's clueless.
Re: Depart 11/14/2010 12:51 PM CST
because a Disco death you still lose the weapon. i've lost one that way already
Re: Depart 11/14/2010 03:25 PM CST
>because a Disco death you still lose the weapon. i've lost one that way already

Yep. Between that and the inability to unbond an item after you bond it, I've not gotten any bonding potions. I just buy spares.

-pete
Re: Depart 11/15/2010 10:57 PM CST
>And if it didn't do the highest possible depart, we'd get complaints from players who auto departed (say after disconnecting or whatnot) and lost everything, despite having the favors to burn.

This.

I had an auto-depart because I grabbed a friend's weapon after they got disconnected and died, forgetting about graverobbing mechanics. I went AFK to wait for them to come back and when I got back realized that I had auto-departed due to having 0 spirit when dieing.

I'm very glad it was a depart full.
Re: Depart 11/16/2010 08:07 AM CST
there would be some way of preventing that - if it would ask you a question once it autodeparts you. that way if you were disconnected it would automatically do the depart full as you experienced, but if you're around to see it and prevent it, it would give you some leeway so you could choose to only do the regular depart. spirit deaths really suck by the way. :-(.

You've seen life through distorted eyes;You know you had to learn;The execution of your mind;You really had to turn;,the book is read,The end begins to show,The truth is out, the lies are old, But you don't want to know - Black Sabbath

Re: Depart 11/16/2010 08:19 AM CST
Depart full is a god send , a long time ago I lost my trail blazers badge on an auto depart due to a massive lag spike/crash, and that just sucked.

Some things you just can't replace.

Buuwl
Re: Depart 11/16/2010 01:10 PM CST
>>there would be some way of preventing that - if it would ask you a question once it autodeparts you. that way if you were disconnected it would automatically do the depart full as you experienced, but if you're around to see it and prevent it, it would give you some leeway so you could choose to only do the regular depart. spirit deaths really suck by the way. :-(.<<

The game shouldn't need to hold your hand for you. Ask the cleric for a vigil if you die right after being raised. There are options. You chose to not use them. A friend of mine recently died almost immediately after departing and still had 8 minutes before he autodeparted. You have plenty of time to hit depart items, even if it's a minute before you autodepart. It's on you, not the game.
Re: Depart 11/16/2010 01:18 PM CST
<<spirit deaths really suck by the way. :-(.

Near instant auto-depart on spirit deaths is going away.

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=20&category=22&topic=1&message=213

Specifically:
<<(Note on Spirit Deaths: Players will no longer decay immediately. However, Resurrection and Murrula's Flames will not work on you if you died a spirit death. Similarly, deaths by Harm Evil or Harm Horde will prevent a necromancer's Spiteful Rebirth.)

-Evran

"RAGE + TEAR + EYE + RESO + HARM + DRUM + MISD + PRIDE + Your choice of Cyclic + AoE stun/knockdown as needed without losing buffs = OMG! I just crapped my pants!" -Evran
Re: Depart 11/16/2010 05:44 PM CST
No, no, no, no, no, no, no.

The current depart mechanics are the best we've ever had. We don't need options, and no one cares about the 2 favors you lost. Seriously. Because you'd be the first one to complain if you lost your runestone-studded kalag's ghost katar due to an afk autodepart. So let's just drop this issue, ok?

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.
Re: Depart 11/16/2010 08:34 PM CST
))))))))The current depart mechanics are the best we've ever had. We don't need options, and no one cares about the 2 favors you lost. Seriously. Because you'd be the first one to complain if you lost your runestone-studded kalag's ghost katar due to an afk autodepart. So let's just drop this issue, ok?((((((

Man I can't agree more with this...
Re: Depart 11/17/2010 02:48 AM CST
>you lost your runestone-studded kalag's ghost katar

I lost that. I want it back please.

Kaeta Airtag

>>Actually an opinion cannot be changed or corrected. Nice try back of line.-VERATHOR
>>But it can be wrong.-Starlear
Re: Depart 11/17/2010 05:58 AM CST
<<if you lost your runestone-studded kalag's ghost katar>>

1. this was in plat - kalag the black didn't die in plat
2. my barbarian couldn't care a fig about runestones, not does she even know who kalag is, IC-wise. so stop trying to project one characters viewpoint- particularly one in another game instance -- on all of them.

had i known she was going to die that quick, i would have vigiled. the point is, i was counting on the herbs to heal the internals enough so that the empath would have been able to get her back to vitality. but she auto-departed before i had any indication that it was going to be that short a time.

You've seen life through distorted eyes;You know you had to learn;The execution of your mind;You really had to turn;,the book is read,The end begins to show,The truth is out, the lies are old, But you don't want to know - Black Sabbath

Re: Depart 11/17/2010 11:46 AM CST
That's still on you. It tells you how long you have when you die.
Re: Depart 11/17/2010 03:28 PM CST
I've moved my reply to conflicts. But I will say, in complaining about this one incident, you're missing the bigger picture.

>but she auto-departed before i had any indication that it was going to be that short a time.

Maybe this is what you should be complaining about.

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.
Re: Depart 11/17/2010 10:37 PM CST
It's been awhile since I played my cleric, but I recall that if you PERCEIVE {CORPSE}, it tells you how long before auto-decay... It's been a feature for as long as I can remember, and my cleric used to perceive corpses as a standard action prior to rejuve.

This is, of course, in addition to the very obvious death messaging that tells a player how long that corpse has before autodeparting.

So there's PLENTY of opportunities that were provided that it seemed the player failed to take advantage of.

That being said, I don't like the short duration of spirit deaths and would HAPPILY see it go away. :(
Re: Depart 11/18/2010 09:18 PM CST
I agree about dropping the point, but I do have the mechanic question of "How long till auto-depart? If this varies, what are the reasons and req's for variation?" I've honestly not auto-departed before ever, so this new needs a little light shed on it for me.

