Safecracker's thigh bag 10/03/2016 10:10 PM CDT
This item in the Grey Raven Commissary...according to Elanthipedia, the bag itself provides a disarm boost when rubbed and the goggles provide a lockpicking boost. But now that the two skills have merged, how does this work? Buffs don't stack generally, so is it just less useful now?

Also, does this have charges and/or a cooldown timer?
Re: Safecracker's thigh bag 10/05/2016 10:38 PM CDT
They both work the same way:
You suddenly gain focus on the delicate tasks of trap removal and lockpicking.

And they seem to be on a cooldown timer, I believe of once a day, but that's only per memory not something I've confirmed.

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
"Phelim, what have I wrought?"
GM NaOHHI
---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Vic
Re: Safecracker's thigh bag 10/06/2016 01:07 AM CDT
Thanks for the info. I was originally thinking that they would be less useful now that Locksmithing is a single skill, but depending on the amount that it actually boosts the skill they might be MORE useful, since instead of a 24-hour timer for two skills you would have two items on separate cooldowns that boost the same skill, in effect cutting the timer in half. Or am I misunderstanding the way they work?
Re: Safecracker's thigh bag 10/06/2016 02:41 AM CDT
>Thanks for the info. I was originally thinking that they would be less useful now that Locksmithing is a single skill, but depending on the amount that it actually boosts the skill they might be MORE useful, since instead of a 24-hour timer for two skills you would have two items on separate cooldowns that boost the same skill, in effect cutting the timer in half. Or am I misunderstanding the way they work?

No, that is correct. Essentially now you have two separate items that boost locksmithing, each with its own cooldown.
Re: Safecracker's thigh bag 10/06/2016 03:24 AM CDT
Excellent, thanks!!