maybe this is a bug? 01/21/2017 07:58 AM CST

You are not sure, but it looks like the blackness you get when you are unconscious.
!UP>health
Your body feels in extremely bad shape!
Your spirit feels full of life.
You have some minor abrasions to the neck, a severely swollen and deeply bruised right arm compounded by cuts and bruises about the right arm, some tiny scars across the right arm, minor swelling and bruising around the left arm, some tiny scars across the left arm, minor swelling and bruising around the right leg, a few nearly invisible scars along the right leg, minor swelling and bruising around the left leg, a few nearly invisible scars along the left leg, a few nearly invisible scars along the left hand, deep slashes across the chest area, minor swelling and bruising in the abdomen compounded by cuts and bruises about the abdomen, some tiny scratches to the back, some minor abrasions to the left eye, some severe twitching.

Bleeding
Area Rate

chest (tended)
inside r. arm light
You feel like you're dying!
!UP>
As Martyr Saedelthorp recites an arcane phrase, her wounds are miraculously healed.
!UP>awake
You're unconscious. Try again later, when you're not.
[You're dying. If you wish to release your hold on life: RELEASE LIFE.]
!UP>
Martyr Saedelthorp approaches you and touches you.
Your right arm tingles for a moment, then suddenly feels a bit better. The Empath, however, is clearly in pain.
[Your debt to Zoluren has been increased by 171 Kronars.]
Roundtime: 2 seconds.
UPR>
You feel like now might be a good time to change the bandages on your chest.
UP>wake
You're unconscious. Try again later, when you're not.
[You're dying. If you wish to release your hold on life: RELEASE LIFE.]
UP>health
Your body feels in extremely bad shape!
Your spirit feels full of life.
You have some minor abrasions to the neck, minor swelling and bruising around the right arm compounded by cuts and bruises about the right arm, some tiny scars across the right arm, minor swelling and bruising around the left arm, some tiny scars across the left arm, minor swelling and bruising around the right leg, a few nearly invisible scars along the right leg, minor swelling and bruising around the left leg, a few nearly invisible scars along the left leg, a few nearly invisible scars along the left hand, deep slashes across the chest area, minor swelling and bruising in the abdomen compounded by cuts and bruises about the abdomen, some tiny scratches to the back, some minor abrasions to the left eye, some severe twitching.

Bleeding
Area Rate

chest (tended)
You feel like you're dying!
UP>
As Martyr Saedelthorp recites an arcane phrase, her wounds are miraculously healed.
UP>
You feel an itching sensation around your left leg, right leg, left arm, and right arm.
You feel slightly better.
UP>
The shimmering ethereal shield fades from around you.
Your death cry echoes in your brain as it quickly dawns on you that you have just died! Already, you feel the tug of eternity upon your soul and you struggle to remain tied to this world.

A chill takes the seat of your soul as your remaining spiritual strength bleeds away steadily. However, you are comforted that you have curried the favor of your god, which will greatly improve the course of your resurrection or reincarnation.

Your body will decay beyond its ability to hold your soul in 89 minutes.
DEAD>stand
You are a ghost! You must wait until someone resurrects you, or you decay. Either way, it won't be long now! (HELP for more details).
DEAD>

Shouldn't I have awaken? The blood loss stopped. This is the third time I've died like this without any serious wounds and unconscious.
Re: maybe this is a bug? 01/21/2017 08:22 AM CST

I don't know what specifically caused this but I can tell you it definitely wasn't a spirit death. Two clear indicators:

>Your spirit feels full of life. -- This means spirit health was at 100%.

>Your body will decay beyond its ability to hold your soul in 89 minutes. -- If it was a death from spirit loss, the decay time would be significantly less, typically like 2 minutes or less if I recall.
Re: maybe this is a bug? 01/21/2017 10:14 AM CST

if your health drops too low and you don't wake up, regardless of being healed or not, you will still die.

i have died. several times, completely healed but my vitality had gotten too low (it was coming back up) and i was still unconscious, it is more of an annoying quirk than a bug. there seems to be a time limit involved, if you start getting the "release life" message and don't wake up, you will just die anyway regardless of health. That is why it is important in triage to wake people up if they fall unconscious as soon as they are getting healed, or they will just die anyway.
Re: maybe this is a bug? 01/21/2017 09:35 PM CST
There's not enough messaging to tell for sure, but if you had used an herb to heal your chest wound at all, there could have been scars stacked under the wound there that didn't show up until you were dead?

I've lost count of the times my PCs have died from stacked scars.

Iocanthe
Doing stuff
Re: maybe this is a bug? 01/22/2017 12:12 PM CST
I THINK the only herbs I ingested was jadice flower and yelith root before running to the hospital. It wasn't scars that was stacked up, I learned about those the hard way. As I said before I've died like this before, getting to the hospital in time and being tended or without any open wounds and just die when unconscious.
Re: maybe this is a bug? 01/22/2017 01:33 PM CST
That was my one idea, so far.

Sorry!

Iocanthe
Doing stuff
Re: maybe this is a bug? 01/22/2017 02:08 PM CST
I thought the "dying" state gave you a small (maybe 10-20%) vitality boost to give you time to get healed or recover, but when the dying state comes to its timer/ending, it takes that health back. If you are then below 0% due to vit loss or bleeding during dying state, you die.

-Master Ndin
https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Ndin
Re: maybe this is a bug? 01/22/2017 11:56 PM CST
>>I thought the "dying" state gave you a small (maybe 10-20%) vitality boost to give you time to get healed or recover, but when the dying state comes to its timer/ending, it takes that health back. If you are then below 0% due to vit loss or bleeding during dying state, you die.

This is my understanding, too. You essentially get a loan.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.