Suggestion: Toggle To Hide Own Death Messaging 02/01/2019 04:38 PM CST
About a year ago Javac created a new toggle that would allow players to make their death messaging display the exact room that they died in. That was a great change for people who want a better chance of getting rescued or otherwise interacted with with they die. I'd like to suggest an additional toggle option: the ability to prevent my death messaging from showing up to other people at all, or at least make my death message anonymous.

I think this toggle would be a boon to anyone who doesn't want to broadcast their own demise to the world at large, but I'm also specifically requesting it as the player of a necromancer. In fact, I'll go ahead and suggest an alternative necromancer-only approach as well: make a metaspell for either Spiteful Rebirth or Covetous Rebirth that allows the necromancer to conceal or render their deaths anonymous via some spooky demonic deal, courtesy of Lord J's teaching. I'd welcome yet another way to tempt my Philosopher into dealing with the demonic against her better judgement.

Naturally, whether it's via a toggle or metaspell, it would not prevent divine smiting messaging from being seen by everyone. If you've been that bad, everyone should still see it.

Pretty please with ichor on top.
Re: Suggestion: Toggle To Hide Own Death Messaging 02/01/2019 04:46 PM CST
From the context of a Necromancer this would only enhance the mysteriously profane aspects of the guild as a whole. Forcing characters to bargain with J and the powers that supposed stand behind the Lich creates an intense sort of tension for those Necromancers that desire further anonymity from the Immortal-aligned population. I'd enjoy seeing messaging to conceal the name of the character to something like:

You sense divine retribution in the death of a corrupted mortal.
You sense divine exultation in a profane death.

So on. Necromancers, ultimately, are thematic. While a lot of the nuances might be lost in modern Dragonrealms, I see this as a tool to help return some of that mystery to the guild.