Teleportation Jewelry 07/20/2017 06:47 PM CDT
Quick question before I buy something that will have no use to me. The teleportation jewelry in the simushop says you can set a location and then teleport there. I am guessing that I probably have to be at that location in order to set my jewelry to it, correct? I am trying to get to m'riss quickly but I am not a citizen and can not find anyone to put me on the Degan, so I am just hoping I could set it to M'riss, teleport there, become a citizen and problem solved.

Thanks in advance for you help.

Asterid
Re: Teleportation Jewelry 07/20/2017 07:18 PM CDT
>Quick question before I buy something that will have no use to me. The teleportation jewelry in the simushop says you can set a location and then teleport there. I am guessing that I probably have to be at that location in order to set my jewelry to it, correct? I am trying to get to m'riss quickly but I am not a citizen and can not find anyone to put me on the Degan, so I am just hoping I could set it to M'riss, teleport there, become a citizen and problem solved.

This is correct. You have to be in a location to set JJ (teleportation jewelry).
Your best options for getting to M'riss are:

Ask (via gweth, lchat or discord) a Moon Mage to astrally travel to M'riss (unless you're real lucky and a MM is already there and ATK) and riftally summon you or gate you to M'riss.

Ask (via gweth, lchat or discord) a private ship owner to sail you there.

Travel to Langenfirth and board the airship and fly to M'riss. It's a 15 minute flight plus a couple minutes docking time.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Airship

Kythryn's map shows the location of the Langenfirth airship platform:

http://www.kythsjournal.com/maps/map08.htm
Re: Teleportation Jewelry 07/20/2017 07:19 PM CDT
You (or another person) has to go to the location to set it, yes. Then you can go there any time the associated moon is up.

__
Amybecka
Re: Teleportation Jewelry 07/20/2017 07:31 PM CDT
Thank you for the info. I have just returned after a few years away and did not know about the airship. I will give that a try.

Asterid
Re: Teleportation Jewelry 07/20/2017 07:38 PM CDT
>just returned after a few years away and did not know about the airship

unrelated to JJs there's also an airship that flies between Shard and Aesry (only 5 minutes for that trip) now.
Re: Teleportation Jewelry 07/21/2017 09:16 AM CDT
<<unrelated to JJs there's also an airship that flies between Shard and Aesry (only 5 minutes for that trip) now.>>

Really? Where's the Airship dock at in the Shard area?

Bluefalcon
Re: Teleportation Jewelry 07/21/2017 01:15 PM CDT
>Really? Where's the Airship dock at in the Shard area?

From outside the Tower of Greenwalls (old ranger guild) in the SE quadrant of Shard, go bridge, go building (the houses consulate building iirc), go up to 4th floor.

The Aesry end is on the uppermost tier in the Southern end of the city near the Bard shop. From outside the Bard shop go NW, Climb path, SE, E, E, climb footpath or path (or something along those lines).

Incidentally the Airship page on epedia could use updating to include both airships if anyone's interested.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Airship
Re: Teleportation Jewelry 07/21/2017 01:39 PM CDT
What is the Shard/Aesry one? The Duskruin auction airship choice? Do these cross instances? In Plat a Crossing to Hib airship was put in. Prime get that one also? The dock was out west gate of crossing a few rooms and west gate of hib a few rooms

You slap Voldag hard in the face with your hand, making a nice crisp smack!! That's going to leave a mark!
Re: Teleportation Jewelry 07/21/2017 02:45 PM CDT
>>What is the Shard/Aesry one? The Duskruin auction airship choice? Do these cross instances? In Plat a Crossing to Hib airship was put in. Prime get that one also? The dock was out west gate of crossing a few rooms and west gate of hib a few rooms

It is indeed an auction airship. No, they do not cross instances.

-Persida
Re: Teleportation Jewelry 07/21/2017 09:06 PM CDT

The airship in Lang should definitely do it for you, but if you want to borrow a JJ set to mriss let me know, I have a few. Can hit me up with a SEND.

Jalika