"It's part of the whole unnatural abominations upon Elanthia deal."

-Armifer
Re: Depart 11/18/2010 09:43 PM CST
>>Zefnar: I agree about dropping the point, but I do have the mechanic question of "How long till auto-depart? If this varies, what are the reasons and req's for variation?"

The amount of time you have depends on your spirit health, which is determined by your charisma, discipline, wisdom, and intelligence.

Re: Depart 11/19/2010 01:16 PM CST
>The amount of time you have depends on your spirit health, which is determined by your charisma, discipline, wisdom, and intelligence.
if memory serves from earlier testing, it took 15-20 seconds for auto-depart from a spirit death (I.E. 0% spirit).

I only used one character since depart time wasn't what I was testing so it's possible lesser stats will cause a shorter time, but I think it's unlikely.

Tachid smugly exclaims, "Die midget!"
Re: Depart 11/19/2010 01:29 PM CST
>>KASRKYN: I only used one character since depart time wasn't what I was testing so it's possible lesser stats will cause a shorter time, but I think it's unlikely.

I was referring to the size of your spirit pool, and therefore how long you have between death and auto-departing. I've never auto-departed, so I don't know how long of a grace period you get between spirit death and auto-depart.

Re: Depart 11/19/2010 03:17 PM CST
>I've never auto-departed, so I don't know how long of a grace period you get between spirit death and auto-depart.
On Kasrkyn, 15-20 seconds from spirit death to auto-depart.

If auto-depart has a flat minimum time, it'll be that long for others. If the minimum time is based on something else then more testing would need to be done.

I'd side with it being a flat minimum and everyone's got the same time, but I just want to be clear that I didn't test that aspect of auto-depart and is more of incedental info I noted in case someone wanted to perform a real test on it.

Re: Depart 11/19/2010 03:32 PM CST
I've auto-departed a lot in the recent past, in connection with the chrysalis event in Therengia. The time to auto-depart from spirit death seems to depend on how far off the next pulse of "is it time for auto-depart to kick in on anybody?" is. Sometimes it would only take seconds for the auto-depart to hit, though others it was closer to a minute or so.

That said, I didn't strictly or scientifically test it, so take what I say with a grain of salt. It's probably heavily laden with a nonobjective perspective based on what was happening around me at the time.

Ogdaro
"Take chances and see what you can get away with, it only costs you a favor or two if you mess up." -Issus
Minimum Depart Time 05/10/2011 06:37 PM CDT
Can there be a bottom cap higher than 0 minutes for depart time?

Even making it 3-5 minutes would be nice. This way, if someone dies of a spirit death, it's not a mad race to pick the depart type they want to use and gives a bit of leeway to those with lag and/or non-robust scripting powers.

"We're not "out to get you," we're here to enhance your playing experience with extreme prejudice.," DR-ARMIFER
Re: Minimum Depart Time 05/10/2011 08:27 PM CDT
45(ish) seconds isn't to bad, and Auto-Depart will default to the option that won't lose stuff as long as you have the favors to use that option. The down side is if you're carrying pocket change, it will choose an option to save coins(either Coins or Full).

Re: Minimum Depart Time 05/10/2011 09:30 PM CDT
>45(ish) seconds isn't to bad, and Auto-Depart will default to the option that won't lose stuff as long as you have the favors to use that option.

Some of us don't have this as an option. Mostly though, with spirit death looking like it's going to be a lot more common in the future, an increase in the timer would maybe be a nice thing.
Re: Minimum Depart Time 05/11/2011 08:41 AM CDT
Train more magic! Unless SRE requires full prep :(

http://elanthipedia.com/wiki/Post:Tentative_Magic_3.0_Cleric_Spell_List_-_10/7/2010_-_14:53:55
>>(Note on Spirit Deaths: Players will no longer decay immediately. However, Resurrection and Murrula's Flames will not work on you if you died a spirit death. Similarly, deaths by Harm Evil or Harm Horde will prevent a necromancer's Spiteful Rebirth.)

Not sure what Grejuva meant by immediate, but it sounds like the length of auto-depart will be lengthened since it's not immediate now.

Re: Minimum Depart Time 05/11/2011 09:07 AM CDT
<<(Note on Spirit Deaths: Players will no longer decay immediately. However, Resurrection and Murrula's Flames will not work on you if you died a spirit death. >>

that sort of sucks. The only time i've incurred a spirit death have been on two characters. The first was doing the old rez quest as a cleric. it was pretty quick then.

The second was as a necro becoming forsaken. Then the time was zero. and immediate.

If this is to become more frequent, other than doing quests and such, SRE won't work anyway, although it would be useful in times when you are fighting critters that use that type of attack and you end up in dialup hell of lagtime between typing in commands and having a response.

Re: Minimum Depart Time 05/11/2011 09:23 AM CDT
>>Train more magic! Unless SRE requires full prep :(

While SRE is technically a spell, you activate it like you would any other kind of depart mechanic, and it's instant.

The issue is more "if you die a spirit death but lag out or anything else that would make hard for you to auto-respond somehow."

>>Not sure what Grejuva meant by immediate, but it sounds like the length of auto-depart will be lengthened since it's not immediate now.

Well that's good to know! If there's a bit of time before memory loss/decay/etc, that would do even more than what I was suggesting.

>> If this is to become more frequent, other than doing quests and such, SRE won't work anyway

You can SRE with a spirit death. Dying from certain holy attacks like Harm Evil is what shuts off SRE.

"We're not "out to get you," we're here to enhance your playing experience with extreme prejudice.," DR-ARMIFER