Depart Coin Bug 09/05/2011 11:08 AM CDT
The general scenario is: I get a ward, depart coin, get back to the Ward. Ward is gone. Have all my coins, have all my clothes. Only 2 favors missing (Versus 3 for Depart Full). This has happened to me twice now. I'm not sure if it is a bug with Aesry, Paladin Warding, or Depart Coin.

I'm cutting a lot of the extra stuff...

Your body will decay beyond its ability to hold your soul in 71 minutes.
>

Templar Ciles just arrived.
>
Ciles traces the Glyph of Warding over your dead body! A soft red glow settles over you.
Ciles randomly traces her hand through the air!
>weal
You are a ghost! You must wait until someone resurrects you, or you decay. Either way, it won't be long now! (HELP for more details).
>depart coin
You feel yourself lifted gently, cradled as if by a mother's hand.

You suddenly find yourself floating upward, the light dimming slowly around you. Eventually, everything vanishes as the distance increases and you are enveloped by a sparkling panorama of brilliantly lit stars.

[The Starry Road]
You find yourself walking along a road like one you have never seen before. Spread out before you is a stream of light, paved with stars and bounded by every constellation and planet you had ever seen while a mortal, only now more vibrant and somehow alive.
Also in the room: The Starry Host
Obvious exits: north
>
You walk forward, putting one foot in front of the other, wandering closer to something which never seems nearer. Time, space and distance have no meaning in this place, leaving you feeling nothing but a strange peace tempered by a prickly feeling that your destiny is not yet finished.

After what seems an eternity, you reach a gate. Before you stands a stoney-faced being who gives you a gentle look before saying, "By the grace of the Immortals you venerate, your soul is spared from the Void. Do not squander their gift." With a swift movement of his hand you suddenly feel yourself pulled back to the land of the living.

You feel chilled to the heart as cold waters surround you and a powerful undertow drags you deeper and deeper into a black chill. At last, you begin to rise on a buoyant wave, just as pain and numbness surmount all other sensations. The light of warm sunlight pulls at you, drawing you towards it through the cold waters and into the warmth.

The light finally fades, and you find yourself alive...and elsewhere.
[Morgue, Casket Room]
A cold black altar, carved with swelling waves and the bowed figures of mourners, faces the entrance to the room. The remains of a wilted bouquet rest on a prayer rug spread before the altar. Several caskets are stored along one wall, ranging from simple to elaborate styles.
Obvious exits: south.
>stand
You stand back up.
>s

Travelling Back to Ward

You saunter south.
[Aesry Surlaenis'a, Liva'an Cha'walkas]
The bank building stands on a slight rise in the terrace terrain. The entrance is through a jail-like gate which swings open during business hours. Two tall cedars sway ceremoniously at the junction of the short path leading to the gate.
Obvious paths: north, southeast, west.
>se
You saunter southeast.
[Aesry Surlaenis'a, Liva'an Cha'walkas]
Thousands of small, shimmering pale grey and white crisp shells crunch underfoot as the road continues to circle the lough. A finger of fog drifts off from the water in slow puffs before dissipating into thin smoky nothing. You also see a mud-stained brass box, a short curved blade and a market tent.
Also here: Templar Ciles.
Obvious paths: south, northwest.

NO WARD

>l vyraka
You are Elusive Vyraka Giesa, Mist of Elanthia, a Kaldar.
You have an angular face with elegant arched eyebrows, tilted sapphire eyes and an upturned nose. Your snow-white hair is long and wavy, and is worn parted down the center. You have translucent skin and a lithe figure.
You are a bit over average height for a Kaldar.
You are in your prime.
You have a tattoo of two puncture marks set close together on your thigh.
You look fatigued.
You are in good shape.

You are wearing some deep indigo footwraps, some embellished knee spikes, a midnight-blue and silver raw silk sash tied with an intricate knot, a thin animite band prominently displaying a small faceted cobalt iolite, some engraved elbow spikes, a dark indigo pack of fine crushed velvet, a sea bag, a worked leather staff harness, a lush velvet cloak of midnight blue, a flowing indigo steelsilk robe clasped with an ornate silver medallion, a steel nose guard with an intricate spiraling filigree pattern, a marbled indigo tulip and a polished maple herbal case with provincial emblems engraved on the sides.
>weal

Wealth:
No Kronars.
2 gold and 5 silver Lirums (2500 copper Lirums).
5 bronze Dokoras (50 copper Dokoras).
>
Time Development Points: 70 Favors: 11 (Originally 13) Deaths: 88 Departs: 14
Overall state of mind: clear
EXP HELP for more information
>
Your spirit feels less drained.

Several Minutes Later....

>
The soft red glow around your body fades away.
>

[==Vyraka==]
Re: Depart Coin Bug 09/05/2011 11:43 AM CDT
I don't think that's a bug.

I think that's now what wards do. Instead of creating a glyph they just allow you to depart full with the cost of only two favors.
Re: Depart Coin Bug 09/05/2011 12:17 PM CDT
<<I think that's now what wards do.

Ah - okay! Must have missed that memo. Works for me...Thanks PB!

[==Vyraka==]
Re: Depart Coin Bug 09/05/2011 12:54 PM CDT
Just as reference...

http://elanthipedia.com/wiki/Post:Death,_Depart,_and_Wards!_-_7/28/2009_-_21:59:56