Flying carpet 01/29/2018 10:42 PM CST
Would it be possible to update carpets to be more like brooms in as much as not having to be dropped to be mounted? it seems like a really expensive item to have to drop to use. Also, would it be possible to also look at what happens when we get booted/log while mounted? Could they maybe be made to fly off when someone gets booted or logs while mounted, and then fly back when they log back in, much like a pet when you log in and out?
Re: Flying carpet 01/29/2018 11:30 PM CST
Would like to add that, the option to have the ornate platinum sigil work on them.

SEND[Naohhi] We'll look into it, but for now, you're making giant errors pop up all over the place on this side. :p
SEND[Naohhi] That means.. please stop.
You have some tiny scratches to the wings.
Re: Flying carpet 01/30/2018 10:24 AM CST

Sounds like getting them to work "at feet" like pyramids might be useful if they don't already.
Re: Flying carpet 01/31/2018 03:34 PM CST

>>Sounds like getting them to work "at feet" like pyramids might be useful if they don't already.

i think it would be difficult to have an "at feet" item move with you room to room since you usually can't.
Re: Flying carpet 01/31/2018 03:53 PM CST
>>i think it would be difficult to have an "at feet" item move with you room to room since you usually can't.

That's not how magic carpets (or brooms) work, mechanically (at least from a non-GM perspective with no access to real code or other NDA mojo).

Here's the process.

1) You unroll and drop your carpet or hold your broom
2) You mount the carpet/broom
3) The carpet/broom itself stops existing as that particular item. The system does system mojo that transforms the item into something else you can interact with that is separate from the innate version of the item.
4) Once you dismount the carpet/broom, it becomes a "regular" item again. The broom goes in your hand, and I forget if the carpet goes to your hand or goes back to being on the ground.

The request people are making is that the "innate" version of the carpet can go to the "foot" slot instead of just on the ground, to prevent it from being lost/stolen/janitored/etc. IMO, brooms are 1000% better than carpets explicitly because I'd always be worried about dismounting my carpet and forgetting to pick it back up, or getting hit with lag at a very cruel moment, etc.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Flying carpet 01/31/2018 03:56 PM CST
>>Would like to add that, the option to have the ornate platinum sigil work on them.

As an aside, this is why platinum sigils also don't work on them (at least when I tried to bond a carpet forever ago). Since the item keeps deleting/recreating itself as it moves between the "innate item" and "fun flying mojo mount" versions, it has difficulty remembering additional widgets tied to it like bonding. The item version knows how to create the original mount version, and the mount version knows how to create the original item version. It couldn't remember bonds because the bond script wasn't baked into what the item can turn into.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Flying carpet 01/31/2018 05:34 PM CST
I know, that is why I asked if they could make them work for them. Had that issue when registering it, it would register then unregister.

SEND[Naohhi] We'll look into it, but for now, you're making giant errors pop up all over the place on this side. :p
SEND[Naohhi] That means.. please stop.
You have some tiny scratches to the wings.