Death and Coins 06/22/2014 04:16 PM CDT
When you depart without choosing an option that includes coins, I think your coins should drop on the ground rather than just vanish. Considering if you don't include items, they pop into a grave.

This would allow people to have a small chance to grab their coins if they don't choose one of those options, and it would also make player and creature deaths consistent for having coins dropping.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
Re: Death and Coins 06/22/2014 04:19 PM CDT
I like both this suggestion and you.

"Brace yourselves, Squanto is going to bleh blah fart fart bleh.." -the player of the character formerly known as Pureblade
Re: Death and Coins 06/22/2014 06:08 PM CDT
Agreed.
Re: Death and Coins 06/23/2014 09:10 PM CDT
>When you depart without choosing an option that includes coins, I think your coins should drop on the ground rather than just vanish. Considering if you don't include items, they pop into a grave.

Not that it means much, but this has been the way it's been since the beginning, because (one GM said decades ago) they didn't want to encourage players killing each other to steal money.

If they changed it, I'd really want it to be an item in the grave rather than just lying around.

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Death and Coins 06/23/2014 09:14 PM CDT
<If they changed it, I'd really want it to be an item in the grave rather than just lying around.

I'd prefer SEARCH/LOOTable corpses, personally, but that's just me.
Re: Death and Coins 06/23/2014 10:42 PM CDT
>>I'd prefer SEARCH/LOOTable corpses, personally, but that's just me.

Definitely just you, or at least anyone who doesn't see the customer service nightmare that would cause.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Death and Coins 06/27/2014 08:07 PM CDT
It would sort of make depart coins (2 favors) obsolete. If you're alone, just depart and pick up your coins. So the only time anyone would use depart coins is in a PvP situation where they didn't trust the other person on the room. Not sure I see the point in coins dropping other than to skirt the extra favor for departing.
Re: Death and Coins 06/27/2014 08:54 PM CDT
Items on the ground are prone to the janitor.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.