Shaky? 07/02/2014 04:22 AM CDT
Not quite sure where to post, but I'm feeling a little shaky, and haven't been dead in quite some time...

[You're shaky, nimbly balanced and in dominating position.]

Your body feels at full strength.
Your spirit feels full of life.
You have no significant injuries.

Any ideas why I'd be shaky?

Azkaban
Re: Shaky? 07/02/2014 04:38 AM CDT
Its a bug that has been around for years and is apparently very sneaky. I have no idea why it happens, except that it's related to the death system. It's supposed to be fixable by logging out and logging back in, but that didn't work for me the last time. It eventually went away after about 3 days for me the last time, and I still have no idea what fixed it.

An ASSIST should be able to get you fixed as well if logging doesn't work.
Re: Shaky? 07/02/2014 06:29 AM CDT
The current iteration of this bug does not appear to respond to logging out/back in. It is being looked into, but it does seem to be a rather difficult one to track down and fix for good.

At this time, the only fix we have does require the shaky person to ASSIST. It is a quick fix on the GM end, but not something a Game Host can do, so you will need an actual GM around to do it. If a Game Host is around, though, they can at least put you into the referral queue so one of us can grab you when we're around.

If anyone has this bug pop up, and it goes away without GM intervention, please post here and/or submit a BUG report with as much information as you can about what you were doing when it went away.

-Persida
Re: Shaky? 07/02/2014 07:05 AM CDT
>If anyone has this bug pop up, and it goes away without GM intervention, please post here and/or submit a BUG report with as much information as you can about what you were doing when it went away.

I was able to clear it by casting auspice on myself. I'd guess that if you can modify your own spirit health in some fashion (the total pool, not the current value) by increasing charisma or a direct buff like auspice, it clears?

I'm a badger, I be badgerin'
Re: Shaky? 07/02/2014 07:07 AM CDT
I've been shaky for a few weeks now, had a death yesterday (departed) and that did not change the shaky status, still there. I'll keep any eye on it to see if it goes away on its own or by other means.

Rehlyn

A Maelshyvean shadow beast slows long enough to deeply inhale some of the swirling shadows surrounding it. After a moment, it sighs with great releif and blackness oozes from its ears and nostrils.
Re: Shaky? 07/02/2014 07:09 AM CDT
<<I was able to clear it by casting auspice on myself. I'd guess that if you can modify your own spirit health in some fashion (the total pool, not the current value) by increasing charisma or a direct buff like auspice, it clears?

This might explain my shaky state of a month ago or so going away on its own too. I known I trained a bunch of Charisma around that time. I'll search my logs and see if there's a correlation between training charisma and not being shaky anymore.
Re: Shaky? 07/02/2014 10:27 AM CDT
Someone came to me the other day that had the "Shaky" status and I cured it just by casting Vigil on them. Simple and easy fix on our end too!

If you act like prey, do not blame me for acting like the predator I am.
DR_Shaidval @ AIM
Re: Shaky? 07/02/2014 03:49 PM CDT
Oh, I did a BLUFF AMAZE for 'the first time in forever' (Gah! Why won't those damn Frozen songs go out of my head), so the shaky might be about coming down off that high?

Azkaban
Re: Shaky? 07/03/2014 05:57 AM CDT
So it turns out that BLUFF AMAZE, may be both a cause and cure (for Bards, anyway). Vigil didn't work for me.

Az

Azkaban UiNeill, Bard of Therengia, an Elf
https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Azkaban
Re: Shaky? 07/05/2014 12:21 AM CDT
I've been shaky since I died the other day and the only thing I did different was that for the first time ever after I died I used my glass shard gift from the last Hollows Eve Fest to remove death's sting. Unsure if that could be related.
Re: Shaky? 07/26/2014 02:14 PM CDT
Having a permanent case of the shakes might be fixed now. There was some bad code distributing unhealthy stats to folks, but that process has now been arrested. There are a few ways to get the problem to go away on your own, going cold turkey on spells and abilities followed by a brief stint in login/logout rehab usually fixes it, and you can always assist in game and we can give you a rapid detox. Once fixed, hopefully it won't come back, but if it does let me know and I'll go hunting through the haystack again.

