Old items in my vault 05/05/2020 06:33 PM CDT
I have a whole lot of stuff in my vault. So much I can't put my craft bag in it and it is heavy. I would love to know if any of my old things are even of use any more. You know...old weapons bought at past fairs, gifts from some fairs and events (the merelew comes to mind), things I won from Droughtman's Maze and other events. Did the introduction of crafting skew the quality of old things in favor of the new player made thing or newer items like gems, cloth, armor etc.

Please SOMEONE please tell me if I should just throw my old stuff away. I don't like upsetting the GMs when I screw things up by opening my vault and trying to put things in it. Sorry Z.

Zinaca and her baby wolf, Lucky the 16th
Re: Old items in my vault 05/06/2020 12:41 PM CDT

A lot of old weapons don't match up to new crafted or new microtrans event items. If you're looking at strictly performance, its likely your stuff isn't that valuable. You may have items you want to keep because its cool text, and we play a text based game. If you craft bag is full of tools and materials, look into deeding crafting supplies and storing tools at the societies.

Its likely good to just sit with some friends and sort out whats worth keeping and what isn't. Hit up the ranger group. You're not upsetting anyone going into the vault so don't worry about it!

Jalika
Re: Old items in my vault 05/07/2020 10:53 AM CDT

Welcome back lady! Yeah, Jalika's correct. Most of the older weapons are surpassed by the crafted items now. There's a few exceptions, but in 90% of the cases the new crafted weapons are superior to the older ones. There might be some you might want to keep for verbs or role playing reasons, but not because they are better damage wise. Also go get a deed packet and deed some of your crafting supplies, cuts the weight down a lot.

Oh, I don't know if you know this, but if you can make remedies now that are actually better than the herbs you can buy. I'm getting to where everything I use I make, except for internal limbs and I'm working on that.

Bluefalcon