FGM Ricinus
Logistics Lead
Magic, Sentients Team Member
Cleric Advocate
Re: Shaky? 07/27/2014 01:16 AM CDT
Thanks for looking into this.

BLUFF AMAZE was both the cause and cure in my case.

Az

Azkaban UiNeill, Bard of Therengia, an Elf
https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Azkaban

Singing for tips since 312.
Re: Shaky? 07/30/2014 07:14 AM CDT
> Once fixed, hopefully it won't come back, but if it does let me know and I'll go hunting through the haystack again.

I'm afraid it's back.

Last night I died and departed, then logged before I was back up to full spirit health. Today, I've got the permanent shakes. I tried logging again after getting back up to full, but it didn't help.
Re: Shaky? 08/01/2014 03:53 AM CDT
This happened to me again yesterday, and is still affecting me currently. Being logged out for the last 12 hours or so has not fixed it. This is also on a Trader who has not used any special abilities in at least 24 hours, including Speculate Finesse, and who has obviously not cast any spells. Details:

I died and then logged out because I was too tired to deal with it at the moment. I logged back in a couple days later and departed. I went and circled twice immediately after this and the act of circling instantly restored all my health, mana, stamina, spirit, and concentration pools to 100%. Very shortly after this(within 10 to 15 seconds at most) I got a message stating "Your spirit feels strangely stronger" which is odd because circling had already restored it to 100%. I then trained Reflex 5 times and Charisma 2 times and headed back to hunt. While waiting for mobs to spawn, my death effects from the depart finally wore off. Once combat started I was shaky and I have been shaky ever since.

I have a full log of these events from logging in while dead to first seeing shaky in combat if you want me to send it to you.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Re: Shaky? 08/01/2014 07:49 AM CDT
It seems like the issue is that when death's sting wears off it doesn't re-calculate spirit health, it uses a pre-determined value. Since you trained a stat that boosts spirit health (charisma? wisdom?) while under death's sting, when death's sting wore off it returned you to your previous max spirit health.
Re: Shaky? 08/01/2014 08:21 AM CDT
<<Once combat started I was shaky and I have been shaky ever since.

Small update: My shaky status has now gone away after a second log-out period.

Re: Shaky? 08/01/2014 11:10 AM CDT
Thanks for the detailed rundown. If you want to send me that log feel free, it'll be helpful in case the shakiness is being caused by something other than what was mentioned in your post. I'll recreate those events and see if I can get the shakes to manifest and hopefully get this fixed up once and for all.

FGM Ricinus
Logistics Lead
Cleric Advocate
Re: Shaky? 08/01/2014 12:04 PM CDT
Fixed.

FGM Ricinus
Logistics Lead
Cleric Advocate
Re: Shaky? 08/01/2014 03:09 PM CDT
Out of curiosity, which part of my actions was the cause? Circling, stat training, both? Something else?

Re: Shaky? 08/01/2014 04:12 PM CDT
Will those of us still under the effects need to assist to get it fixed?
Re: Shaky? 08/01/2014 09:37 PM CDT
>>Out of curiosity, which part of my actions was the cause? Circling, stat training, both? Something else?

It was a combination of things which at the core was an issue with any Discipline buff/debuff not applying changes to spirit health, but was only noticeable in conjunction with other systems that correctly reconfigured all derived pools (like spirit health) regardless of which ones needed it.

So specifically, in this case it was circling while under the effect of death's sting that caused the problem to show up, though any Discipline debuff would do the same.

>>Will those of us still under the effects need to assist to get it fixed?

Actually... Any buff/debuff to Discipline should fix it now. Circling fixes it too.

FGM Ricinus
Logistics Lead
Cleric Advocate